Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2017 Winter RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: 1st Round

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Grape, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Welcome to the first RFL! This thread is for signing-up and talking about the first round of the RFL.

What is RFL?

RFL stands for Rune Finding League. RFL is a free for all rune finding tournament that has three individual parts. You can participate for every three round or pick only one or two.

During this contest we farm runes in various areas during 2 weeks periods, with a one week of rest between each round. Players get points based on rarity of the rune (not its level) and at the end each player posts top 5 highest scored runes to get the final score.

For the first round we run areas (list of areas under "rules for the 1st round"), second is about running Travincal Council Members and for the last round we run Cow level.

When is RFL?

• 1st round, "Areas" : 3.2. - 16.2.2017
    • 2nd round, "Travincal": 24.2 - 9.3.
    • 3rd round: "Moo Moo Farm": 17.3 - 30.3.

So, this first round starts on Friday 3rd February at 0.00 and ends on Thursday 16th February at 23.59

Sign-up is open for each round until the end.

General rules

These are rules that stand for all the three rounds. Specific rules for the first round are posted below

1. For each round, running time is limited to 20 hours of playing (when you mule to stash or in ATMA/GoMule, you can pause clock/counter/online stopwatch or whatever you use). However, when you finish your 20 hours of running, you can start a new batch of running which is again limited to 20 hours of playing. You can play as many batches as you want.

2. You are not allowed to start a new batch as long as you don't finish full 20 hours of the previous one.

3. Every batch is scored individually, and you will get points towards the league according to your best batch from each round.

4. Best batch is the one where your top 5 runes give the most scores. Scoring can be found below.

5. Screenshots of runes are not required, but I assume people would like to see them anyway. You are encouraged to post your findings...

6. ... but only after each round is finished! Don't post your qualifiers when the round is still going. You are warmly welcome to discuss your other findings however. But remember: Don't post your qualifying runes!

7. Runes qualified (giving scores) are all Pul+ runes.

8. Cubing runes into higher ones is not allowed. In other words don't cube Pul runes into Um to get a higher score.

9. Versions allowed: 1.13-1.14. Also version 1.07 is allowed, but I will add the scoring table for it later.

Specific rules for the 1st round:

You are allowed to run all the areas of the game (apart from banned; see below), but are strongly encouraged to run areas where Zod could actually drop.

Zod can drop from normal monsters when the area level is 81 or higher. You can check the area levels here.

Banned areas are:
    - Cow level
    - Travincal's and Durance of Hate level 3's Council Members
    - LK poppables and super chests (monsters allowed)

Scoring

Scoring is based on rarity of runes, not level. System is the same as we had earlier during RFOs and Zodthon. Combine the points of the top 5 runes from your best batch each round.

Pul 3.4
    Mal 5.0
    Um 5.1
    Gul 7.1
    Ist 7.5
    Ohm 10.1
    Vex 10.6
    Sur 13.7
    Lo 15.1
    Jah 18.3
    Ber 20.5
    Cham 27.5
    Zod 71.8 (not available for the 2nd round)

1.07:
    Um 13.4
    Mal 17.8
    Ist 26.8
    Gul 35.6
    Vex 53.4
    Ohm 70.6
    Lo 106.0
    Sur 142.3
    Ber 213.4
    Jo 284.3
    Cham 426.4
    Zod ?

Towards the whole competition, however, you will get points after each round depending on your placement.

Scoring towards the whole RFL:

After each round is done, you will get points toward the whole RFL depending your placement that round.

1st: 10 points
    2nd: 8
    3rd 6
    4th: 5
    5th: 4
    6th: 3
    7th 2
    8th: 1

And remember, only your best batch from each round counts.

While we crown every winner from each round, the biggest champion is of course the overall winner.

The Champion of the RFL is the player who has the most points given by placements total.

In case of a tie after three rounds, the winner is the one with a higher scoring rune from Cows. If that is a tie as well, we check the Travincal, and then areas. If all three are still the same, it's 2nd best from Cows etc.

Sending results

PM me your top 5 runes from your best batch. Please do this immediately after you have stopped running so that we can have results and standings after each round ASAP. Also PM me if you didn't run.

Your PM should include: five runes, five scores, and the total score.

Example:

1. Zod 71.8
    2. Cham 27.5
    3. Lo 15.1
    4. Lo 15.1
    5. Ist 7.5

total: 137.

After receiving your results, I'll make the results thread for each round. There you can brag about your runes, and also post screenshots of your top 5 runes, at least. This is not mandatory however. Claiming to have found 5 Zods may seem strange without screenshots though.

Prize

Eternal glory and the seal of approval from the Zod God.

Participants

-------------------------
    Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1
    Neksja
    Lynchgrinch
    Xios
    Burgomaster3
    NanoMist
    Gripphon
    ILikeRocks
    Tokerdin
    Pb_pal
    Brak
    PhineasB
    Grim
    TwentyMuleTeam
    maxicek
    mir
    Southpaw8668
    Fabian
    Noodle
    Chaostar
    DaveW
    ffs

DiabloTwoinDC (1.07)
    Pharphis (1.07)
    ----------------------------

Please state IF you are running 1.07.

There will be a sign-up and running thread for each round individually. This sign-up stands for "Areas" only.

Please post if you have comments or suggestions.

You are also warmly welcome to discuss your builds, running tactics etc.! Everything regarding the tournament in general.

Good luck and HAVE FUN!

P.S special thanks for @Gripphon , the former host of the RFOs and Zodthon. Scoring system and part of the thread formatting is copy pasted from those tournaments.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

To sign-up, put your name between the brackets and copy it into your post

Grape

Please state if you are running 1.07

3. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

To sign-up, put your name between the brackets and copy it into your post;

Grape
    Kitteh

Please state if you are running 1.07

4. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

To sign-up, put your name between the brackets and copy it into your post;

Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1

Cool !!! The hype is real !!! Still surprised about the Ber vs Jah value, as I have found far more Bers than Jahs in my D2 career.

One question about areas: do any qualifiers found from superchests in areas (for example the one in AT) count or not?

@Grape Thanks a ton for hosting this.

Good luck to all runners. I hope we'll have a lot of them :).

5. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

Code:
    Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1
    Neksja

I am in. Not as hyped as I was earlier, but that's because of that stupid death with my 99-runner in CS. Still haven't even launched D2 after that, but I'm sure I'll find the motivation once this one starts.

T72on1 likes this.
  6. Lynchgrinch

Lynchgrinch IncGamers Member

Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1
    Neksja
    Lynchgrinch

Verrrrrrrrry keen indeed! Bring the HR hype!!

T72on1 likes this.
  7. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Hype hype!

Welcome everybody! Great to see some sign-ups already! I also wish that we will have a big bunch participating. Don't hesitate to sign-up even if you can't make it a full 20h. More the merrier!

Pleasure is mine :)

I decided to allow them. If someone gets a surprise qualifier from those, then so be it. They shouldn't skew the overall results that much, if at all.

And on the other hand, if someone finds out that some kind of Act 5 chest/object running is beneficial for this, I'm happy to learn it this way.

I forgot about RoF superchests. Ban or not? Ofc the scoring isn't right to them and we don't know all the patterns yet... Was someone planning to run those?

T72on1 likes this.
  8. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I only meant superchests like the one in AT and Pits level 2. RoF superchests ... while I don't see anyone winning with them, they seem to defeat the purpose of this first round.

9. Xios

Xios IncGamers Member

I can't imagine I'll do more than a single batch on each with all the other things on the go, but I'll sign up anyways.

I'd probably wind up running those zones on someone eventually, best to give it an official reason.

Can always use the extra runes, right?

Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1
    Neksja
    Lynchgrinch
    Xios

T72on1 likes this.
  10. Burgomaster3

Burgomaster3 IncGamers Member

Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1
    Neksja
    Lynchgrinch
    Xios
    Burgomaster3

Now, what area am I actually gonna run? So many options (and not really that many when you think of it). '

Do I get bonus points if I run strictly Hole level 2 :D

11. Xios

Xios IncGamers Member

I don't know about bonus points, but I'd ship my praise that you're operating on a hole nother level from the rest of us, if that counts for anything.

Pb_pal likes this.
  12. NanoMist

NanoMist IncGamers Member

So hyped for this! Do I see a Mario Kart 7 scoring system?

Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1
    Neksja
    Lynchgrinch
    Xios
    Burgomaster3
    NanoMist

13. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

I don't really have strong feelings towards banning or not. Something in my gut says to ban them, maybe because LK superchests are banned as well? If it's up to vote, I am voting "Ban".

About my plan for the 1st round, I am wondering between full RoF+CS clears vs Nihlathak runs. I have a feeling that with only 20 hours, RoF+CS will be more efficient, especially if I can take out Hephasto relatively quickly as well. Btw, I assume we can split the 20 hours between various locations instead of just staying in one place, right? Might be a silly question, but just wanted to make sure, although I'll probably still spend it all in one place (and no, I most likely won't have enough time to do 2 sets of 20h ;)

Also, thanks for hosting @Grape!

14. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1
    Neksja
    Lynchgrinch
    Xios
    Burgomaster3
    NanoMist
    Gripphon

Pitjavazon reporting to duty. Hopefully still have a map on her, don't really want to roll for a new one.

15. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

I had planned on just submitting whatever I found whilst running RoF as part of this. I doubt I'd be competitive (I actually might not even have D2 access over this time frame), but if it's not something you guys want to have in the tourney that's totally fine.

16. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC IncGamers Member

I was planning on running RoF, but doing full clears not just superchests. Please let me know what the verdict is on this matter.

Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1
    Neksja
    Lynchgrinch
    Xios
    Burgomaster3
    NanoMist
    Gripphon

DiabloTwoinDC (1.07)

17. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

I'm not against those chests in RoF, would probably allow them if it means having another player. They are not really impressive at all to be measured to the regular area farming, though argument for banning is those chests have different drop rates and scoring as presented is not valid for them.

No surprise there since they are very alike in rarity, though Ber does have a massive edge because of LK.
    I'm pretty confident I've found more Chams than Bers outside LK (it is 1 Ber on like 8 Chams in Travincal at least in last 2 years or so), though am not entirely sure when it comes to comparison between Jah and Cham. Probably more Jahs.

They kinda messed rune rarities in zig-zag course ^^
    Though it is impossible to tell what is rarer based on experience, all those items are just too rare and it is mostly about luck. Only Zod is the real deal where you can really tell it is much rarer than the rest of the company while everything else can mix pretty much a lot.

18. ILikeRocks

ILikeRocks IncGamers Member

I'll do it, I have some time on my hands now since work has slowed down.

Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1
    Neksja
    Lynchgrinch
    Xios
    Burgomaster3
    NanoMist
    Gripphon
    ILikeRocks

DiabloTwoinDC (1.07)

19. tokerdin

tokerdin IncGamers Member

super excited ive been looking forward to this since the other thread started. I doubt i'll come anywhere near 20 hours which makes me wonder if i'll even have 5 qualifying runes lol

Grape
    Kitteh
    T72on1
    Neksja
    Lynchgrinch
    Xios
    Burgomaster3
    NanoMist
    Gripphon
    ILikeRocks
    Tokerdin

DiabloTwoinDC (1.07)

20. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

For areas, to answer the RoF question, I would like to run those superchests in 1.07 if that's legal. As stated in the other thread, as far as I know there is only one good pattern (vex) and a pul pattern. That's the best I've seen in thousands of runs

edit: I understand if this isn't reasonable given 1.07 runes score very highly. Guess it depends on the exact comparison. 20 hours still gives an expected value of less than 1 HR, as far as I can tell, though :p

If RoF superchests are not legal in 1.07, would A5 objects be legal at all? (non-superchests?)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017