Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0xf13112ed
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+7 to Maximum Damage
+35% Damage to Demons
+32 to Attack Rating against Demons
Lightning Resist +25%
Not recommended for use for anything other than weapon. Max damage + percentage damage causes issues.

One thread on the topic is here.

EatSleepDiablov2

Diabloii.Net Member
From Fabian:

"Helm: Some sort of insane rare Ciclet (especially with Teleport charges) is always possible I suppose, but Arreat's Face is really tough to beat. Note that Arreat's has Life Leech, which solves the first of the three must-haves, at least with a good roll. Then again, more life leech can only help with safety, so if you can find more on your gear, all the better. I have mine socketed with a rare Jewel with the Diamond affix (+ED and AR against Demons), and some other helpful stuff. Damage, regular ED, stats, resists, it's all good. Do note that the bug with %ED and +damage in a jewel socketed in a non-weapon does NOT exist when that %ED comes in the Diamond or Pearl prefix. Ragnarod tested this for me (thanks!), and these jewels work as they should."

In short, maybe not...

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Just ran with Barb for about 2 hours and I quite like it by now. Fun in running Travincal is back – started a timer for a second set. ;) Let's see if I'll be able to finish.

Not having played Trav Barb a lot, I'm beginning to figure out how to WW so that council members stay in place. Similar to landing location, seems choosing good WW patterns is just as important in making Council members stick together (on a non-Gripp map at least).

Though I must say this is probably the first tournament/farming build where I feel it would do a lot better if I was time-travelling (1.07 charms).

I'm using Half Freeze Duration mod on ring to unfreeze barb when horking in case Toorc is physical immune. Once barb is unfrozen I zerk him down fast.
Awesome tweak. My setup was pretty much exactly same as yours except for this, but Toorc rolls PI really often and my run times suffered a lot from that. Was a big improvement when I copied this (and after realizing that I also need good CR in order to get the timing right :rolleyes:).

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
First set over, just recorded the disclosure intro. Well, this first set has been a lot of fun, drops and qualifiers - beaten my Cow's maximum number of rune dropped:
No no no no no no no...

The last non-qualifiers are...*drumrolls*
Three grailers, a facet and a lifer

BabyBaba ended his set after hitting lvl 92, nice progress ! Next one will be for BabySorc, hopefully she will go higher as the runs will be much quicker - maybe 92 1/2 ?

Hutton

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm using Half Freeze Duration mod on ring to unfreeze barb when horking in case Toorc is physical immune. Once barb is unfrozen I zerk him down fast. CBF is possible, although having barb frozen is beneficial for better whirling.
Awesome tweak. My setup was pretty much exactly same as yours except for this, but Toorc rolls PI really often and my run times suffered a lot from that. Was a big improvement when I copied this (and after realizing that I also need good CR in order to get the timing right :rolleyes:).
Interesting- so this ring should pair quite nicely with my new amulet then? :D

Screenshot001.jpg

TheGuardianXXXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
First set over, just recorded the disclosure intro. Well, this first set has been a lot of fun, drops and qualifiers - beaten my Cow's maximum number of rune dropped:
No no no no no no no...

The last non-qualifiers are...*drumrolls*
Three grailers, a facet and a lifer

BabyBaba ended his set after hitting lvl 92, nice progress ! Next one will be for BabySorc, hopefully she will go higher as the runs will be much quicker - maybe 92 1/2 ?
Nice! I'm still hunting for that TC leather armor. One of my elusive grailers.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
You are the first player who sees some value in it. But yes, maxed CR is needed and then it takes like 4 or 5 seconds for cold effect to wear off. Also make sure to check for all blind spots for drops, where to perform walk technique of checking drops and so on.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Well... I completed almost all my lego sets, about 25 of them, and ordered missing pieces. Just need printer ink now, for printing long lost instructions. Daughter just turned four, and is building space ships from her own kids legos now, while being genuinely impressed by daddy's "real" legos. Big improvement in daddys eyes.

...but this has drawn attention away from 1.07 Diablo and Travincal. Just now starting where I left off last post. 1.07 is stingy, but there's beer.

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
First hour done with sorc. Well i'm not nearly as safe than with barb obviously, lost map in the middle and had to fish again for a balcony one.

One death also and a lot of NDE, and that sucks ! Been mana burnt more than a couple of time while teleporting next to the pack, and often complete the run with low mana - first map had a mana shrine quite often, new one doesn't...

Everything seems to go the wrong way, or maybe I just have to forget about being a barb and jump in the middle... two qualifiers still, even if start is not as good as the first set.

Dropwise, some set items of no interest, and a souldrainer gloves. Well it's only an hour afterall, I'm so used to play at least the double before reporting !

See you on next update !

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@Hutton Yes, though for my setup (2x Hoto) I needed FCR as well. I felt that having one decent dual leech ring is sufficient, so I looked for CR + AR + mana on the other one. Using these at the moment:

Code:
Bone Turn
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x51427a34
Item Level: 86
+104 to Attack Rating
6% Mana stolen per hit
6% Life stolen per hit
+20 to Strength
+8 to Mana
Cold Resist +25%
Code:
Bone Spiral
Ring
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0xb997d273
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+56 to Attack Rating
+49 to Mana
Cold Resist +28%
Damage Reduced by 2
Half Freeze Duration

I used a token respec to streamline him a little. Now at ~3k life and ~310 Strength. Most importantly, I got rid of Increased Speed which was counterproductive to whirling. Overall setup and build is this now:
Code:
Arreat (22 ED, 33 Demon ED/AR rare jewel)
Enigma MP
2x Grief PB (393/383)
2x Hoto switch
HLW
LoH
Ring 1: 6 LL/6 ML/104 AR/20 Str/25 CR/8 mana
Ring 2: 10 FCR/56 AR/49 Mana/HFD/28 CR
Arach
WT

Merc (Might): Reaper, Kira/GA with @/FR socketed

Inventory: Gheed's, 1x WC/Str skiller, 6x Sharp GCs, 2x shimmering SCs, 2x fine SCs

(178 MF total)

Build: 20 WW, 20 BO, 20 FI, 20 SM, 1 Natural Resistance, pre-reqs.
Rest into Berserk.
I do want to try the axe route as well, haven't done so yet. Not only Grief/Beast BAs, but also Grief/Grief BAs – I guess if I'm not going mad from repairing BAs, this could be worthwhile for the higher weapon range. Kind of low on Lo runes though, so for now I'm going to hold off in hopes of farming some with him. :)

@Gripphon Yeah I followed your other nice tip in just dropping a rune in several places and see where it vanishes and where it is rediscovered. Walking around the entrance on bottom/right did the the trick for the blind spots I've seen.

As to those ghost drops you demonstrated earlier in this thread: Nothing to do about it, but I don't care much to be honest. I trust the extremely low chances of missing a (good) qualifier this way. ;) In general that's my approach to Barb play, so far at least. You're easily tempted to spend time checking drops with this build, but of course it must be resisted. Good thing is that nothing can drop in Travincal which is so valuable it must be picked up at all costs. To me personally, worst case is losing out on life skillers or rare rings, but chances of good ones are super low. So for example when a ring or GC drops and vanishes, I go back to WP instead of spending 5-10 seconds to pick it up.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs
I'm using 1.07 eth ATMA-bugged Griefs with indestructible mod (made with Death rw), but don't know is that kind of cheese to your liking. Axes are definitely stronger and range does matter in this game. But it's totally not worth to repair them or so I feel. If not ATMA-bugged then PB Griefs ftw.

@Babyhell
Just do what people have shown on the video, max your lightning resist and as addition Wisp Projector and Hellmouth gloves can be used and sorc will be very safe with rare cases of going into trouble when they have Conviction aura in which case you can just move slightly away to be out of danger.

@helvete
Jo runes incoming! With 40 max damage charms.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
range does matter in this game
I prefer the gender-neutral "name of your sex tape" nowadays, but I'm going with the classic "that's what she said" on this one.

I'm using 1.07 eth ATMA-bugged Griefs with indestructible mod (made with Death rw), but don't know is that kind of cheese to your liking.
Nope, RWM and GoMule only here. :) (I might play earlier patches at some point but not even sure about forwarding drops from there.)

Been a long time since I've used melee weapons that needed repairing so I don't have a feeling for how annoying it is. But indeed most likely I'll stick to the above setup and build.

Gynli

Diabloii.Net Member
I've played Lance ww barb in Classic not to long ago, and wow, 25-dura lance breaks in like 3 whirls. lol
It'll never be that bad in Expansion, but I know I'd definitely stick to Indestructable even at the cost of a bit of damage.

And regarding my assassin joining this round... NOPE. I did what I could do and spammed D2 for the week; but have not been able to gear up my assassin enough to take on /p1 Trav safely. I estimated that I'll need about 2 weeks to finish up a full 20-hr set, so i'll be sitting out for this one.

See you all in round 3 with my bowa. Good luck to everyone still going at it! :D

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
Finally done! :)

About 2,6s over 20h, precision right here! I noticed my average time going down pretty much every run for at least the last 300 runs. So I calculated my average over smaller streches from various recorded values (avg+#runs). The result is that even though my timer says 27,028s average over 2664 runs the last few hundred runs actually were ~24,8s average. The only thing I changed around the time the runs started getting quicker was using static more often as @Gripphon suggested. So thanks for saving me close to three seconds average time! (Before the change the avg was 27,6s ...)

I also leveled up to 94 very close to the end :) Now I just need to find out what to do with the drops... If I have pictures of every qualifier drop and make a haul pic for this set then I don't need to wait to use the runes (cube, socket, make runewords...), right?

EatSleepDiablov2

Diabloii.Net Member
Done. Aside from a 30 minute stretch where two of my best qualifiers dropped, final score laughable. I really have no choice but to do another set.

Some stats:
1091 runs (66 secs avg with 55% hork; see below)
431 runes (40 Rals; 60 Tals)
8 qualifiers
313 perfect gems (51 Amethysts)

Facets: 2 (both perfect fire)
TC3s: Pluckeye x 2, Greyform, Arctic Furs
Notable unique weapons/armor: Andys, +4 Ariocs, Ormus x 2 (Blaze, Chilling Armor), Reapers, Soul Drainers, Stormshield

Set Amulets: 41 (1 each: Tals, Telling Beads, Arcannas)
Unique Amulets: 6 (1 each Highlords, Rising Sun)
Unique Rings: 13 (Carrion Wind x 2)
Gheeds: 5 (highest was 38 MF)

Charms: 8 Skillers (none with life), two 110+ attack rating with life, 13 resist all

Run times were pretty terrible for two primary reasons:

1) I picked up all flawless gems, runes, coronets/circlets/tiaras, certain uniques, set/rare/unique jewelry (except set rings), small/grand charms, rare boots/gloves/claws/pelts/orbs, blue monarchs, and occasionally rare heads. Anything larger than 1 slot was ID in game, while one slotters went into cube. When cube was filled, I would pause timer and ID.

2) It was only in the last 6+- hours that I really focused on max damage. HUGE difference in run times. In the last 60+- runs, average was less than 58 secs, so I'll add about 150 runs in the second 20 hour set. Typical runs times without ID'ing anything was mid-40 secs.

Notable rares:

Wraith Circle
Ring
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0xcf40ce8a
+101 to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit
+16 to Strength
All Resistances +5
Fire Resist +24%
Damage Reduced by 1

Doom Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xc501fdcc
8% Chance to cast level 3 Chain Lightning on attack
+37 to Attack Rating
8% Life stolen per hit
All Resistances +8
Fire Resist +25%

Eagle Gyre
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x352a5547
8% Life stolen per hit
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +23%
Damage Reduced by 2

Rune Loop
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x2d404473
+5 to Minimum Damage
5% Bonus to Attack Rating
+40 to Attack Rating
7% Life stolen per hit
+9 Maximum Stamina
Fire Resist +5%
+5 to Light Radius

Corruption Finger
Ring
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x56fca133
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+71 to Attack Rating
Adds 50 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Lightning Resist +11%
Fire Resist +30%
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Skull Loop
Ring
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x2d292f5f
5% Chance to cast level 3 Chain Lightning on attack
+10% Faster Cast Rate
5% Bonus to Attack Rating
+39 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +23%
8% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+5 to Light Radius

Loath Nails
War Boots
Defense: 79
Durability: 18 of 24
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 125
Fingerprint: 0xcf52fff0
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+47% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +32%
Fire Resist +39%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Dread Track
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 34
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Level: 52
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x77e1d5c9
+10% Faster Run/Walk
Replenish Life +3
Lightning Resist +18%
Fire Resist +31%
Poison Resist +23%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Rune Blazer
Boneweave Boots
Defense: 78
Durability: 9 of 16
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0x4a0a6e6b
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+16% Enhanced Defense
+4 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +37%
Fire Resist +34%
Half Freeze Duration

Rune Casque
Circlet
Defense: 44
Durability: 29 of 35
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x6558eec9
+2 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)
26% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Minimum Damage
7% Mana stolen per hit
+42% Enhanced Defense
+50 to Life

Results sent.

Last edited:

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Found the time to do another 1.5h session today. This is where I'm at with Barb at the moment:

I miss my ideal landing spot about 20-30% of the time, it's a bit tricky to land so that Decrep hits the whole group and they stick together. I try to zig-zag from top to bottom with WW as they tend to stay in place that way, and I end up where I want to start horking. Couple of times I lost time when my last WW sequence was a little too long, and other times I whirled a bit too far to the right, resulting in council members spreading out.

Other than that, don't think I can do much better. ~30 seconds average in this batch, ~18.5s Sorc equivalent. Already using my highest damage Griefs and Sharp GCs. When everything goes according to plan, runs are around 27 seconds currently, so even if I nail down those things mentioned above it wouldn't make a massive difference. Suggestions welcome! :) Hoping with more practice it will improve a little towards the end of the round.