Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2019 Spring RFL Sign-up and Running Thread: 2nd Round

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Grape, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

@NanoMist

2. NanoMist

NanoMist IncGamers Member

Ugh no, not Travincal. One set is more than enough.

I should probably gear up soon..

3. Babyhell

Babyhell IncGamers Member

30minutes before start here in France ! Get ready, i'll start with my Barb, waiting for Snowclash before involving BabySorc !!!

4. Shuffleblast

Shuffleblast IncGamers Member

Ahhh I'll try and see if I can get some runs done.

---------------------------
    Grape (1.07)
    WoRG (1.07)
    zemaj (1.07)
    pharphis (1.07)
    helvete (1.07)
    maxicek
    ffs
    art_vandelay
    peytron
    LongingForDeath
    jjscud
    PhineasB
    Vildecor
    Gripphon
    Kitteh
    Hutton
    T72on1
    sir_cyclops
    CaseyJones
    Teddeeboy
    Babyhell
    Apila
    ESDv2
    Friiser
    NanoMist
    TheGuardianXXXIII
    Ghonn
    Luhkoh
    Pb_pal
    Jocular
    Quinneczech
    Shuffleblast
    ----------------------------

This was supposed to become barb's enigma, but hey... it's RFL!

Screenshot034.jpg

ffs, T72on1, LongingForDeath and 2 others like this.
  5. Babyhell

6 minutes before start here !

6. Babyhell

HERE WE GO ! GL TO YOU ALL, BUT REMEMBER: STAY BEHIND ME <3<3<3

Shuffleblast likes this.
  7. Babyhell

Did a 4 hours session tonight with barb, and all i can say is that i'm gonna be in top 30, probably top 20, maybe top 10, luckily top 5, surprisingly top 3, 1.07ly first !

#JustStayBehind
    Yes, i'm trying to mind trick you all :oops:

All in all I have to start huge, i'll be off from saturday to tuesday, so if I want to try two sets, better make 7/8 hours before holidays !

Edit: lvl 89 checked, on the road to be my third 90+ ! Fourth may be sorc on second set :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  8. Ghonn

Ghonn IncGamers Member

How long exactly did it take you all to roll a good map for Travi? I tried about two hours yesterday, and the best I got was Toorc inside the temple while rest of the gang hanging outside on the dead end balcony. That happened thrice. It might suffice if I happen upon it the fourth time.

Also: how delicate is the council spawning point regarding your actions? I recall seeing an illustration with so called "magic line" from the waypoint to the temple, and a recommendation to tele along it staying on the upper (northern?) side. I always cast BO at the waypoint and tele to temple along the same route, but it seems that I cannot keep the spawn point unchanged reliably. This is a bit frustrating if I ever manage to find a truly magnificent map.

Edit: Damn. I found the post and also noticed I had some very vague memories about the magic line. Here it is: https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/lk-vs-travincal-vs-cows-runefinding-guide.940121/

Oh well, maybe I'll settle with a map Toorc inside the temple and the rest on the on dead end balcony.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  9. LongingForDeath

LongingForDeath IncGamers Member

Long... I rerolled maps for a few hours, too. Usually Toorc is separated from the rest and either inside or outside, opposite to where the other two groups are. If he spawns close to them, then they're usually all inside, which, in my opinion is best, anyway, if you run with a Barb, since the inside of the temple has far less blindspots and you can easily get to the items. Whereas on the balcony, sometimes you only see an item if you're below the balcony, which means you won't be able to pick it up... Best sorc map I got is where the two groups are close together in the middle of the left-side balcony and Toorc is near the doorway, but also outside.

@art_vandelay I respec'ed now, maxed out Blizzard and its synergies, put 5 points into static field and the rest into Cold Mastery. That way I can still max that by level 99 ;). My Cold Mastery is at -150% now, so further improvements would only affect Toorc. Damage against everyone else is maxed out and can only be further improved by more +skills.

art_vandelay likes this.
  10. Babyhell

@Ghonn I guess the hardest maps to get must be balcony ones...I found one not so bad relatively quickly for the sorc, but very fragile in terms of path wp/council, I don't have a lot of margin to have it spawn on balcony.

Barb map is average, but as I don't want it in balcony I won't push more on it (spawn almost exclusively on the left of the main room)

11. Ghonn

Ghonn IncGamers Member

Thank you both for your responses! I guess I'm not doing it all wrong after all. It just takes time and can be demanding in regards of pathing. Back to rolling maps after work.

12. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

@Babyhell Ok, ok, I'll send you the Snowclash asap ;). Meaning: in some 5 hours time, when I get back at home. You played until 4AM and are already back on the forums now? Wow, don't forget to sleep, ok?

@Ghonn I was probably lucky, but I only had to look for a good map for 15 - 30 minutes, probably closer to the 15 minute mark than the 30 minute one. Twice ... one for my Blizz Sorc, one for my Barb. Both maps have all council members on the balcony, to the left but not entirely cornered like that Gripphon map. Still, especially on my Sorc's map the group is pretty tight, so it's a very good map.

In retrospect it's probably indeed better to have the Council all inside, clumped together, for Barb, but I didn't know at the time of rerolling. Right now I think I will do the whole set with my level 95 Blizz Sorc, so it's not an issue. If not, I'm not sure if I'll take the time to reroll the Barb map or not. Probably not though, I still hate rerolling ;).

As far as stability of the council spawning goes, I think the image from Gripphon about the magic line really tells it all. Stay above or beneath it, and you always get the same result. I usually take the north side.

I should be able to start this afternoon at 2pm and run for a solid 3 hours. Gogogo me !!! ...

... and all the others of course. Good luck everyone !!!

sir_cyclops and Ghonn like this.
  13. LongingForDeath

LongingForDeath IncGamers Member

Only downside for the Barb when the council is inside is that runs tend to take a bit longer, because they have the option to spread out during the fight, which is less likely to happen on the balcony. But you miss less/no items inside.

I might do my first runs in the afternoon today before work, otherwise I'll just start this round tomorrow afternoon. I'm aiming for 3 batches. First one with Sorc, second with Barb, third with whoever I enjoyed playing the most or was most successful with.

Babyhell and T72on1 like this.
  14. Ghonn

Ghonn IncGamers Member

I'm running L94 blizzardess, so luckily no worrying about barb maps. Having them fallen councelors all gathered in a tight pack at the dead end was extremely pleasant for the three times I experienced it (except for Toorc. Damn you, Toorc!). Gotta catch 'em all!

This place is more than amazing with all the knowledge about the game.

15. Babyhell

@T72on1 More or less...did half an hour at midnight, then had to make a quick break and completed the session by 5AM. Must have done a bit less, but I round it at 4. As you allowed me not to Andy run, I slept also a bit before 11PM to be ready ;)

T72on1 likes this.
  16. ffs

ffs IncGamers Member

I won't go as crazy as apparently @Babyhell and @LongingForDeath are about Travincal. :D But new job won't start this month yet, and while I'll be spending time in different places, I may very well find the time for 2 sets. After all I need to screw around with the placement points of those who can still win RFL overall. ;)

17. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

OT: Now that you're back from travelling the galaxy, what's the new job?

ffs likes this.
  18. art_vandelay

art_vandelay IncGamers Member

Well, Babyhell sure will get that first set before anyone else :D

I started at the same time, only 2 hours in, but at least I got a little bit more sleep :p

---

Sorry to say, but tournament's over... you won't believe it, but the 1.13 council can drop 1.07 HRs!

Ruby Small Charm of Good Luck
    Small Charm
    Required Level: 33
    Fingerprint: 0x79268c57
    Item Level: 85
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    Unidentified
    Fire Resist +10%
    7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Vildecor, Luhkoh and Babyhell like this.
  19. ffs

ffs IncGamers Member

Travelling another galaxy – I've heard of a cozy place in M87. :) Still have some time to decide and interviews lined up. I was working as a lawyer before but prefer to move to a government/ministry position.

20. Babyhell

@ffs I'll be remembered for one thing: hitting hard at start ! Afterwards I may well be an average runner amongst the runners...but targeting two sets requires sacrifice :p I can't imagine three :confused:

@art_vandelay no I won't be the first, leaving home ok saturday until tuesday, here's your time to complete before me...but as I told everyone to stay behind, I hope no-one will allow himself to make more than 7 hours by then...:mad::mad::mad: nice drop btw, guess it's worth it !