2018 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Grande Finale

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually have three qualifiers from just running CS, which isn’t too bad for about 7.5 hours. I haven’t had a single one of them drop from a finger mage though. Now that I think about it, I haven’t had a single Rune drop from one; not even an Ort or Tal.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
17 hours done, and this last hour got me my fifth qualifier, so at least that's covered now. Now to work up the quality...

@ffs very impressive, yet again! Tamoe is definitely worth it imo, but indeed not 100% comparable. I've had a Lo from them (my Javazon actually has a camp of them also on her way to Pit), and I'd say Lo makes an area RFL round top 5 pretty much most of the time.

Since you're pushing the limits of Javazon, what about trying your best at Baal after RFL? frozzen's 1:51 is a mighty feat, so the bar is very high.

Javazon clears Nihl's room in a heartbeat also, just saying...

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
I finished 10 hours on the Blizz sorc, then I did some testing in the Arcane. It was fun to have a change in scenery, and also farming an area I've never considered. I might finish the 2nd half of the set here, even without the chance of Zod.

Counted 225 ghosts / 170 other monsters over 5:29, so that's approximately 180 per minute. Not bad at all. Java, Blizz, Lightning, etc can also do well here, the key is in positioning. Shout out to @zemaj for suggesting another area to run. :D

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
2148-2790 at 105 FCR. I thought about 200 FCR, but sacrificing other stats wasn't worth it to me. I had faceted Eschuta's in the beginning, but went back to Hoto for the resists.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@Grape I was having a look at the hall of records thread recently I must admit, and was indeed eying that Baal run also ;) so yeah maybe I'll try! Mostly though I've been meaning to run Nihlathak with a fully decked Lightning Sorc. My untwinked one was faster than the current Nihl record already. But I don't want it to be attributable to the S&E issue others have :p and I've hit shrines for 98-99 as well, so runs could be faster in any case.

@NanoMist Very nice demonstration as usual, thanks! That looks much more efficient than any melee build indeed. Seems I totally misjudged the movement behaviour of the ghosts. From your vid it's clear that they move towards the character nicely most of the time in any case, so you don't lose out on too many drops (with proper positioning as you said).

Regarding Pit Java, as Grape said I also think including a Tamoe Highlands camp is worth it in any case, just takes 2-3 additional seconds for a very nice boost to the kills per minute. The whole run is specifically with the RFL format in mind, of course I would never run like that in any other scenario. :) Most of the kills (70-75%) are from Pits anyway. But I'll try to get a Pit map with higher density and then compare also with pure Pit runs, as well as including lvl 2.

Thanks for providing your benchmarks, this is what I love about tournaments like this. :)

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok I am done with my 20hours! I played the last two hours with my poison necro, inspiration from @ffs and @Pb_pal

After the 20h batch was completed, I decided to play him a bit more since I was in the flow and gained some nice experience.

About 20 min after the 20h completion, this bugger dropped

Screenshot146.jpg

I am not gonna start another 20h batch, so I thought I just show this one off in here. I think this was my punishment by doing those casual cow runs (which gave me a Gul and Sur, as non-qualifiers for this round). I also got a Vex and Zod in the practice runs in Ancient tunnels.

I hate this game and tournament, can we do it again next year? :D

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
What are your charms like? A 1.07 Wiz Spike would be great for res, mana and fcr, and unless you're already toting a full skiller set, a few more charms could offset the loss of +skills. Depending on how much res comes from charms, that may free up the space for them, and altogether be a nice step to 200fcr.

Glad you are enjoying it and hope drops are good! :D
I'm at 7 skillers already, with the remaining space for pickup. No Wiz Spike, res and mana can always be made up in secondary mods somewhere else, and losing the +3 skills is quite the drop in damage.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice gogo 99 @Grape!

I have one hour left, will be done tomorrow. I gotta say, 19 hours of total disaster in terms of qualifiers with Necro. :mad:

So yeah, I need to save face with a second set! Since his XP gain in Pits is a little too low by now anyway, that gives me a good excuse to go Java. ;) Rolled a promising map for her and will see how it goes. I have next week off, will be gone for a couple of days but should be able to finish a whole set with her this time.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs gogo java! Cool!

Oh drops. Might as well post these and then I can just later link to these next to my mighty mighty haul pic.
Code:
Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1429
Durability: 28 of 30
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 165
Fingerprint: 0xcbe83069
Item Level: 95
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+176% Enhanced Defense
+37 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
Damage Reduced by 15

Dracul's Grasp
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 131
Durability: 9 of 14
Required Level: 76
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x79262e89
Unidentified
5% Chance to cast level 10 Life Tap on striking
10% Life stolen per hit
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+99% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
+8 Life after each Kill

Entrapping Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xbd2f6db3
Unidentified
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+5 to Strength

Fleshripper
Fanged Knife
One Hand Damage: 59 - 227
Durability: 18 of 36
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 42
Required Dexterity: 86
Fingerprint: 0x38e51774
Unidentified
299% Enhanced Damage
-50% Target Defense
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
33% Deadly Strike
50% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
Slows Target by 20%

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x18bdd191
Unidentified
+1 to All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
3% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

Marrowwalk
Boneweave Boots
Defense: 195
Durability: 15 of 16
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0x349fe281
Unidentified
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+2 to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
+188% Enhanced Defense
+18 to Strength
+17 to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 10%
Heal Stamina Plus 10%
Half Freeze Duration
Level 33 Bone Prison (4/13 Charges)
Level 12 Life Tap (6/10 Charges)

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xe20285c1
100% Chance to cast level 37 Blizzard when you Die
Adds 24 - 38 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (3 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+5% to Cold Skill Damage
Facet: nice! Rest: meh.

These three were rolled:
Code:
Steel Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xc0e3318d
+127 to Attack Rating
+36 to Life

Steel Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xeb9ebddf
+107 to Attack Rating
+36 to Life

Hexing Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xe6408213
+1 to Curses (Necromancer only)
+7% Faster Run/Walk
85 junk jewels, 14 Sols, 14 Rals, 34 Pames, 17 Prubies, 148 other pgms (part shrined, part cubed).

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
I couldn't help but try AS with Javazon after @NanoMist made me realize how it could perform well there. Still getting the hang of it, but already quite surprising results.

If my counting was correct, the first run extrapolated to 206/min (including higher drop chance of ghosts). Second one didn't have too many ghosts and was ~172/min. Crazy ghost density in the third run resulted in ~260 kills/min (not a typo). Average of ~214 kills/min over the running duration of ~2m45s.

Note that this is the equivalent of ~143 cows per minute on P7 (or ~157 cows per minute on P5), which is not that easy to achieve either. Cow runs with the Javazon are still a little better and can drop Zod... but really that's quite intriguing to be honest. Seem to me AS could very well be the most efficient approach for the areas round in RFL no? :eek:

I think I'll try Lightning Sorc also, those narrow alleys should go well with it. Javazon kills faster, but maybe she can make up for it with faster mobility.