2019 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: 1st Round

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
Incredibly impressive, @NanoMist !!! Thanks for sharing. I agree with everything @BeLikeLebron said there.

Looking at your resists, where FE/LE/CE bosses ever a problem? Or is it just a matter of taking on the pack from the other side and let the DS take the boss out?

I think you should run that build for RFL1. I mean, maybe you'd give us a slight edge, but even then you'll win the RFL big time. Everyone knows that ;). And what am I talking, slight edge? 3 minute runs are still fast, so ... !?

Edit: ok, watched the video some more. Make that 2:35 runs :confused:. I really should up my ante ... a lot. I only wanted to do some practice runs a few days before start of the RFL, but I guess I'll start practicing this evening.

Btw, congrats on the Mal ;).
I generally avoid fighting boss groups directly in order to avoid mana burn as well, so yes, let DS take them out. Resists are really bad but it's not an issue in Cows. The 2:35 runs were faster than any of my previous runs before the video, those might be outliers due to low density or favorable cow spawns. 3 minute runs were more normal. I also buy batches of 4 tomes.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice approach @NanoMist, great vid! Having seen that I think even more the DT/Lash approach will perform very well. Did you also try anything like that by any chance?

If cursed Rakanishu is a problem, why not just S&E after getting the leg and open the cow portal next to stash in the next game, starting the actual run without ever being Amped. (This is faster anyway, certainly when running without cube and having to run back to the stash after TPing to town.)

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't tried that approach yet, but I might give it a go later today or tomorrow.

S&E lag is 5-6 seconds, which is longer than running back to the stash. Probably worth it to get rid of the curse though, nice tip.

Smittyphi

Diabloii.Net Member
Nano, that looks...exhausting. I'll stick my my wildly flinging javazon that just runs fast with her...much slower runs :D. That is why I won't win and I'm ok with that.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah I didn’t realise there are S&E lag issues. For me it’s usually the other way round. TPing back to Rogue Camp can take up to 10 seconds if I haven’t cleared the char folder in a while. ;)

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
That is an awesome build @NanoMist , and some good theorycrafting @ffs . The pre-round theorycrafting is one of the best parts of these tournaments, kudos to you two! If I had more time (or a Stormlash) I would give one of those a try, but I think it'll be the faithful javazon for me again this year.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
With some adjustments Schaefer's should work, too. ;) Or CM even. I was meaning to take her to Trav with a different setup. There, -ELR makes Static much stronger vs broken LIs, and CM in PB is actually not far behind in theory... Main reason for Lash over those two is the CB boost (plus better WSM compared to Schaefer).

Anyhow, as much as I’d like to see how she does, of course I cannot seriously discourage you from going with OP Java awesomeness!

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Tried the Venomancer a bit, but couldn't get into the 125% fcr setup. For some reason the 75% fcr one works far better for me. Still only at 4 - 4.30 min runs :(. I guess it's time to start my practice already, so I can get those down.

O yes, after my merc died way too often, I gave in and added points into Revives.

I did get a warmup qualifier btw:

Screenshot003.jpg

Friiser

Diabloii.Net Member
This is my first serious foray into "OP java awesomeness", and it is stunning how quickly she clears a room when all the gear lines up (Infinity, proper placement of facets). It will only be more OP with that unique diadem finally drops for me.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Tried the Venomancer a bit, but couldn't get into the 125% fcr setup. For some reason the 75% fcr one works far better for me. Still only at 4 - 4.30 min runs :(. I guess it's time to start my practice already, so I can get those down.

O yes, after my merc died way too often, I gave in and added points into Revives.

I did get a warmup qualifier btw:

View attachment 12842
Had quite the 'Doh' moment this morning, when I realized I was playing on /p7. Not that I will suddenly get sub 3 minute run times, but at least it explains a bit why my merc was struggling far more than I was used to, and why initial chaining of CE went less smooth than I recalled. I'm quite positive that with some practice and on /p5 I should be able to get my run times down to 3:30 or so.

Re: Gripphon's ... I still lack that one too unfortunately. With it, I'd also do some Cow runs with my Javazon, as well as AS runs in round 3.