2019 Spring RFL Sign-up and Running Thread: 2nd Round

peytron

Diabloii.Net Member
When we're talking about using duel Grief on Whirlwind Barbarians, are you guys using phase blades? Currently my Barbarian is using a Grief phase blade and an Oath ethereal balrog blade. I have a Lo rune available and was wondering if I should go for duel Grief.

Thanks in advance!

Vildecor

Diabloii.Net Member
Just got my 5th qualifier so far in just under 7 hours and 855 runs. Lots of decent finds as well:

Screenshot166.jpg
Screenshot176.jpg
Screenshot199.jpg

Also 4 rainbow facets so far, including a 5/5 lightning. No images (except the drops themselves) sadly, because I was silly and took them while my stash was open (no spoilers!)

LongingForDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
When we're talking about using duel Grief on Whirlwind Barbarians, are you guys using phase blades? Currently my Barbarian is using a Grief phase blade and an Oath ethereal balrog blade. I have a Lo rune available and was wondering if I should go for duel Grief.

Thanks in advance!
Grief is typically made in either Phase Blades or Berserker Axes. Phase Blades have the advantage that they're very fast, so you hit the best IAS breakpoint regardless of your roll. Also, they are indestructible, so you won't have to repair them. If you make it in a Balrog Blade, you will need at least 34% IAS on it for the last breakpoint. Another option is a Colossus Blade, but you'll need 39% IAS on them.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks in advance!
Dual Grief PBs is definitely the best option.

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@peytron I would like to chime in and say I plan to make my second grief (haha don't have a first) in a zweihander. Repairing is annoying, but its got decent durability and better range than a phase blade (which effects chance to hit in a confusing way during ww). The first one must be phase blade IMO in case a zerker or pally wants to use it. But for ww, zweihander is nice.

Tatterson

Diabloii.Net Member
What do yall use for keybinds? I might do qwerty + asdfg, but having W as my switch weapons key is kind of weird.

Thinking of something lke this

Q: whirlwind
W: switch weapons
E: teleport
R: item find
t: -

a: +1 skills cry
s: Battle orders
d: shout

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
qwer
asdf G
zxcv

top row = buffs/minions
mid row = main skills, G = switch weapons
bottom row = tele, tome

Tatterson

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess I'll officially join with my untwinked barb, got 1 qualifier already in like 25 minutes of running :D

Have been doing p1 runs to get used to the new keybinds, hopefully I can transition into doing p3 soon. 45sec avg time per run currently, should go down over time.

Gynli

Diabloii.Net Member
I pushed my assassin to Hell Pindle and am ready to grind him out for the week!
I'll decide on officially joining sometime next week; if the bare minimum set of gears decide to drop for me.

Guillaume/Gore/Lawbringer should be enough for a DTail sin for /p1 Travs at 1~2 min runs, right? :p

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I've decided not to pick orbs anymore. With more theorycrafting I've seen I'd need orb with fcr as well as 2 skills, good tree skills and 2 sockets. Mission impossible to find. On nearly 50 I collected not a single one has any use of any kind. They are just too hard to find useful, especially because 2 sockets seem to be super rare modification, not a single one of orbs has any socket at all.

On top of it a simple 6os crystal sword with facets offers more than any godly orb could if -resistance is needed and if fcr is not a problem. Just lol.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon so the new goal is to find 6x 5/5 fire facets?
I guess so. I see 3 characters who could use such weapon. Only problem is those facets don't grow on the trees exactly and there are other places people would prefer to put fire facets in. Although it doesn't need to be 5/-5, 4/-5 is just fine. I'm still unsure will I make such weapon since it's use is limited after all.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Couple of years ago I made a 6-facet sword for a Pindle running Fissure Druid. But I used rather second-tier facet rolls, was more of a funny experimenting thing running with 11 facets (along with 4-facet Monarch and faceted Ravenlore). :)

Could also work with a FB/DS Cow Trapper. In fact I socketed her circlet with a 5/5 the other day to boost FB damage. I suspect the Merc DPS increase from Beast is preferable over such a weapon, but definitely worth testing.

I'm curious, what characters/targets did you have in mind @Gripphon?

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm 7.5 hours in. Since I no longer pick orbs, I've decided to do something I didn't do for the past 6 years! I've decided to...
pick up rare amulets

Joke to the side I have to occupy my running time with something and I'm curious to see what can they provide. I'm also at 103 rare rings picked up which seems like a huge number, but I'm not sure of their drop rates since I don't pick up all. I wonder what will all those rare rings bring at the end of the set. And also 8th facet dropped, that's more than 1 facet per hour which is way above normal drop rate for them. I decided not to pay attention to runtimes this time around, although going by experience method I'm at 17.56 s average full clear runs, and since sorc does skip one minion every like 10 runs, real average is probably around 17.4 s. That's definitely faster than I thought it will be, although it's irrelevant altogether.

I'm curious, what characters/targets did you have in mind @Gripphon?
I was thinking about Fissure druid running AT for experience, cow trapper (where lower fcr breakpoint should be compared) and fireball sorc running some area with breakable fire immunes like AS.

Let's compare rare rings at the end of RFL to see who got better deal!

Reactions: ffs

Saluki

Diabloii.Net Member
---------------------------
Grape (1.07)
WoRG (1.07)
zemaj (1.07)
pharphis (1.07)
helvete (1.07)
maxicek
ffs
art_vandelay
peytron
LongingForDeath
jjscud
PhineasB
Vildecor
Gripphon
Kitteh
Hutton
T72on1
sir_cyclops
CaseyJones
Teddeeboy
Babyhell
Apila
ESDv2
Friiser
NanoMist
TheGuardianXXXIII
Ghonn
Luhkoh
Pb_pal
Jocular
Quinneczech
Shuffleblast
Saluki
----------------------------

Want to find some goodies and finish a full 20 hours this time. Only managed 12 hours in the first round.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon Given muling time doesn't count towards the 20, I delete garbage items (including rare rings) immediately, so I don't have so much junk later on when going through to find the good stuff. So I won't know how many there are. Only got 4-5 keepers so far actually. (Mostly hoping for another FCR + double leech ring, ideally with mana and life.)

By the way, didn't you at some point advocate a kind of MF sweet spot to maximize the amount of rare rings? The 110 MF I'm at seem fine, but trying to find out what the best amount/range is.

EDIT: Btw what do you mean by lower FCR BP for Cow Trapper? The setup I posted about with Beast/Phoenix is at 65 FCR on Trap switch. (Would be same with facet sword/Phoenix.) Could use 65 FCR of course, but why wouldn't you use 102 FCR CtA/Teleport switch for faster running. With Spirit there it only requires some easy to include extra FCR.

Last edited: