Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2019 Spring RFL Sign-up and Running Thread: 2nd Round

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Grape, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

30 players already, good good. Lucky number is participant nr. 40 this round! It's gonna rain Chams for him/her. That's a promise! Gogogo!

@pharphis nice, how much is your Bone Spirit damage? As I've said earlier, I'd like to test that build as well.

Oops. Thanks. Updated now.

sir_cyclops likes this.
  2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I tried the 2x Hoto / Arachnid's setup instead of the 2x Suicide Branch / perfect SoE setup I started my test runs with. It felt far more squishy. So for now I went back to first setup, even though that means the loss of 5 +skills, so less life and less hork chance. I guess I'll have to practice more and/or re-evaluate my rare rings. How much life leech do you have in total?

About the additional walk to the right ... why is it necessary? You can see all the drops after you stop killing and stop horking, and you hork with 'show items' key pressed, so you should always see the orange flash. Also, when I'm in doubt if I have missed a drop, I don't always sidestep, but sometimes teleport to the right a bit. Isn't that as good, or do you still risk missing items?

Btw, that is the map I was referring to in my earlier posts. Just so sick.

3. TheGuardianXXXIII

TheGuardianXXXIII IncGamers Member

Watching these videos is really making me wanna try a blizz sorc. Not sure if my Full Tals meteorb sorc has a hell respec left. Might have to make a key for her if not (don't wanna lose her LK map). I don't have arach's, CoH, or a Fathom yet tho.. could always try a NWV + Hoto + 3pc Tal's type of setup maybe.

T72on1 likes this.
  4. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Like ~15.87 seconds. Must divide runtimes with (1 + Hork% * 1.111) due to hork being p7 in drops.

@T72on1
    What I noticed is hork does not show all items drop. There may be certain blind spots on a map where items don't always show unless seen from a certain angle. I also did it without walking to the right before, but then I noticed I'm not seeing some runes if they drop on the certain spot. I accidentally revealed Gul rune once there without seeing it drop at all and ever since I rechecked more and noticed on such spot items simply don't always show and will not easily reveal if not stepped on the right. Sometimes they show, sometimes not.

So, such technique is not exactly necessary, but the fact is some drops may be lost in the clutter. Like I said, that Gul rune (and some additional items like rare jewel, other runes) didn't show at all until I stepped on the right. I had no idea they dropped until I did it. Is such blind spot on every map, I don't know. I do know my sorc map has one such spot and my barb had it. It is located on the right most kill spot next to columns on the balcony.

Rings I use are these:
    Code:
    Order Grip
    Ring
    Required Level: 46
    Fingerprint: 0xa692fb67
    Item Level: 85
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +10% Faster Cast Rate
    +115 to Attack Rating
    4% Mana stolen per hit
    5% Life stolen per hit
    Cold Resist +24%
    9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Viper Band
    Ring
    Required Level: 44
    Fingerprint: 0x5f3b1f93
    Item Level: 92
    +114 to Attack Rating
    3% Life stolen per hit
    +3 to Strength
    +11 to Life
    +46 to Mana
    Cold Resist +26%
    Half Freeze Duration

5. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks for the info. Is such sidestepping technique also necessary with for example PitBarb? My guess is it's not, but just to be sure ...

6. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

It's only like 500 or something. I can't quite remember. lower res helps!

edit: 628-638 @Grape

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  7. Gripphon

If a lot of items are on the ground, I would at least teleport to the right side. What happened once is I killed the boss who dropped unique item, but them merc killed nearby creep and suddenly unique item vanished. There were less than 20 items on the ground total, nothing special, but that unique item didn't show even if I stood below the killing spot and drops were listed in the middle of the screen. When I moved it suddenly showed. That's the only case of unexplainable invisible drop I've seen. Diablo isn't perfect so there may be certain blind spots where you simply can't help yourself but to miss the drop. Nothing to do about it, there's no point to recheck every drop in the game. I'm sure I missed some drops in my career as did everyone else probably.

Especially on cows. There even God himself can't be sure all drops are revealed.

8. LongingForDeath

LongingForDeath IncGamers Member

I have a total of 14% life leech. 6% from Arreat's, and another 8% from these two rings:
    Code:
    Viper Grip
    Ring
    Required Level: 68
    Fingerprint: 0x836188c
    Item Level: 92
    +81 to Attack Rating
    4% Mana stolen per hit
    3% Life stolen per hit
    +1 to Strength
    +13 to Life
    Fire Resist +26%
    Damage Reduced by 1

Havoc Loop
    Ring
    Required Level: 35
    Fingerprint: 0x13d0fb44
    Item Level: 85
    +10% Faster Cast Rate
    +95 to Attack Rating
    5% Life stolen per hit
    +1 to Dexterity
    Lightning Resist +20% 

Life after BO: 2223
    Resists: 50/24/75/24 (I am using 1.07 LoH, though)

9. Gripphon

Check this video guys. I assure you there is rune in there. Watch and believe me. Wait for it. Just wait.

I did few runs to show this invisible drop and blind spot. This is another spot on the map where drops sometimes don't show. I've seen it in a flash during hork (so it DID appear on a split second on the screen), however only way to actually reveal it is to go bananas.

In short, even blizzard sorc can miss drops, but this problem is much more evident with barb.

10. Gripphon

And one more, this time on a different spot. It was also revealed only briefly before vanishing... This time it's a massive drop! Which would have never been found without dirty tricks and Gollum.

Bottom line is check where your map has blind spots and how to see the drops. You can literally drop rune on different spots across few runs to check where your blind spots are and how to reveal them. And this is why I stopped playing barb. He is great, but way too many ghost drops which can be missed if one misses flash.

pharphis, T72on1 and ffs like this.
  11. Luhkoh

Luhkoh IncGamers Member

@Gripphon crazy stuff. And informative posts. I hate that the item display is like that. It should literally fill the screen with text before not displaying an item that's on screen. I don't think there are hardly any blind spots when all councils are inside room, but might just be that mine are not nicely clustered.

sir_cyclops likes this.
  12. TheGuardianXXXIII

I always do, because more than once i've found things (runes & uniques) that i didn't see on the initial drop, and i have this anxious fear of missing a gg drop lol. Especially in pits where the hork clutter can really add up. I always hork with show items key held down too.

13. TheGuardianXXXIII

@Gripphon - did you recently post showing various blizz sorc builds? I think there were 4 setups... i can't seem to find it. I've been skimming through this thread, the RFL round 1, and using the search function, but i cannot find it. Maybe it was someone else?? I was wanting to review those setups as i consider respec'ing my meteorb sorc into a blizz sorc.

EDIT

Aha! I finally found it. It was in an old RFL thread:
    https://www.diabloii.net/forums/thr...g-thread-2nd-round.937825/page-6#post-8785451

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  14. ffs

ffs IncGamers Member

@Gripphon I never thought I'd say this, but please next time add music again. ;) Nice demonstration of these cluttering issues. I feel the same re Barb vs Sorc.

Luhkoh likes this.
  15. Vildecor

Vildecor IncGamers Member

Found myself a pretty good map with all the council members except Torc on the left balcony. I've got the merc wearing a Ral's Steelshade and Iron Pelt. I did around 100 practice runs so far. Things started off pretty hairy, being my first time running the council, and I was averaging around 33 seconds between running, picking up items, IDing, and TONS of misclicking. I had a few occasional 21-22 second runs though, which was nice. Near the end I was getting a bit more comfortable and not running through my full rejuv's (one for the merc each run almost!) and managed to get my average time down to near 25 seconds. Managed an Ist, Ohm, 2 plain Graverobber skillers, and a few uniques.

My sorceress is at level 87 now and is much better geared than my untwinked Javazon was for the first round:

Code:
    Nightwing's Veil (-5/+3 cold facet)
    Vipermagi
    HoTo/Spirit
    CtA/Spirit switch
    rare ammy +1/mana/lit res/MF
    Snowclash
    Trang gloves
    Silkweave
    SoJ
    Dwarf Star

I plan on doing runs each night for practice until the Friday start date. Maybe I'll get lucky and nab a Ber rune to replace Vipermagi with CoH.

16. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

@Vildecor Ist and Ohm, definitely a good start of the test runs ;).

@TheGuardianXXXIII Thanks for that link. I read that comparison of Blizz Sorc setups at the time, but it surely was good to read it again.

Btw, as for boots, I actually like Hotspurs for 90% fire res. Although I might be overdoing the fire res thing a bit too much.

@ffs The more I think about it, the more I agree with you. To be clear: I'm talking about the Sorc vs Barb clutter issue, and hence going for Sorc in the end for my Travincal runs. I 100% don't agree with you about adding music again ;).

2 more days people. Time to start building up the hype !!! I probably won't have time for more practice runs, but I should have time for some 3 hours of Travincal on Friday afternoon !!

Edit: o yes, we need predictions again. Let's go !

1. one of the 1.07 people; if I have to choose someone, it's @Grape
    2. @NanoMist : we all know he's going to win the tournament again, he'll make a start with it by getting second place in this round
    3. @LongingForDeath I'll keep voting for him until he ends in the top 3 ;); seriously though, he's definitely a possible outsider for top 3 here

17. Babyhell

Babyhell IncGamers Member

@T72on1 you're right, it's about time to set up own details and crowd hype !

I will, like for the first round, start at 0:00. In France. So if you want to launch the competition round with me, you're welcome :mad:

Sadly I'll get hard time to complete two sets this time, going on holidays for 4 days, but if i can, sure i will, want to make it in top 10 this time, will throw the mf away and get rune focused only !

GL on the start line, and you stay behind ! :p

18. CaseyJones

CaseyJones IncGamers Member

Hype hype! My goals, first make it through Act 3 hell ;) Then find at least one qualifying rune.

Have to keep the goals realistic here. Untwinked and still questing up. Just hit act 2 NM so going to get a late start on the round.

19. Gripphon

I finalized my build. What I changed is boots into rares with 24MF and some resists and Fathom is with Ist, not facet. Total of 430 MF and quite safe character. I'll pick up all rare rings, all jewels, all unique jewelry and useful unique items. Runtimes will be between 17 and 18 seconds which is less relevant than the fact this sorc is supposed to find good amount of facets, although I was never lucky with number of those.

20. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Now that the cow round is over I can find a zod (but from a random rather than council)

zemaj and sir_cyclops like this.