Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2019 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: 1st Round

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Grape, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Babyhell

Babyhell IncGamers Member

@T72on1 what voodoo magic did you make ? My kid haven't slept tonight, couldn't run cows - did some Pindle runs so that i can quickly stop/can't forget the path i went through, still at only half an hour. Guess i won't make two batches as i hoped, but hit lvl 90 !

Gratz for the cow king set anyway ! I never dropped any part of it, it would be nice if i get some too ;)

2. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Lol, that's some high hopes... catching a qualifier within 20 hours... make it two sets, then we are talking.

It takes me about 10 minutes to setup a game for my Javazon and Barb, get leg, kill cows, stash gems, repair javelins etc. Not only do we have weak chance to find runes but this is considerably slower as well. :rolleyes:

I've done 8 runs now. One jewel and two Tir runes to craft lesser blood gloves so far. Bunch of gems to burn later, so there's that. Barbarian has hit level 70 so he'll definitely be ready in time for the Travi round, which I have higher hopes for. Not a fan of cows in general, and less so in 1.07. Still planning to take more mules to the game at later point, but for now it's going to be a Barb Javazon duo for the sake of simplicity.

Goals: craft craft craft, hope the lightning strikes and I get something nice. I think I miss Um or Mal rune so that I could make Beta CtA without any Hellforge runes (something I'd like to achieve before rushing more HFs for the possible 2nd one). That'd be cool. Collect many gems and hopefully decent amount of jewels as well.

PhineasB and sir_cyclops like this.
  3. Babyhell

My second half an hour session gave me a qualifier, i'm ranked - and that's all i will say about that until results !

Alongside, a superior mage plate 3os 298def - sic - a 7mf sc and a fhr martial art skiller - one less to be traded !

I'm between 7 and 8 minutes all counted on my side, not bad at p5 !

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  4. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I just need to finish my current guardian, and then I will have another swing at getting into the steak making groove :D

maxicek and Zyr like this.
  5. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Runs done: 200
    Runes counted: 375

Assuming I kill 6 bosses per run, I need to deduct 4.2 cows from total calculated from these numbers. I'll deduct 5.
    Cows killed per run average: ~453

This is much more realistic than after 100 runs. I'll continue doing data for more precise numbers, I feel like this is still a bit too high number.

TedDeeBoy, Zyr, T72on1 and 2 others like this.
  6. LongingForDeath

LongingForDeath IncGamers Member

About 4 hours and 40 minutes in and I'm already looking forward to when this is over :p.

3 deaths so far. One aborted run when the very first cow group spawned with Might and Fanaticism and quickly killed my merc. Respec'ed before the beginning of the round to max Amplify Damage. Put a point into Golem Mastery and left 10 skill points unspent to see how he would fare. First IK golem died in the very first test run to the 3rd or 4th herd of cows. Figured that putting more points into Golem Mastery wouldn't be worth it, so I put them into Poison Dagger instead to boost my Nova damage and didn't bother to recast the Golem. Gave him another shot when another IK Maul dropped in the cow level. Survived a few runs this time, but then my necro got killed. Ah well, I don't think he made a significant difference, anyway.

At first the Golem sounds like a good idea to get that first corpse quicker. But that's only the case if he happens to attack the same cow as the merc, which is very rarely the case, since there are so many of them. And after the first herd is down, there are 10 revived cows to help out, so the Golem becomes even more irrelevant.

Qualifiers all dropped within the first hour so far, which made the last couple of hours a bit frustrating. Got these two skillers, though:
    Code:
    Burning Grand Charm of Life
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 42
    Fingerprint: 0xbb9536da
    Item Level: 81
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    Unidentified
    +1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)
    +15 to Life

Chilling Grand Charm of Vita
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 69
    Fingerprint: 0x3fd2fd76
    Item Level: 84
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    Unidentified
    +1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
    +39 to Life

jonnyphive, TedDeeBoy, Ghonn and 10 others like this.
  7. sir_cyclops

sir_cyclops IncGamers Member

@LongingForDeath That cold skiller :eek:

I’m only about an hour and a half in, and I’m also a bit ready for it to be over, haha. I feel slow (5min on p3) so I may switch to p5. As a trapper, with corpse explosion, the time to kill the pack is the same, it’s just the time to kill the first few monsters of each pack that changes. Without infinity, it takes some time (5-10 seconds) regardless of p1, 3, or 5 and merc can survive on all three pretty well as long as I teleport him out when he’s getting overwhelmed.

Zyr, PhineasB and Zylo like this.
  8. Babyhell

@Gripphon Omg already 200 runs ? Oo at say 3mn/run you already did half a batch, you're a dedicated monster !!!

9. Babyhell

You feel slow at 5mn ?! You count stashing and leg hunt in ? Omg i was happy with less than 8min total, i guess i have huge progresses to make !

I'd be interested by a "top run" video by any of you guys - after the round probably, you may have found a better map or what, i need to be quite focused already on my runs, but there are things i shall improve i guess !

10. Gripphon

That's a nice cold skiller there!

8 hours 11 minutes in, so not at half point yet. The plan is to cross half point by the end of the weekend though. Probably will do 12 hours or close and then do whatever during the week. I usually collect some data during running and it keeps me going much more than running without it. Research ftw haha.

ffs, T72on1 and Zyr like this.
  11. LongingForDeath

LongingForDeath IncGamers Member

200 runs in 8 hours 11 minutes? That's 2:27 minutes per run on average. OK, I gotta ask: What's your nova damage and CE level? Granted, I surely have room for improvement, but in no way could I improve my run times by 40% to match your average time. Maybe if I skip a whole bunch of cows, but otherwise I just don't see how it would be possible.

12. Gripphon

Nova damage is around 8.2k and CE level is 40. However, with necro it's all about mercenary damage output and herding technique. Perhaps it would be best to make a video to show although it would be very similar to the video already done.

13. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Grip running compared to the rest of us:

TedDeeBoy, Gripphon, Vildecor and 5 others like this.
  14. Shuffleblast

Shuffleblast IncGamers Member

3 hours done, cow herding is so fun! I won't win with 5 mins/run, but whatever!

Zyr, Kitteh, T72on1 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Babyhell

May the RNG be with us ! (7+mins/run here for now, grabbing charms and some bases)

16. Ghonn

Ghonn IncGamers Member

10 minutes per P3 run with necro. It just became painful, and I switched to blizzard. Now it's in the 6-7 minutes range. About two hours in.

17. Shuffleblast

Shuffleblast IncGamers Member

Same for me, I'm picking up light elite armor in search of answers... I mean rw bases.

18. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

One of my wrists has been hurting for over a week lately (barely any gaming, either) and I have a lot of homework for the next few days so I might not end up actually participating.

plus if I run cows during the second round I'll get a zod when it doesn't count for anything

Zyr and PhineasB like this.
  19. Gripphon

Video demonstration for necro running cows on p5. Some things I overfocused a little bit, but here are points I wanted to make clear on the video:

1. necro can herd aggressively, get in between packs and aggro with curse
    2. once corpse is down, teleport in place to force cows to converge into CE
    3. positioning > getting corpse in some cases
    4. ideally kill big packs from the bottom right side to check all drops immediately
    5. perform walking technique to the bottom right of the drops if needed

Learn the map well. Decide how much time do you want to use to kill lonely packs or would you like to skip them like I do in some parts of the video.

TedDeeBoy, T72on1, SlashRox and 3 others like this.
  20. Hutton

Hutton IncGamers Member

Currently ~6 hours in... and still on one qualifier.

Could really use a dopamine hit soon, this is getting a bit tiresome!