2018 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Grande Finale

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, in that respect it's not that good to finish with areas. Barring some extreme luck, it's the round with the least qualifiers, by far.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Sooooo I got home today, did not feel like doing more Chaos so I thought, hey I can do some cow runs with my javazon, runes won't count for this round so with my bad luck I probably drop 3 Zods... well, not quite, but almost :p

gulcow.png Sur Cows.png

I feel very stupid now, to have wasted RNG blessings :(

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
extreme coincidence, but those are the same two runes I have harvested from containers so far this round
I got an Ist rune first Chaos run this round, I first was happy, then 10 seconds later ... I was thinking about uninstalling the game...

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I was just routinely doing CS runs for the RFL, thinking that in terms of mf it had been quite disappointing so far, when first I got this one:

Screenshot007.jpg

then this cuty:

Screenshot008.jpg

followed by this incredible drop:

Screenshot009.jpg

Code:
Death's Web
Unearthed Wand
One Hand Damage: 22 - 28
Durability: 14 of 18
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x88ceec90
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
-50% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+9 to Mana after each Kill
+11 Life after each Kill
My first +2/+2, with -50% EPR to boot !!!

Shuffleblast

Diabloii.Net Member
I've started running as well, currently 2 hours in. I'm doing more or less full cs clears, trying to aoe as much as I can... but it's been somewhat uneventful so far.

Screenshot004.jpg
Screenshot006.jpg

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 - Amazing DWeb drop there, Congrats!

I finished 4 hours so far, only memorable drop was a green Caduceus. I tried to quantify how my CS runs were doing by reviewing 10 runs on video and doing a sloppy count of monsters killed. With Storm Casters worth 3.59 regular monsters at p7, I get about 145 monsters killed per minute, somewhat similar to last year.

A much better way to count a large sample is to use total jewels or runes found to estimate monsters, but I'll leave that analysis for the end, when there's a large sample size. Right now I have 58 jewels, and with 1:758 drop odds from a regular monster, I'm killing 183 equivalent monsters per minute. That is kind of high, so I may just be getting lucky with jewels. Just as a comparison, my Javazon was clearing about 120 cows per minute, and with cows worth 1.5 monsters, that's 180 equivalent monsters per minute. It's hard to imagine CS matching cows, but at least my video method is showing that it's 80% as good.

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
@NanoMist Doesnt Vizier have an even better drop rate for runes than the other Storm Casters? I don’t think he can drop Zod but Cham etc can still bolster your score, could be worth considering when comparing CS vs Cows.

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
Vizier has a 26% better chance of dropping a Cham compared to a regular Storm Caster, and given the volume of monsters killed, it's a drop in a bucket. I would just count Vizier as a regular for simplicity.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
heart rate a bit elevated... got smacked while cursed with full HP (2099) and I almost died from a fanat council member (on /p1 in 1.07). Not sure if extra strong but it was spooky

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 - Amazing DWeb drop there, Congrats!

I finished 4 hours so far, only memorable drop was a green Caduceus. I tried to quantify how my CS runs were doing by reviewing 10 runs on video and doing a sloppy count of monsters killed. With Storm Casters worth 3.59 regular monsters at p7, I get about 145 monsters killed per minute, somewhat similar to last year.

A much better way to count a large sample is to use total jewels or runes found to estimate monsters, but I'll leave that analysis for the end, when there's a large sample size. Right now I have 58 jewels, and with 1:758 drop odds from a regular monster, I'm killing 183 equivalent monsters per minute. That is kind of high, so I may just be getting lucky with jewels. Just as a comparison, my Javazon was clearing about 120 cows per minute, and with cows worth 1.5 monsters, that's 180 equivalent monsters per minute. It's hard to imagine CS matching cows, but at least my video method is showing that it's 80% as good.

Interesting numbers there. I'm around the 1 min mark for my CS runs, but I don't think I kill the equivalent of 145 enemies in that time. I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm playing.

What exactly is your tactic? For now I'm mainly focusing on Storm Casters and hardly ever stop for any other monsters. That's both in RoF (they drop the same as those in CS, right?) and CS. So if I encounter 3 or more Storm Casters, I kill them. Sometimes if it's only 2 but there are other monsters around too. Most other monsters and packs I skip, unless it's a really large group, say 10+.

I can hardly imagine that doing CS this way equals 80% of Cows when it comes to runes. Then again maybe that just says something about my latest Cow runs :p.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
I basically just spam the big rooms in chaos (at the star) with hammerdin and the vizier seal, If there are packs of storm casters in the hallways, I stop and kill them.

Nice numbers @NanoMist !

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Super nice DWeb @T72on1, congrats! That perfect -EPR roll is sexy. My only DWeb has 2/2/-47.

@NanoMist For the jewel counting method, 20 hours still allow for super high variance for these CS runs no? I'm thinking for cows there's a much higher number of monsters killed, and even for Cows IIRC Gripp also used that only for "long-term" calculation whereas his runefinding guide is based on the XP gain calculation method (which doesn't work for this type of CS runs though of course).

So I'd think your "video sloppy counting method" may be the most accurate one in fact. :) Would love to see some gameplay by the way!

As for me, I'm getting trolled repeatedly in Pits with white/blue/yellow Spiderweb Sashes, Sacred Armors and Unearthed Wands. :mad: Also, zero qualifiers that count in almost 9 hours, simply awesome! So yeah.. complaining big time!

Last edited:

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
I was thinking about making a couple of scans of the entire Chaos and then count the monsters by watching the videos in slowmotion. I wanna figure out average number of monsters and the average fraction of stormcasters. Map layout should not matter since Chaos Sanctuary is (apart from the seal configurations) static map?