2019 Spring RFL Sign-up and Running Thread: 2nd Round

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Difference between MF and balanced setup: my runtimes with balanced one was 17.3 s on RFL 2017. Average with MF one first set now was ~17.6 s. So, difference seems to be 0.3 s. Or at least in my case, I can't guarantee that for someone difference would really be 2-3 seconds :)
On your OP map I believe it :D but you're the only one with that.. On other maps the difference is certainly bigger than 0.3s when lowering damage a lot with heavy MF focus..

farming facets
farming 30 MF Nagel
farming [email protected] Mara's
farming Wisp of better roll
farming eth Titan's
farming eth Steelshade
farming [email protected] Vipermagi
farming eth Reaper's
farming good Ormu's
Those are good items of course, but the only thing on that list that I would target specifically (with loading up on MF) are facets.

EDIT: As you said, it depends on how many of those items you have of course. May be more important to others.

Last edited:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@Babyhell Two things immediately stand out from the video: you walk some parts where you can use tk, like to the WP in town, and the last part back to the WP in Travincal. And the map isn't good, they need to be closer to each other.

@ffs Wow that eth Reaper's has near perfect ED% !!

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 Hehe, yeah... I saw Gripp's edit later so edited my post. Unfortunately the better ED one has longer cold duration than the lower ED one, currently I'm using that one. :rolleyes:

Code:
The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 54 - 637
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 107
Required Dexterity: 81
Fingerprint: 0xf37e4d29
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed
202% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (28 Frames)
11% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25% Ethereal
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune

Shael Rune
Required Level: 29
Weapons: +20% Increased Attack Speed Armor: +20% Faster Hit Recovery Shields: +20% Faster Block Rate

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 60 - 708
Durability: 49 of 65
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 107
Required Dexterity: 81
Fingerprint: 0x78e21c4b
Item Level: 87
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
236% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (35 Frames)
12% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25% Ethereal

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
@Babyhell
Main issue for your safety is the bad map. Minions should be more closer together. There is no way to run safely on your map. I wondered why do you get mana burned so often, so that's the reason. Better map and most issues will be gone immediately.

@art_vandelay
Mainly yes, you need two for good running.

Anyway I'm using 200 fcr sorc for Travincal now with best results so far. Not sharing the equipment etc, my secret :D

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon Thanks.

As for your 200fcr. Unless you use 1.07 Valk Wing you can't use DFathom on her and Valk doesn't really give anything besides the fcr, so I assume your setup is this:

25 Griffon's
20 Ormus
35 Spirit
20 Arach
20 Trang's (for CR)
40 HotO
20 Craft Amulet
2x10 FCR rings

This assumes that you would rather wear a helm named after yourself than switch HotO for Wizard/Suicide

What's the prize for a correct guess? :D

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
LOL @Gripphon is like "you guys should do 30 second runs farming Nagelrings. I do 15 second runs and win – OK?"

@Babyhell Just watched your vid. Don't. Do. Another. Run. On. That. Map. ;) Couple of further points I noticed that would also apply to a better map:
  • Why do you walk so much (e.g. around the waypoint)? Only walk to pick up things, teleport otherwise.
  • As mentioned before, you can use Telekinesis to hit the waypoint both in town and when going back.
  • You can press "H" instead of clicking on "Hell" when entering the game.
  • To make the most of Hellmouth, it's best not to have 75 FR. It gives you better healing around 40-50 FR.

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 Then he would have no +% CSD except possibly for facets. SoJ can't really make up for that... maybe BKWB? Or SotV + 2/20 Circlet with two facets :D

@ffs Might be that his luck evens out after those early RFO wins! (especially the one where he is called 'our new croation overlord' in the results thread :D)

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Ups, busted!

Gear is this:
Griffon's with cold facet
Ormus Blizzard
Wizardspike facet
Spirit
2/10 amulet
Arach
Trang gloves
War Travelers
10 fcr rings
Gheed etc, 7 cold skillers

Total of 8k damage, 171 MF

She is capable of clearing Travincal in less than 17s while picking stuff up normally. I think full damage sorc is capable of doing it too though. Griffon's because I like it more than 20 fcr circlet which does offer extra skill, but weaker Static and this allows 10 fcr amulet to be used and not some 15 fcr variation. Enthusiasts can go for 3/20/2 circlet for 9k damage total

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon @T72on1 @ffs

Ok, thx guys, I wouldn't think map was that bad, and to be complete Toorc is with the other ones quite often, ismael (? iirc) often cold immune too.

So i'll go with barb to the end of the set (targeting that one rune lacking for qualifier grail !), i'd better roll a LK map for sorc :)

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Tested 200 fcr sorc across 1 hour of running. Average fullclear runtime is 17.11s which means, assuming sorc does skip some minions here and there (every 10 runs?), results in sub 17s real runtime average. Comparing with other sorc variants I tested this is slightly faster and can be even faster if player doesn't pay too much attention on picking stuff. With same method of running like I did in 2017 this would be like 16.5-16.7 s running.

I assume reasons are:
1. I do 10 teleports total with sorc, so 10/25 seconds saved there
2. Sorc arrives faster at location and, from what I've seen, minions don't spread around so much since they have less time to react compared to 105 fcr sorc. This results in minions staying together more and taking more damage
3. Spamming of skills is 1 frame faster which does lead to faster killing in the end, especially while Blasting

I didn't test fulldamage variant sorc to see can she do this as well or not. I think this one is easier on mana and is actually safer runner. For more safety player can use Vipermagi and replace fcr ring with Wisp, that sorc might be lower on damage, but super safe and still very fast runner. Maybe this also depends on the map.

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
The council must be very desperate if they have to resort to rigging my ring crafts to lure me into whirling:

Code:
Dread Spiral
Ring
Required Level: 96
Fingerprint: 0x9fc0f3db
Item Level: 92
+40 to Attack Rating
6% Mana stolen per hit
3% Life stolen per hit
+4 to Strength
+11 to Life
Poison Resist +6%
Half Freeze Duration
The best suffixes that type of ring can get on a craft even.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, thx guys, I wouldn't think map was that bad
You did see how people discussed maps for 21 pages here right? ;)
So i'll go with barb to the end of the set (targeting that one rune lacking for qualifier grail !)
You did see rule no. 6 in the first post right? :p

@Gripphon 200 FCR Sorc sounds fun, wouldn't have thought it could be faster. 200 FCR setups tend to lose out on more damage than the extra frame gives you back, and with Blizzard being a cast delay spell I wouldn't have thought about it in the first place. Gotta try that some time!

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I have the first result already and some people are well on their second set! Good job people.

Better hurry myself.

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
You did see rule no. 6 in the first post right? :p
Yes, and as i'm one set + 5 qualifiers, not telling that I still lack Pul (oops !), you'll get hard time to know what is my score on each set. And if you're not trolling, then you'd have to believe i'm telling truth all the time on top of that. I'm happy you do, much appreciated :p

In the end, i'll be crafting Zods at least twice !
If I find enough Chams/Jah to do so...

Note: well or i'll have to check if I uploaded the first set results...maybe I did and let it public, but I don't remember doing so oO

Last edited:

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
@helvete you're also now added to the first post as a participant - either you forgot to sign-up or someone took your name off at some point by accident.

Good to have one more 1.07 for this round.

I'm going to predict one of us takes this round also. Might be WoRG, maybe phar! Also Grip seems to be on fire but 5xChams won't help! :p

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon 200 FCR Sorc sounds fun, wouldn't have thought it could be faster. 200 FCR setups tend to lose out on more damage than the extra frame gives you back, and with Blizzard being a cast delay spell I wouldn't have thought about it in the first place. Gotta try that some time!
I could recommend, it is pretty much like going from 105 to 200 fcr for LK running. Feels much smoother and faster. I'm interested to hear would others also feel she is better than 105 fcr variants.

It is one of those things where player must break unwritten rule. Fathom is made for cold sorc, therefore it must be used if player has one. Or, like on cows Phoenix mustn't be used on primary since it can destroy corpses. I think we must challenge the most common knowledge to actually find improvements. I'm playing travsorc for 5 years and now for the first time I actually considered trying 200 fcr on her. Just because it required to remove perfect Fathom with a perfect facet from her. No other intelligent reason.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
True dat. I'm just wondering whether it's worth losing out on DPS, at least on a non-perfect map. Because even for Nova builds (with much stronger correlation between DPS and FCR) I always went back to 105 after trying 200 for a while, in the end it just wasn't better. But 200 FCR is always fun, and this is definitely added to the growing "have to try after RFL" list :) curious how it does in my case.

Have you tried whether you can do sub-16 with her as well when picking less? That would also be an interesting indicator.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Not really because it isn't practical. Even sub 17 is already a bit pushing it. Only indicator I have is this is the only sorc ever with who I managed to stay sub 17 while picking stuff, even if for only an hour. Second best attempt is 17.3 s from 2017 when I played like maniac. All other ended in 17.5+ area. Should be tested by other people as well though, maybe my map is just too special.

EDIT

I checked how it stands now after playing with sorc for over 2 hours. It seems fullclear runs with her are ~17.18 s which means real runtime is around 17-17.05 s, although I pick almost everything that drops. With less picks of course it's possible to be sub 17 this way. Still, I'm not sure I can beat 17.3 with 105 fcr variant, that would be a challenge.