21 single tree mats/pats

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
21 single tree mats/pats

I think it was back in the 1.09 days, therefore the thread has been well and truly digested by the squid, someone was doing a 21 trees collection of mats/pats. I don't recall who it was, or whether it was completed, but does anyone remember anything about it. I've got a vague idea of completing it myself and I'd like to see how it was done.

NagisaFurukawa

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: 21 single tree mats/pats

Now there's an idea... *steals*

Anyway, there are cookie cutters for most of the trees. Which are you having trouble with?

Cygnus

Diabloii.Net Member

Anyway, there are cookie cutters for most of the trees.
Depends on whether you allow 1-point utility skills. *Pure* single tree builds are very rare, passivezon and lightning sorc are the only ones I've seen

scottee

Diabloii.Net Member

A singer barb also doesn't really need points in any other tree, though a few masteries are kinda nice to have. A masteries barb, otoh, makes me shudder...

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

As far as I can remember, some of them were done. a barb named passive was single mastery tree only, and it was not as hard as some may suggested.

I also remember passive tree only zon, combat tree only pally. There are some true single tree sorc, and necro in the past.

I'm sure there are more single tree only builds around.

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member

I mean only the skills in any one tree can be used, with the exception of item granted skills.

I already have:

Druid summoning tree
Druid elemental tree (windy)
Druid shape shifting tree (WB 1.09)
Assassin shadow tree
Nerco P&B tree (boner)

and I currently working on

Barb war cries tree
Amazon P&M tree

I'm sure someone else has done the complete set, I just cannot remember who.

RssDiablo

Diabloii.Net Member

are you twinking them? If so i'd highly recommend a kodiak bear, it can easily be done with only the Shapeshifting Tree.

Also, either way, dont forget to make a Trapsin!

NagisaFurukawa

Diabloii.Net Member

Vouch. Kodiak bears are fun, safe, effective, and DIFFERENT.

Don't forget the pure LF zon either!

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

I just patted a PnB necro, with skills only in that tree. But that sounds a nice challenge. Maybe I'll start that after I've finished my few other projects.

Huriel

Diabloii.Net Member

Might start this, been looking for an excuse to start playing Diablo again and this fits perfectly :)

Low Key

Diabloii.Net Member

Necromancer Curses are going to be absolutely awful. To make that work, you'd need to rely mostly on items alone.

Skinhead On The MBTA

Diabloii.Net Member

If you're allowing item-granted skills, may I suggest a Passion runeword for the Offensive Auras Paladin? It'll allow you to get Zeal without putting any points into it.

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member

Necromancer Curses are going to be absolutely awful. To make that work, you'd need to rely mostly on items alone.

I got a curse necro already started actually. I've call him Gordon_Ramsey. :grin: I think I'll use the Trangs set for starters.

Jason Maher

Diabloii.Net Member

That's eerie - I had a random thought today that a single tree only tournament would be fun (if it hasn't been done already). As they say, great minds think like mine. :wink3: I think if such a thing were done a mojomancer (curses only) might get a few bonus points.

Anyway, I'm off to start a Masteries-only Barb.

GoHabsGo

Diabloii.Net Member

Ya a curses only necro would be so long. Didn't a character named Mojo did this with a nice background story a while ago?

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

Oh, I think that a paladin with only defensive auras might have a tough time as well...

But it does sound like fun... I would certainly read up on any progress reports here!

Cius

Diabloii.Net Member

The ones that I think would struggle the most would be Defensive Paly, and mojomancer. The macer would just really let a merc do all the killing and provide crowd control and added damage through curses. CB on the merc would be essential!

Passivezon would also be a bit slow but safe I imagine.

Melchior3

Diabloii.Net Member

Any 1-tree character can solo the game really. Tetanus (for those who know him from PDF) Mat'd a no stat+no skill sorc, solo. Although he did die ALOT and had to really work on +str/dex twinking and getting life.
While such extremism isn't necessary, I think alot of these are a good idea because it forces you to break away from the usual builds and focus on on element of the char.