2016 Winter Zodthon Sign-Up and Running Thread

Fabian

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going to whisper this to you, so no one else sees it:

Remove the Alma Negra and put that eth Reaper's in fifth (or more like third) place, you'll get more votes!

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going to whisper this to you, so no one else sees it:

Remove the Alma Negra and put that eth Reaper's in fifth (or more like third) place, you'll get more votes!
Really. Cool, I'll do that. Edit: at least if it's ok to change my list. If not, I'll revert it back to Alma Negra.

I didn't put them in a particular order, just put the best 5 in there. Should we have a nr.1, nr. 2, ... ?

Also, is it ok if we post a list with all the Hel+ runes we found during the Zodthon here either after the Zodthon finishes, or after the winner has been announced? I'd be curious to see what everyone got, and how much time they spent on it. Might be a way to learn more and increase my efficiency.

Last edited:

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry about the deeds. Yes, we can and will post stats after the event is finished.

T7, is your javazon's belt Razortail? Please say yes. If not, put it on instantly. The pierce is essential and something I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. We all probably just assumed you were already wearing it.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
No, it isn't. I'm using Thundergod's and high level pierce skill. So no 100% pierce, but somewhere in the high 80's iirc.

I didn't know which of the 2 to take, so asked about it on the Amazon Basin forums. Opinions were split between the 2, in the end I took Thundergod's.

Is it such a big difference?

Fabian

Diabloii.Net Member
As always, the answer is "try them both out and see which you like better". As it happens, I dusted off my old cowzon for the first time in years, going into this zodathon, and I asked on IRC "should I use Razortail or Thundergod's?" Consensus was definitely Razortail, and it did seem a little bit better to me, so that's what she's wearing now (even though I only played a Necro in the zodathon and didn't touch the Amazon). Maybe one is better than the other, I suggest trying it out and see what you like.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Just small detail: when posting top 5 items, you don't have to put every item in their own code bracket, you can post all 5 items in same code bracket.

Also placement of items does not matter. Important thing is it is there. Best item could be in fifth place as well as first, whatever best item for someone might be...

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, is it ok if we post a list with all the Hel+ runes we found during the Zodthon here either after the Zodthon finishes, or after the winner has been announced? I'd be curious to see what everyone got, and how much time they spent on it. Might be a way to learn more and increase my efficiency.
After results are posted you can post everything about your qualifiers, not before. We like hype moment when results are posted without knowing anything before that moment ^^

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
After results are posted you can post everything about your qualifiers, not before. We like hype moment when results are posted without knowing anything before that moment ^^
I understand, and am very much looking forward to that hype moment :).

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
Results sent in!

My top 5 items is not impressive at all. No godly charms to speak of. Oh well, that's what running with minimal MF will get you!

Code:
Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 188
Durability: 13 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xaafdb5ff
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+10% to Lightning Skill Damage
+137 Defense

Tomb Reaver
Cryptic Axe
Two Hand Damage: 100 - 459
Durability: 57 of 65
Required Level: 84
Required Strength: 165
Required Dexterity: 103
Fingerprint: 0x878840d3
Item Level: 94
+60% Increased Attack Speed
206% Enhanced Damage
+227% Damage to Undead
+311 to Attack Rating against Undead
All Resistances +38
10% Reanimate as: Returned
+14 Life after each Kill
71% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+4 to Light Radius
3 Sockets (0 used)

Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Mithril Coil
Defense: 145
Durability: 10 of 16
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0xb40e8c38
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+121% Enhanced Defense
+37 to Vitality
Replenish Life +10
+106 Maximum Stamina
Damage Reduced by 11%

Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One Hand Damage: 117 - 234
Durability: 15 of 24
Required Level: 72
Required Strength: 145
Required Dexterity: 45
Fingerprint: 0x545c2e35
255% Enhanced Damage
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cannot Be Frozen
5 Sockets (0 used)

Head Hunter's Glory
Troll Nest
Defense: 508
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 53 of 74
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0xf2dca40d
+348 Defense
+336 Defense vs. Missile
Fire Resist +21%
Poison Resist +34%
+6 Life after each Kill
3 Sockets (0 used)
Fun event though! Thanks @Gripphon for hosting, and thanks to @frozzzen for being supervisor! GL everyone, I'm excited to see the results from the cow runners.

EDIT: I realize there's still time to run, just not for me. I will be away from my screenshots this weekend too, so I figured I'd better get my results in now so I'm not holding anything up. :)

Last edited:

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
As always, the answer is "try them both out and see which you like better". As it happens, I dusted off my old cowzon for the first time in years, going into this zodathon, and I asked on IRC "should I use Razortail or Thundergod's?" Consensus was definitely Razortail, and it did seem a little bit better to me, so that's what she's wearing now (even though I only played a Necro in the zodathon and didn't touch the Amazon). Maybe one is better than the other, I suggest trying it out and see what you like.
I agree. I actually made my decision running Pindle. I tried a few cow runs with Tgods and switch back to Razortail. Surprisingly, 100% pierce it is even more noticeable running Pindle. With cows, and especially the big groups, it can be hard to tell. But in medium sized groups it is obvious, most of the time *wink. I was at 71 or 73% without Razortail.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
... 730 cow runs later I'm done with this. Results are sent.

For top5 I don't have much of a choice but to put charms in it. Jewels I found are bad, rings are also nobody's favorites, socketables are not that great, though there are some I appreciate. My top 5 is focused toward personal use.

Code:
Toxic Small Charm of Anthrax
Small Charm
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0xed2eece1
Item Level: 81
Adds 313 Poison Damage Over 11 Secs (275 Frames) 

Toxic Small Charm of Anthrax
Small Charm
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x1789cf06
Adds 313 Poison Damage Over 11 Secs (275 Frames) 

Serpent's Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x874a1aee
+59 to Mana
40% Extra Gold from Monsters 

Emerald Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x34c5ee8d
+19 to Life
Poison Resist +11% 

Shimmering Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x9bb4477c
+3% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +5
2 poison charms are by far my favorite finds this Zodthon, no question about that. They are super rare and for very specific usage. I have pvp poison barb who will welcome big upgrade in damage. Other than very specific usage, they are obviously useless. I don't care nevertheless.
GF/mana GC is perfect charm to get for goldfinder sorc. At least one of those is what she wants.
19/11 SC is pvp thing. Few life upgrade is there for me.
3/5 SC is for my pvp bowazon. Not exactly charm regular pvm-er would even look at, but I like the charm despite its very limited usage.

Tenecabo

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm afraid I have to pull out of this. Had almost no time to play due to a growing baby and overtime at work due to a colleague not pulling his weigth. Didn't really find anything anyway, but don't even have time atm to fire up my pc and get readouts. Good luck to you all, and I'll be there next time hopefully!

DaveW

Diabloii.Net Member
Garts on the Grail Griph. Awesome achievement. Here's my top 5.

Code:
Skullder's Ire
Russet Armor
Defense: 1002
Durability: 76 of 76
Required Strength: 87
Required Level: 42
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0x6fc1b716
+174% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
+60 Maximum Durability
+1 to All Skill Levels
1% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 5 seconds
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Athletic Circlet of Fortune
Defense: 30
Durability: 24 of 35
Required Level: 45
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0x419dee33
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+3 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Eagle Visage
Diadem
Defense: 53
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Level: 64
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x6c5c668c
+25 to Strength
+12 to Energy
+18 to Dexterity
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Havoc Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0xde626c8f
+7 to Dexterity
+6 to Life
+11 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 10%
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
10% Faster Cast Rate

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xc7cd9536
114% Extra Gold from Monsters
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 11%
And yep that Gheeds is hotmuled. The ammy I crafted after reading about the superiority of the 125 FCR Poisonmancer. Three attempts and wham, a 2/10. Lol. I know it's not a find but hey I did use ingredients that I found whilst running. A couple of nice Amazon hats in there but not sure of their use. Not the most godly of stuff but I did have a malware attack part way through the tournament and I was out of commission for about 4/5 days. Wasn't the same when I got back on my feet. Will mail rune stuff onto supervisor. If anything this tournament got me interested in outfitting my MF chars and learning to be more efficient. I am still far from optimal but I'm getting there. Thx Griphh for hosting and Frozzen for supervising.

Fabian

Diabloii.Net Member
I played more for this zodathon than any other SPF tournament in the last ~3 years, after the 2013 Winter MFO. It was fun, mostly thanks to the fact that CE Necros are a lot of fun to play. I had very bad rune luck, but found some very nice non-qualifiers, which is tough when you're a grumpy old man like me and are barely impressed by any items these days.

The first two items are super great, the other three aren't too shabby either.

Code:
#1 Which of the top two deserves first place is arguable, and someone on IRC said the Shimmering SC should be #1, but I'm a big fan of perfect rolls, and this is pretty terrific.
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x36e9b547
+15% Increased Attack Speed
40% Enhanced Damage

#2 Beautiful, pretty crazy to not have a charm like this in first place really.
Shimmering Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb44d079e
+18 to Life
All Resistances +5

#3 Very nice LLD charm.
Fine Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x14c73d30
+3 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
+14 to Life

#4 Too bad about the life roll, but it's still not bad.
Emerald Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb972391c
+16 to Life
Poison Resist +11%

#5 This would also be a lot nicer with a higher roll, but it's still usable (if pretty specific).
Ruby Jewel of Freedom
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xea12275
33% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -15%
Very happy with the top two.

Fabian

Diabloii.Net Member
Id' expect such troll comments from the croatian crowd or from nulio, but from you LC? I'm disappointed!

(it's white)

zticazzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Results sent. The whole experience was kinda meh, and all my runes were obtained from poppables. I mostly ran LK, so my top 5 is composed of stuff you can find there, but -oddly enough- none of the items came from special chests. Kinda monotonous chart since there are many resistances+life charms, sorry in advance but this is what I liked the most.

Code:
The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x1bf93c02
Item Level: 80
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
I start a new LK run session and the very first pop grants me this ring, cool story brah. Now I have 2 SoJs with the same graphics, the third one will be probably charsied - or used in that weird cube formula involving rare items and skulls, who knows.

Code:
Shimmering Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Fingerprint: 0xd7ea4bfb 
+19 to Life 
All Resistances +4
Almost perfect. Dropped somewhere in Act 5. I was taking a stroll around because of boredom, good thing the game knows when you're losing interest.

Code:
Shimmering Small Charm of Sustenance 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 25 
Fingerprint: 0x51b07da 
Item Level: 83 
+15 to Life 
All Resistances +4
Little brother of the previous SC, found in the Frigid Highlands probably.

Code:
Shimmering Grand Charm of Life 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 27 
Fingerprint: 0x4e9ae599 
Item Level: 80 
+19 to Life 
All Resistances +15
Popped in LK. There's a funny story about it: I was picking up GCs every now and then hoping to find a good shimmering + something else, but in the end I was always overburden so I went: "I seriously need to stop doing this. I don't want skillers, and the chances of finding a nice shimmering are too low to even care picking them up". As I was thinking this, I IDed the charm and giggled a bit :) Shame on life roll though, could've been better.

Code:
Chaos Touch 
Ring 
Required Level: 74 
Fingerprint: 0xe622a434 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
+71 to Attack Rating 
6% Mana stolen per hit 
8% Life stolen per hit 
+70 to Mana 
+1 to Light Radius
This is the best find of these two weeks. I was always drooling over fcr/dual leech ring readouts on the SPF, so when Grand Vizier dropped it during a completely unnecessary CS run I did, I was honestly shocked for a while. On top of perfect mana/life leech, this ring features a big mana bonus and a pinch of AR, which were exactly the other two attributes I was looking for. No resistances? Who cares, I'm filled with shimmering charms now! Best tele barb ring ever, period.

@Gripphon thanks for hosting and grats on the grail!
@Fabian nice jool there, excuse me but I hate you now.

EDIT: added readouts. ilvls of SCs indicate that they weren't found where I remembered, so I changed the description a bit.

Last edited:

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
@zticazzy

Sorry about inconvenience, but I'd have to ask for readouts of items as per rules. Don't you have atma/gomule to use them for that for this occasion?

zticazzy

Diabloii.Net Member
@Gripphon I don't like the idea of third party programs opening this char files, even for readouts, but I guess I can make a copy of the d2s, use GoMule and then throw the copy away. I hope I won't mess things up in the process.

Edit: added readouts. Took me a while to make that thing work in win 10, and I honestly dunno how I did it, but now it's done.

Last edited: