2019 Spring RFL Sign-up and Running Thread: 2nd Round

TheGuardianXXXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
Besides the Torc double Cham drop
o_O;)
, my qualifiers are looking pretty weak so far. I'm only 6 hours in though, been a bit busier this time around. I have found a lot of really nice non-qualifiers though. Perfect Fire Facet
will trade for Cold facet
, a SoJ, an FCR ring with 68 mana/[email protected], sorc lightning skiller, 18life/FR sc, and a %38ED/+MaxDmg jewel have been my best useful drops. Found a few grailers as well including the pesky Tancred's ammy, which means i don't have to pick up Green amulets anymore. Found another Reapers but unfortunately still not an Eth one.

So far my time has been split evenly between the Sorc and the Necro. For some reason my necro has been struggling more lately and i've been gravitating more towards sorc. Not sure if my telelanding is off, or what, but my merc seems to die easier and take longer to kill than i'm used to, especially on a meager P3 setting. I switched back to Insight to see if that was the difference maker, as getting the first body is so important.. My Insight is a +5 critical strike, so we'll see.

My sorc is map is ~ok~. Torc is split off at the end of the balc while the rest are fairly clumped by the stairs. I usually tele in between them or on the right of the big pack. I'm torn on which i like better. Middle seems riskier but never gets adds. Right of pack will aggro packs of heirophants and vampires which seem to always be a boss pack which can be annoying sometimes.

I still need to get the barb back out and do some 50+ second runs lol.

art_vandelay

Diabloii.Net Member
And here I am picking up and dropping everything one by one, because for some reason I never noticed that 'Pickup From ...' and 'Drop to ...' options :oops:. Oh boy ...
It will change your world. For Crafting it's insane:
  • Put 10 of each ingredient in Clipboard
  • Drop All to Inventory - They will be ordered by type in 4 rows.
  • Pick up 1 column manually and put in cube.
  • Move two items from the column adjacent to the column you put in the cube to make room for cube.
Fastest Crafting experience I could come up with. GoMule is completely unbalanced :D

@sir_cyclops Don't the Lightning Sentries target the wrong Council Members?

Tatterson

Diabloii.Net Member
Any thoughts on Steel shade + whatever armor with capped resists compared to Kiras guardian + guardian angel?

sir_cyclops

Diabloii.Net Member
@Tatterson grip uses eth steelshade with cham and fort. I think this is the best setup. When I tried non-fort setups, fort outperformed even without steelshade. I think it's due to more dmg/defense/res + sorb. The best budget setup is kiras+ga for survivability, but the merc wont do near as much dmg. I dont have cham, so i used ral andys and fort and he stay alive fine. Assassins are good at keeping merc alive though. shadow master tanks some, i tank some, CoS and mindblast are the best crowd control skills in the game as well.

@art_vandelay it's sorta tricky but i position my traps to fire through torc into multiple members and torc is almost never lightning immune so it gets him and does damage to the rest. Honestly death sentry and fireblast along with the merc do the most work. I use fireblast on the handfu of non-fire immune, non unique council members and then death sentries pops their bodies to do most of the damage. I'm glad you and @maxicek are both interested. I'm excited to show her off with a video later.

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@sir_cyclops Thats probably true for infinity users, though the merc will likely take more hydra dmg than with kira+GA. But for non infinity users, kira + ga is usually better for overstacking against conviction.

Edit: and on barb you dont want fort bc of chilling armor.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
It will change your world. For Crafting it's insane:
  • Put 10 of each ingredient in Clipboard
  • Drop All to Inventory - They will be ordered by type in 4 rows.
  • Pick up 1 column manually and put in cube.
  • Move two items from the column adjacent to the column you put in the cube to make room for cube.
Fastest Crafting experience I could come up with. GoMule is completely unbalanced :D

@sir_cyclops Don't the Lightning Sentries target the wrong Council Members?
Funny you should mention that, as my plan is to finally get into crafting caster amulets after RFL2. It will definitely make my life a lot easier indeed :).

@sir_cyclops Yes, luckily I discovered that method, so I'm not entirely slow with GoMule ;).

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually did roll my map in MP and brought two characters in.
How do I report map seed rule infraction by mod? ;)

Funny you should mention that, as my plan is to finally get into crafting caster amulets after RFL2. It will definitely make my life a lot easier indeed :).
You're saying you didn't craft amulets until now? :eek:

Finished my set. Second set is unlikely, going to be more busy anyway this weekend and upcoming week. But I guess we'll see after that. :) In the meantime will do a few crafting sessions and fool around with other builds.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon How do you not see the item's stats in gomule when you hover over it? or do you just not look?
I pick them up before stats appear and drop in the stash without checking what dropped.

However, at this point I'll check rare amulets because it is slightly annoying to pick them up knowing they probably won't provide anything. So, let's see what 91 rare amulets dropped:

Code:
Corruption Necklace
Amulet
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x93eeccad
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+17 to Attack Rating
+39 to Life
Replenish Life +3
Fire Resist +34%

Eagle Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x2fb4d0eb
Unidentified
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
+20 to Energy
+33 to Life
All Resistances +15
Fire Resist +31%
Damage Reduced by 1

Grim Heart
Amulet
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0x6cc63763
Unidentified
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
6% Life stolen per hit
Fire Resist +11%
Poison Resist +24%
77% Extra Gold from Monsters

Skull Talisman
Amulet
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x8ece5a04
Unidentified
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+14 to Strength
+2 to Dexterity
All Resistances +16
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Storm Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0xacf9fd61
Unidentified
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
Replenish Life +5
Lightning Resist +8%
Poison Resist +39%
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Those first two are incredible for LLD. If I were into LLD, I'd be very happy now.

Overall, rare amulets are best gambled and they are good items for LLD. Now I won't pick them up anymore as apart from being able to make strong LLD characters, amulets provided nothing even marginally useful.

sir_cyclops

Diabloii.Net Member
5 hours in, 6 qualifiers in total. Im gooood :)

Btw, I found 9dex/[email protected] jewel. I know it is good, but wondering which build would it fit the best. Any tips? :)
Youd want it on a build that doesnt need facets, but wants max block or at least enough dex for some higher dex items. Jewels like that were what I would put in wands/orbs for my level 30 low level dueling chars back in the day.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Speaking about this shocking statement: No amulet upgrades from first batch of round 2 crafts, but I liked this one.

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 17.13.33.png

Fits well with the only real upgrade I found:

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 13.54.24.png

Generally didn't find really jaw dropping items unfortunately, will sort through the stash and post some highlights later on or in results thread.

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
229 minutes to go: they will be done tonight. If i'm focused enough, i may hit lvl 92 with BabyBaba doing so, then he'll be my highest clvl :) (other active ones are 91/91/87/82/lower).

Does anyone dared to complete a set before me ?