2017 Winter RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: 1st Round

Xios

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll probably be playing to the buzzer tonight before I send in my results as I still have some time left in this set and have plenty of room for more qualifiers.

I'll be sure to send it along not long after my carriage has turned back into a pumpkin though.

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Still have 10 hours-ish left. Might get 15-30 min tonight to not collect more HRs before sending in my results.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I'm only about 6 hours in so I'll probably play a bit more today. Pretty hopeless in 1.07 though as you can imagine

Burgomaster3

Diabloii.Net Member
I got about under four hours to go and since I got time to play, I guess I'll finish the whole set, even though I already hit the level 96. Might as well see how far this games trolliness can go.

Not many interesting drops. Found Windforce, but meh, same thing applies as with The Grandfather in previous set; I'd enjoy it a lot more if I haven't found one a week before the RFL.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
@Grape

On your goldfind sorc, did you test 2 sorc skills circlet vs Nightwing's? Blizzard damage is 15% lower, but in case you tested, is it even visible difference at all?

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon Not properly. Yes, there was a time where I used a circlet but that was when the equip overall wasn't well-optimized for maximum gold finding.

I intend to test it soon actually, as that same thing has later crossed my mind again. Once my current travi runner reaches 93, I could run some tests. That will happen probably next weekend, I think. I may have time to compare them before RFL kicks in again.

Few options: if either of these gets two sockets, I could fill in some Lems and try 80EG% belt instead of Arach.
Code:
Glacial Coronet of the Magus
Coronet
Defense: 36
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xe3f96998
Item Level: 96
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+3 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate

Arch-Angel's Tiara of the Magus
Tiara
Defense: 43
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xbf616b22
Item Level: 97
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
If not, then there's this:
Code:
Glyph Visage
Circlet
Defense: 28
Durability: 33 of 35
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xea1eb333
Item Level: **
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+27 to Life
Poison Resist +7%
119% Extra Gold from Monsters
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Lem Rune
That would need an FCR belt, but shouldn't be a problem to craft. Would be nice to have some EG% on that, the too. Or keep Arach and just try it instead of NW. Maybe first thing to do, really.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Found data from my tests before about p3 Travincal with sorcs. Sorcs I tested were "standard" (perfect Fathom, CoH, skillers with life...) with 9740 Blizzard damage and goldfind variant with 5500 damage (read: absolutely no armor, no weapon at all, plain 10 fcr belt, plain skillers). Guess what was the difference in running times when I didn't collect gold, aka how much slower was weaker variant of sorc? Have in mind we talk about 77% drop in Blizzard damage. Also first sorc has 105 fcr, second has 63. Go, guess!

5.5k no-3-pieces-of-equipment sorc was only ~11.3% slower than full decked out perfect Fathom CoH skillers with life etcetcetc sorc. This means if your runtime is 25s with full decked sorc, with really poor sorc you could still do sub 28s running.

By this logic, lowering her damage by 15% would mean pretty much no loss in running time or something really small.

For all of you who don't have Fathom for sorc - you don't need it. Chances are it won't make you even 1 second faster in comparison to best hoto variant.

Last edited:

Burgomaster3

Diabloii.Net Member
Results sent. Not necessarily the results I was hoping for, but I'm pretty ok with what I got. Levelled my Sorc to 96 and Necro to 95, got lots of crafting supplies, some sweet charms... Can't complain, really. Overall pretty fun stuff.

This part of the tournament is probably psychologically most challenging. It's easier to separate the Council or Cows from rest of the game, but when you're running areas, you are constantly like "I cannot run anything else, because what if I find a qualifier from AT/Meph/Pindle/Rakanishu!?" You basically have to have your counter running for two weeks if you wanna peace of mind.

Still had fun though. CS is definitely not my favorite place in the game, but I don't regret spending 20h there one bit. The xp comes surprisingly easy even after lvl 96, I'm starting to understand you 99ers.

I was talking about the game trolling me earlier. How about a second Windforce? Sure, why not:

Code:
Windforce
Hydra Bow
Two Hand Damage: 35 - 472
Durability: 31 of 55
Required Level: 73
Required Strength: 134
Required Dexterity: 167
Fingerprint: 0x50267ca9
Unidentified
+20% Increased Attack Speed
250% Enhanced Damage
+234 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
7% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
Heal Stamina Plus 30%

Windforce
Hydra Bow
Two Hand Damage: 35 - 538
Durability: 49 of 55
Required Level: 73
Required Strength: 134
Required Dexterity: 167
Fingerprint: 0x50c797f0
Unidentified
250% Enhanced Damage
+300 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
7% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
Heal Stamina Plus 30%
Within couple of hours from each other. Nice, I guess, If I had more than one Bowazon.

Also, if I learned one thing abot these runs, it is that the game wants me to make somekind of throwbarb or similar:
Code:
Deathbit
Battle Dart
Throw Damage: 36 - 82
One Hand Damage: 27 - 55
Quantity: 87
Required Level: 44
Required Strength: 15
Required Dexterity: 42
Fingerprint: 0x9570a6bb
Unidentified
130% Enhanced Damage
+223 to Attack Rating
5% Mana stolen per hit
7% Life stolen per hit
40% Deadly Strike
Replenishes quantity
Ethereal

The Scalper
Francisca
Throw Damage: 71 - 129
One Hand Damage: 42 - 87
Quantity: 130
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 15
Required Dexterity: 70
Fingerprint: 0xb3259006
Unidentified
165% Enhanced Damage
25% Bonus to Attack Rating
4% Life stolen per hit
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+4 to Mana after each Kill
Replenishes quantity
Ethereal

Demon's Arch
Balrog Spear
Throw Damage: 160 - 249
One Hand Damage: 131 - 251
Quantity: 80
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 117
Required Dexterity: 85
Fingerprint: 0xfa501065
Unidentified
+30% Increased Attack Speed
168% Enhanced Damage
Adds 232 - 323 Fire Damage
Adds 23 - 333 Lightning Damage
9% Life stolen per hit
Replenishes quantity
Ethereal
Can't wait for the results.

Next up: Some good old fashioned Magic Finding, in AT with Blizzy and in Pits with Zerker. Maybe a bit of Goldfinding in Trav with WW Barb. At some point, I have to start rerolling Trav maps for round 2. I really hope it wont be the nightmare it has potential being.

Good luck everyone wo is still running and everyone who already fínished! Hope you had/have better luck than I did.

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
For all of you who don't have Fathom for sorc - you don't need it. Chances are it won't make you even 1 second faster in comparison to best hoto variant.
That's good to know... Fathom still eludes me.

2nd batch of runs won't be the full 20 hours, but I gave it my all.

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright finally done work, and I've still got 39, crap 38 minutes left to run. I'm even gonna try firing up a run counter and tabulating runes. Come on RNG gods, momma needs a new pair of shoes (actually, RNG gods, I'm pretty well set for footwear although a nice War Travs never hurts, but please focus on high runes).

Double crap 37 minutes

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Welp I did the run counter and apparently my last push lasted 35:05 minutes. In which i completed 69 runs with an average time of 30:013 seconds. I'm not sure if you guys shave off for machine saving and rune tallying, but if you do, my computer takes 5-6 seconds roughly to get out of a game and into a new one (I've heard it's because I have too many screenshots in my runewords folder) and i wasted 19 total seconds writing down rune drops. So to make myself feel better it took my in game 24.348 seconds to pop three superchests and 4 poppables and kill some things.

I also netted this ok jewel in the process. Probably never use it though cause the rolls are so bad.
Code:
 Storm Scarab
Jewel
Required Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0x119deadf
Item Level: 85
+1 to Minimum Damage
+3 to Strength
+8 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +25%

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Update: I have received results from 17 players. Thanks for turning your results in.

Now I know someone might still be running, but I'm giving a public shout out to those I still need results from (don't take this personally :D ), just to make sure they remember this was about to end.

@Neksja , @NanoMist , @grim , @TwentyMuleTeam , @maxicek , @Fabian , @Noodle : don't forget to send your results or inform me if you didn't play :)

I presume @Kitteh didn't run. Feel free to send your results if you did anyway!

EDIT: In all my RFL dictatorship, I decided that if there's people with the same points in top 8, that allows more people to reach the top 8. (instead of jumping to position 7 if position five was shared by two players.). Major spoiler: that might happen. I'm not sure yet.

Why? Simply because I find it funnier to give more ppl some points! IF there's some big opposition for that, I'm listening.

Last edited:

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
I completed only six hours in second set, with one qualifier. Lower score than first complete set, so I won't submit result (but will post in the results thread!). Good luck to anyone else still running (maybe if you live in Hawaii?).

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Also if anyone did happen to pop something from a Superchest, make sure to report it in the RoF superchest thread

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
@Grape results sent! Thanks for the first round, it was a lot of fun. Didn't have enough time to finish the second set, I finished with 13 hours on it, so I am slightly disappointed since I really wanted to see how many qualifiers in total I could find in 40 hours. Oh well, 33 hours is still quite a bit of running.

Really excited to see the results, I am confident I can land a spot in top8 but where?! Also, looking forward to Round 2 thread since I feel we should move all that Travincal talk there, so if any of us revisits the discussions later on, you can nicely find area related rune hunting discussion in it's RFL round thread :)

Spoiler alert, during 33 hours I found 34 Nef runes and none of those Nef runes was a Zod :(

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll open the signup later today!

EDIT: done. Will edit the opening post some more if necessary

Last edited: