2019 Spring RFL Sign-up and Running Thread: 2nd Round

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon @ffs So what would a Barb run in AT? Is concentrate the most viable? or would zerker with a few conc points for the mummies or some of the dual wielding builds work just as well?

So far I've found AT more fun than the pits so getting my Barb going there would feel more interesting than getting stuck in the pits (once I've found the last runes for enigma that is). I've only run Blizzard in the AT though, did run a bunch of others through the pit, but never really connected with the area.
Or Singer Barb? But iirc it's Concentrate Barb Gripphon is talking about. Too lazy to search for it right now though.

Edit: nvm :oops:

Last edited:

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 Singer won't work in the Tunnels because he relies on the physical damage of his mercenary and two of the monster types there have a 3/13 chance of spawning PI. EDIT: Those two can't select Multi Shot so it's actually 1/4=3/12. Even worse.

The only reason Conc works is that you can use Azurewrath to ignore those immunities and even then you still need a grief in the main hand for the actual damage output.

If people could just bother to take tens of hours out of their day to count minion kills we could just declare Blizzard Sorc the queen of MF :D (Seriously, there has to be an easier way of doing this...)

Last edited:

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I felt like owlie's mf efficiency spreadsheet showed fairly conclusively that blizz sorc is the greater AT runner, at least with the best times runners have achieved right now. I know blizzy is pretty optimized and gripp thinks conc barb could be improved a lot.

@T72on1 Do you mean the ut99er challenge?

Last edited:

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know by how much can he be improved. Best AT reported result is still conc. barb played on not too super great map. He may outperform Pit singers, but not Pit zerkers. Something to be explored for the future.

More about my approach to it here. I think this can be improved by some margin for sure.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds like a great opportunity to test the barb then. I didn't put much time into exploring him, it was pretty much only test drive to see what can he do. Didn't touch him ever since either. MFO seems like a good opportunity to actually roll a proper map and play him a bit longer. Difference compared to Pit barb is this one probably needs to switch first and then Howl, not Howl and switch like Pitbarb does due to aura activating timer from Azur. This wasn't done last time like that, I still played him like Pitbarb.

Can he challenge Pitbarb? I did think a bit about it. I really don't believe he could. He would need to clear 6 bosses in 37 seconds due to lower MF breakpoint and I don't believe that is possible. Maybe on some super mad small map, but even then monsters are a bit tough for that. We won't know for sure unless we test it more properly than it was till now. All ideas are welcome. Now I maxed Howl which might be stupid in the end. Hopefully more people are open for testing him so we truly explore what he is capable of.

I'm actually more interested to know how can he perform on a longer run. Pitbarbs have too much freedom of having great bosspack count on their 50 runs than AT barb could on 100. Maybe on a longer running can he actually come closer to Pitbarbs. "Real" pitbarb efficiency is ~4.47 s/bosspack or something like that in tournament environment. If AT one can hit 4.6 that would be something for sure.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I felt like owlie's mf efficiency spreadsheet showed fairly conclusively that blizz sorc is the greater AT runner, at least with the best times runners have achieved right now. I know blizzy is pretty optimized and gripp thinks conc barb could be improved a lot.

@T72on1 Do you mean the ut99er challenge?
Doh yes of course :oops:. Been too fast there. Thanks to point that out to me.

I finished my set. Last stretch yesterday and today was really good when it comes to non qualifiers: SoJ, second Metalgrid, -5/+5 fire facet and Lenymo Sash.

Looking forward to the results. Thanks for hosting Grape. And good luck to those still running !!!

Last edited:

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
It was a struggle but finished my only set
Decided to go with a barb after initial testing with a Sorc without a CTA. I did not want to reroll the maps I had until I had finished with them. Which I had to build from scratch and level

Map was not optimal and neither was the gear, decent enough though. I just pushed through

All of the hints and videos posted were good at highlighting areas of improvement with runners and tips thanks for those

I will give a full update the results thread

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
Doh yes of course :oops:. Been too fast there. Thanks to point that out to me.

I finished my set. Last stretch yesterday and today was really good when it comes to non qualifiers: SoJ, second Metalgrid, -5/+5 fire facet and Lenymo Sash.

Looking forward to the results. Thanks for hosting Grape. And good luck to those still running !!!
Multiple SoJ dropped, lucky guys! My luck was more on facets at start, then luck vanished more or less on second set, I guess that's how balance work on the long run.

But I can't say i'm not happy with rune drops, I will probably *censored*, can't wait for the results too!

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Still running for a few more hours. Won't be able to reach the full 20 hours actual run time, but I've spent about 25 hours total, counting muling and shopping for crafting bases. 1.07 has so many items to file under "supplies", you usually get several each run. Hence a LOT of muling, since crafting bases need to be in town.

Also, I get a lot of stuff like this: Looks like someone is muling twinking gear in my game.
Screenshot117.jpg

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
Results sent this morning, I think. I’m pretty sure that I didn’t dream doing that... Not sure that I will be involved in round 3, we shall see.

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
I ran a bit more today and am now slightly over 14 hours into the second set. Don't think I'll get more done.

I died exactly twice in 34 hours of playing and the second time was one of my last runs. It was CE+LE+Conv combo I'm pretty sure. I basically couldn't react to it at all. So instead of doing more runs I tried to find out how likely that combo is in Travincal and after a few hours (seriously...) I got the answer: 1 in 36 or 2,78% (for comparison: the chance of any CE+LE combo is roughly 1 in 4,7 or 21%)

This was quite nervewrecking because I made mistakes a few times and didn't notice until the end :confused: (luckily negative percentages are a good indicator for mistakes :D)

peytron

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I'm at the halfway point, but haven't had game time in days. Going to try to grind it out to midnight. On the plus side I won't have to bother with the timer!

TheGuardianXXXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
@Grape - I forgot to count and submit my score before i left on a 7 day trip. I'm assuming i need to forfeit this round? I wont have a way to submit until i get back next wednesday

peytron

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I'm at the halfway point, but haven't had game time in days. Going to try to grind it out to midnight. On the plus side I won't have to bother with the timer!
Was hoping for a buzzer beater, but at least I found my first SP Unique Phase Blade.
Screenshot152.jpg

zemaj

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I only got in 19h in the end... feels like so much more. No PM sent, as I didn't have a single qualifier drop. This 1.07 thing, it is sorely testing my patience...