2018 Summer MFO Signup and Running Thread

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@Baltha That sounds unlucky indeed :) though in terms of efficiency the most important stat is how many bosses you kill in a given amount of time, not just run times, number of runs and/or MF amount. But I'm curious now: What's your setup/target/build? Don't think I've ever seen a playable 830 MF setup. The most efficient MF runs here (by Fabian) were done with ~810 MF I think, and that was only possible on a Pit Zerker with ridiculous time-traveled items.

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
If I can squeeze in three hours tomorrow that will bring be up to about 25 hours for the ten days; 25 hours at an average of three minutes per run will get me about 500 Baal runs overall.

Baltha

Diabloii.Net Member
Standard Blizzard.

Shako Ist
Skullders Ist
Occy Ist
Monarch IstIstIstIst
Mara
Goldwarp
Chancies
2 naguel
Switch cta spirit
Full inventory Gheed, mf sc, cube

One hit kill pindle anyway if I can hit it in the right spot. If hes immune merc trt treachery guillaume kills him. Average 20 sec.

Cant compete against pitbarb but wasnt interested in learn to play one.

Efficiency is great. But in the end what matters in a MFO is how many runs you did and how much MF did you carry. Doing it in the less amount of time possible is a convenience, not a winning condition

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
Standard Blizzard.

Shako Ist
Skullders Ist
Occy Ist
Monarch IstIstIstIst
Mara
Goldwarp
Chancies
2 naguel
Switch cta spirit
Full inventory Gheed, mf sc, cube
To me that seems like a lot of "wasted" Ists. I guess it's not wasteful if you keep that character for a long time and/or you're swimming in runes, but I have a tendency to want to start fresh too often.

What is your MF total, or don't you want to share it? For the L85 AT I'm "only" running 451 MF, with more FCR and especially more skills than I probably need. But I don't even have many 6 or 7 MFSCs anyway (I'm using them all.)

Not trying to whine about RNG - it's why we're here I guess. But I think I just can't take competitions like this "seriously" like others do. I'm always questioning the time I put into this, thinking I should be doing more important things. And then mainly I get annoyed not at my low to mediocre placement, but if I spend lots of hours and don't find any useful items.

One thing that did slap some sense into me is finding a "really good" / "rare" item just now, which actually isn't even relevant to the MFO score. Kinda puts it in perspective. I think we get spoiled expecting 27-point items to drop every tourney, and forget how rare they really are.

Baltha

Diabloii.Net Member
To me that seems like a lot of "wasted" Ists. I guess it's not wasteful if you keep that character for a long time and/or you're swimming in runes, but I have a tendency to want to start fresh too often.

What is your MF total, or don't you want to share it?
829% MF. As I said earlier, I can't kill any faster anyway. I tried running with 7 cold skillers and my time was more or less the same.

And yeah, I swim in runes :p. But I don't think Ists are that expensive anyway. I think you can cube up a Ist in 1 hour or so of countess running if you want to waste your time in it.

Last edited:

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah, I thought you were running a85. How did you conclude the below when you're in a different category and may very well have a much higher score? :)
Im at 7k + runs with 830+ mf, and losing to you both :(
~7k Pindle kills with Sorc is equivalent to ~1150 Pit runs with Barb (rough estimate), just to put the numbers into perspective.

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
829 MF is certainly impressive. I guess it would be fun just to have that high of a magic find after all these years. But for the purposes of the MFO, if you consider set items to be basically useless for a high-end final score (I think they all are) then looking at uniques, assuming the same kill rate, you get 12.3% more uniques than someone (me) who is at 451 MF. I suppose I really should work harder at having more MF for this tourney, but again I just can't take it as "seriously" as some others.

Baltha

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah, I thought you were running a85. How did you conclude the below when you're in a different category and may very well have a much higher score? :)
I didn't. I was talking about RIP and Maxi.

Anyway, I'm done with the ranting about my RNG :D.

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member
I smell some impressive find in the air and at the same time am seeing myself falling to 4th place...Managed to finish 5k runs so far, just don't know, if i have will to try 1k runs more...Did not improved my score for more then 3k runs which speaks for itself :mad:

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Confirmed double drop for @Baltha with DWeb and Mang's ;)

Final Results. Now that it's Sunday many places, a reminder about sending final results. Please do so as soon as you are finished running on Sunday. The PM to your area supervisor should include the top 5 and total score, as well as the GoMule/ATMA readouts for your top 5.

Please don't forget to send results as soon as you're finished on Sunday! We'll do our best to turn the results around quickly. Monday is a holiday for me, so I hope to post in the am US West Coast, assuming we've gotten all the final results.

Good luck for the last stretch! Looking forward to some epic last-minute drops to make the results exciting!

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
Countess P1
1:236 Ist
1:157 Mal

With 200 FCR and a decent map you can get like 25-30s runs (I’m getting a 3-5 second delay leaving, unfortunately). Just figured I’d share since I just started running her last night with Ists in mind. It’s quite a bit more efficient than LK if you just want Ist.

(Did math @23s picking up gems)
Ist 9 known P7 patterns
15.66 chests per minute
1:464.98 chance per minute

Mal 17 known P7 patterns
1:3855 chance per chest
1:246.16 chance per minute

Last edited:

logoutzero

Diabloii.Net Member
Monday is a holiday for me as well, and as of this post, I'm just halfway into Saturday.

Should be good for the results talking and posting, looking forward to seeing who turns the dial to '11' in the homestretch!

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
Now you need to make a L56 lightning Sorc named Demon Heart, to rock that cruddy thing

Oh, also make sure to have her personalize it.

Last edited:

srrw

Diabloii.Net Member
Final results are in. It's only 3pm here but I can't handle any more Pindle runs. Midway set goal was to hit 92 on my Sorc and that's exactly where I stopped. I've improved my score slightly in the last couple of days but I still don't expect getting in the top 3.

Total runs done:

The interesting thing was when I actually picked up more Rares and having my girlfriend around distracting me (Slow runs) the runs were actually faster :confused:

The runner:
Standards Blizzard Sorcy
HotO
Skullder's PTopaz
Shako PTopaz
Spirit
Tal's belt
Tal's Ammy
War Travs
Chance Guards
Nagel
Crap rare ring /w Str/Life/Mf
Gheeds + some crappy charms; mainly of Vita/of Good luck/of Fortune
Total MF: 387

non-eth Theresher Insight/Duriels/Guillaumes Prayer merc

The rune drops:
Non existent. Since my restart the rune drops have been so abysmal at times I think I might be playing 1.10 again.

I have found exactly 1 item that actually wanted from all of these runs and it's probably 15th on my priority list. Easy to say I'm extremely disappointed. Since most of the items I was after would be qualifiers had I found them I'd save that part for later. :rolleyes:

Last edited: