2019 Spring RFL Sign-up and Running Thread: 2nd Round

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Second set finished. I ran shortly with barb and rest with sorc.

Fullclear p3 runs done based on xp: 4102
Small charms: 435
Magic jewels: 404
Rare jewels: 77
Rare rings: 302
Unique rings: 42
Unique amulets: 18
Facets: 10
Rare Tiaras/Coronets: 8

I'm pretty sure jewels are above average in quantity, other stuff seems "normal". I focused more on picking stuff up instead on fullspeed and I think it's more profitable to do so. Quantity of farmed things is way higher than on other sets I had in the past because of this. Also, discovery of 200 fcr made me faster allowing me to do this kind of farming. Now to check what actually dropped.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice, Grip!

Hope you got something amazing! Pretty sure there's many regular goodies, so to say, included

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't expect to finish the set. I was going to try and almost finish it during the Liverpool game tonight, but I will be working instead. I think I will finish on around 17 hours total... I have 5 qualifiers though^^

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Jewels are a big disappointment. I don't think I'll pick them anymore, they are simply too bad with too low chance to actually be good.

Emerald Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xc5498e19
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+20 to Life
Poison Resist +10%

Iron Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xdd227bf7
Unidentified
+21 to Attack Rating
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Jade Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xe45f83fa
Unidentified
+19 to Life
Poison Resist +8%

Toxic Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x3521b75
Unidentified
Adds 100 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Tin Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x73c1583c
Unidentified
+15 to Maximum Damage
+39 to Attack Rating

Realgar Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x3cbafe89
Unidentified
+15% Increased Attack Speed
29% Enhanced Damage

Viper Eye
Jewel
Required Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0xd049dc95
Unidentified
+39% Damage to Demons
+28 to Attack Rating against Demons
+6 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +7%
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Blood Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0xd10d0f69
Unidentified
+115 to Attack Rating
4% Mana stolen per hit
5% Life stolen per hit
+16 to Life
All Resistances +10
Fire Resist +30%

Blood Finger
Ring
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x1e6652e7
Unidentified
+10% Faster Cast Rate
4% Life stolen per hit
+19 to Strength
+4 to Mana
Cold Resist +30%
Fire Resist +8%

Stone Gyre
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x4a90aa37
Unidentified
+67 to Attack Rating
+9 to Energy
+11 to Life
+65 to Mana
Lightning Resist +17%
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Corruption Master
Ring
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x1f56bb82
Unidentified
7% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Strength
Lightning Resist +5%
Poison Resist +16%
14% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Plague Master
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x88744268
Unidentified
14% Chance to cast level 5 Nova when struck
+15 to Strength
All Resistances +11
Fire Resist +18%
Poison Resist +30%

Entropy Finger
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x10a89d60
Unidentified
+113 to Attack Rating
+14 to Dexterity
+38 to Life
All Resistances +5
Fire Resist +20%

Wisp Projector
Ring
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x278c1a41
Unidentified
10% Chance to cast level 16 Lightning on striking
Lightning Absorb 19%
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (9/11 Charges)
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (11/13 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (4/15 Charges)

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x311c1c3e
Unidentified
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

Apart from that small charm, I don't really have usage for other items /rich guy problems

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I must have made a mistake keeping track of my total time, because I'm at exactly 23s avg run times and it seems I won't reach 3000 runs in total. Better check my notes again.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I've decided not to test CS sorc at all. From some initial runs I concluded she can't get anywhere close to 200 creeps per minute so I don't really see the point. I think AS is simply superior area for rune farming excluding Zod.

sir_cyclops

Diabloii.Net Member
I've decided not to test CS sorc at all. From some initial runs I concluded she can't get anywhere close to 200 creeps per minute so I don't really see the point. I think AS is simply superior area for rune farming excluding Zod.
When the AS breakthrough happened, were any other areas brought up or considered?

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
When the AS breakthrough happened, were any other areas brought up or considered?
You should read through the 2018 thread its really fun stuff! I know flayer dungeon was discussed, but nobody found it to be very good. Here's all the areas with ghost type monsters in the game:
tower cellar 1-5
tal rasha's tomb
tal rasha's chamber
great marsh
swampy pit 1-3
arcane sanctuary
wsk 2-3
throne of destruction
plains of despair
flayer dungeon 1-3
outer steppes
frozen river
drifter cavern
icy cellar
frozen river
crystalline passage
halls of vaught
chaos sanctuary
city of the damned
river of flame
abaddon
glacial trail
I can't imagine any being as good as arcane, but who knows. And there may be nothing there, but I'd love to see something like drifter cavern tested more for combine rf+mf. Since its alvl 84, bosses can drop every item but champs cant. And then it has wraith-type monsters that can spawn for potentially nice rf potential, and it's a smallish area. But is very dangerous ofc.

Last edited:

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
@Luhkoh The Drifter Cavern stands out to me because in contrast to the Icy Cellar it doesn't spawn Dolls and Gloams.

Really, why haven't people run this before?
It seems like you get 1 champion pack outside and up to 9 packs inside (the one outside can drop Griffon's). It would be insane to not run it just because you have slightly lower chances to get a piece of armor you would never use anyway...

Again a potentially nice target for a fire character. Only one monster is always immune and you wouldn't telestomp a Frenzytaur anyway :D

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@art_vandelay I dug up some discussion on it in the forum at some point, but not sure where. I'm not the first to think of it by any means, but iirc people didn't seem to like it mostly because its hard and the monsters are nasty and have high health. But in our current 1.13+ age of extremely powerful characters, I'd love for some people to see what it's capable of efficiency-wise.

Here are videos of two streamers running it that i had bookmarked. Link 1 Link 2

Edit: I see i got mixed up. Drifter only has 1 type of wraith type monsters that can spawn. The areas with 2 wraith types are plains of despair, frozen river, icy cellar, and wsk 3. But all those include gloams ofc, but with tgods i think the gloams could be a positive.

Last edited:

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
@helvete According to the basin wiki the game doesn't differentiate between guest monsters and regular spawns. In those areas it picks one ranged monster first and then picks two from the remaining monsters (Only 1 in Bloody Foothills). This should favor gloams a lot.

@Luhkoh The map in the first video :confused:

Anyway even with what I wrote above the Wraith type monsters are not very likely and even if they spawn you could not get enough spawns or they could float over water or just disperse completely like with gloams.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Not that I've seen. There are several areas with potential, but nothing to our knowledge that can challenge the regular Pit/CS areas. Most important factor for area is to have regular ghost spawns if runes are considered. Drifter Cavern does not have anything for certain from spawns which is the biggest downside to it.

As for MF targets, many can be ran. No one ran RoF or CS for MF either. We still didn't explore the possibilities of many areas, even AT. Only two players in SPF history actually played the best AT build - barb. Everyone plays sorc there while barbs are still unexplored. And it's super popular area too.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah maybe people run AT Sorc because they want to run Sorc (rather than AT specifically). If a player wants to play Barb, I guess he might as well go Pit Barb, because so far that seems easier and better in most scenarios. If Conc in AT suddenly outperforms Pit Zerker, probably that would spike interest quite a bit!

As for R3, all my testing was for nothing – decided to run AS Java with exactly the same setup as last year. ;) Busy week, likely will spend any D2 time on untwinked 99er Pally. Currently rushing to Hell LK... if he somehow manages to get Enigma before RFL finishes he may get a few minutes in R3 as well. :p

zemaj

Diabloii.Net Member
I think WSK2+3 runs could possibly be best overall for RF/MF combo runs. Gloams, Wraiths, and Storm Casters can all spawn there, so depending on how guest mobs roll, the chances of runes/jewelry dropping are possibly highest chances per unit density to be found. Also, FWIW, Defilers are supposed to have really good chances to drop runes/jewelry as well, but I'm not sure I have ever had one drop anything good. That it is also alvl85 makes it good target for mf.

Biggest drawback is that it is really hinging on guest mobs to get that density of ghost/spectre/willowisp to anything like CS or AS, so not every run will be 'good'. I had once hoped to roll a map that would consistantly have such spawns, but guest monster spawns isn't tied to mapseed that way, so yeah...

Quinneczech

Diabloii.Net Member
For round 3, I will definitely run Baal. I have dropped a Lo there, couple of years ago, so that means a huge success in that 20 hour batch :)

Bobbo

Diabloii.Net Member
Only two players in SPF history actually played the best AT build - barb. Everyone plays sorc there while barbs are still unexplored. And it's super popular area too.
If Conc in AT suddenly outperforms Pit Zerker, probably that would spike interest quite a bit!
@Gripphon @ffs So what would a Barb run in AT? Is concentrate the most viable? or would zerker with a few conc points for the mummies or some of the dual wielding builds work just as well?

So far I've found AT more fun than the pits so getting my Barb going there would feel more interesting than getting stuck in the pits (once I've found the last runes for enigma that is). I've only run Blizzard in the AT though, did run a bunch of others through the pit, but never really connected with the area.