2018 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Grande Finale

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Nooooo I give up on completing the second set :( I will send results to Grape later today.

Nice work everybody!

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
I have my 5 qualifiers, but I still have a few hours left to run so I am gonna finish out tonight. None of my qualifiers have dropped from Finger Mages.

Big D dropped a Stormlash last night for me which is a grailer, but it damn near had the lowest ED roll possible (246%). On a high note, it had the max integer lightning absorb (9) though. I picked up the Scourge and figured it was just another Horizon’s, but was pleasantly surprised.

I really like running CS, especially after adding the Infinity into the mix and beefing up my plus skills even more. I know I shouldn’t spend time killing trash, but it’s fun as hell when the whole side is full of monsters and I can go in guns blazing with Fireballs and Frozen Orbs.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@darkstarhub If it is any consolation, Stormlash has also eluded me for ages and when I finally got one it rolled even worse at 241 ed. ;)

4.5h left for me, still running AS. I only have tomorrow evening to finish but should be possible with a dedicated effort. ;) I enjoy running Pits more but I think I'll run AS to the end to contribute some data (to the extent possible without run counter working).

Looking forward to the results already, GL to everybody else still running!

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Results sent to grape!

So I wanted to play a bit with my MF nova sorc in the pits (I am pretty eager to do some pure MF and leveling now when the RFL is over), in all the junk, I saw an Orange flash when I teleported away (I always have show loot button held down when teleporting)

Screenshot181.jpg

Clearly, the game hates me ... 17 h in Arcance Sanctuary with just 2 qualifier runes...

!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
No no, the game likes you. That is why it gave you the Lo. During tournaments the drop gods take over though, and I bribed those so I'd have a better shot at winning :).

Too bad I ran out of money after the first round ;).

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
For the third round, I got these runes during practice and random gameplay in between RFL play...

Pul x 2
Ist x 2
Gul
Vex
Lo
Sur x 2
Zod

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
That is only 153.8 points, so stop complaining ... :rolleyes:.

Hey, on the bright side, you got that Zod you wanted by changing your avatar :). So it worked. Do you plan to revert to your old avatar? I really liked that one !!!

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
That is only 153.8 points, so stop complaining ... :rolleyes:.

Hey, on the bright side, you got that Zod you wanted by changing your avatar :). So it worked. Do you plan to revert to your old avatar? I really liked that one !!!
Yeah as Promised, the old baba avatar will be back once results from RFL is finalized :)

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I've received results from seven players and then I have my own score done (I never put that many hours to the second set anyway).

I have to say it's very exciting to see each and every result, and of course especially from those who are fighting to win, still ;)

Looking forward to the rest of the results so we can have the thread for them as soon as possible after the running time is over.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Finished the set. I think AS is a nice area, like @T72on1 said not only for runes but also for charms, jewels and gems. Similar to LK in that regard, and while it's of course generally worse for runes it can drop Jah and Cham as well. Can see myself running it again at some point. That being said, I was somewhat bored with it after the first ~10 hours though, and efficiency decreased a bit. Started to play sloppily and didn't position well rather often. :rolleyes: But overall it was interesting to run.

Anyhow, didn't take too many screenshots of drops. Couple of nice charms but nothing spectacular. This ring deserves mentioning:

AS_cool ring.png

Other keepers:
- 10 skillers, couple of good trees: 1x Fire, 2x Cold, 1x P&B, two with life (Shadow & Offensive Auras)
- 48 Rals
- eth Duriel's Shell
- 3 Gheed's (best one 40/11/129)

Again didn't bother picking up many of these:
- 29 Sols
- 65 Flawless Amethysts
- 58 Flawless Rubies

Thanks again @Grape for hosting, was fun to participate!

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Results sent. I actually have a little more than 20 minutes left in the set, but this seemed like a good ending spot (for now):
3.2B.jpg
So a little below my goal for Round 3 of finishing off the level with the start of a second set, but I'll take it! :)

His most exciting drop of the round was this:
CS (Templars).jpg
Templars.jpg :(
I'll do a more complete run down in the results thread, but the other nice drops were Darkforce Spawn, Spirit Keeper, Shadow Dancer, and Gargoyle's Bite. He ended up with an MFO score for the set of 64.2, which beat my actual MFO score from last time :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing the results and especially the battle for the top spot! Thanks to @Grape for hosting

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
My results: nada. Didn't even run it. Started working too many hours after round 1, and also lost interest. Hopefully can still get my sorc to L95 someday...

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
3 hours 20 mins left! Can I still win if I start now?
My results: nada. Didn't even run it. Started working too many hours after round 1, and also lost interest. Hopefully can still get my sorc to L95 someday...
Ah dang. You could have won if given the go on your first post. Was too late to see it in time. Blame time zone differences and such ;).

Too bad man. Hopefully you'll have more time next time.

Edit: 8:30 am here. I demand results :p.

Friiser

Diabloii.Net Member
Results sent. One notable find is a +2 amazon skills tiara with 20% FCR, 19-34 Fire Damage, +7 min damage, will post a screenshot when I get back from vacation.