maxicek
Grape
bodry
XyleneCyanol
Noodle
Thyiad

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Adding Friiser to the list since he stated he is in.
RFO starts in 2 days, sign in people. 2 weeks is long period to squeeze some playing in.

-------------
zticazzy
Kitteh
maxicek
Grape
bodry
XyleneCyanol
Noodle
Thyiad
Friiser

zticazzy

Diabloii.Net Member
[...] Fortitude is one of those items who mislead in major way. People see that extra % damage and their eyes sparkle, but truth is not so bright in the end.
Does it mean that even a 40%ed jewel in a helm is a pretty poor improvement for killing speed?
Btw you should run too Gripph, maybe with some fancy builds just for fun (and to show us that you can win even with a naked zon).

maareek

Diabloii.Net Member
The thing about a jewel in the helm is: there's not much option. Yes an additional 40% on top of your 1500% will be nigh unnoticeable, but when the next most useful option is 24/25 MF, it sounds more interesting. Truth be told, for a dedicated Travincal runner you'd be most interested in putting a jewel with a Diamond prefix (whether magic or rare) in the hat for the extra damage combined with the AR (cause AR is still necessary against the 3 uniques, even with dual Griefs) but at the end of the day, no it doesn't really matter that much what you put in the hat, it's just that since there's so little in the way of truly useful options, damage is a fine choice. Note that I run a perfect topaz, but also note that I don't have a decent diamond jewel.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say that for barbs who don't have both War Travelers and Gheed, Topaz or Ist in helm is 10x better than anything else. Having ~150-170MF is very nice for Travincal, and that is my priority over damage any time. If barb has both War Travelers and Gheed, he can get in few MF charms and use damage jewel in helm.
If someone doesn't care about MF at all in Travincal, then he will miss a lot of what Travincal can offer, namely rare rings and facets along with some unique stuff or maybe more rare stuff (Enigma alone is fineish MF by itself, but still increasing it is much better). But people have different priorities, and mines are to get most important things for fast running and then bring MF up to some value before anything else. After that I improve stuff with jewels in helm, fancy maxers etc.

Also thing about those slight damage advantages is that they stack up. Jewel here, few better maxers etc and you get 10% damage improvement. That is unnoticeable and unimportant, but that is the way perfectionists would develop their characters.

Last edited:

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
RFO started. Have fun everyone.

Signed up:
-------------
zticazzy
Kitteh
maxicek
Grape
bodry
XyleneCyanol
Noodle
Thyiad
Friiser

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Well I have to say Pindle's drops are as bad as usual.

(He's an honorary member of the Council. :p)

Friiser

Diabloii.Net Member
1:50 in and my WD-40 trick worked. Knocked the rust right off and the council is getting WW'd to smithereens. Time for them to cough up some goodies!

No Enigma yet, so run times are probably around 50s to a minute. Yeah, not elite. I never was, never will be :)

zticazzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anybody (Gripphon) know how many runes are expected to drop each /p3 run if you kill the whole council? I think from my personal experience that it should be a number around 0.3-0.4 (~50% horking included).

Thyiad

Is /p3 the cool kids number now? I've been wandering between p1, p3, p5 and p7 depending on how awake I am.

Thyiad

Been so long on /p8 on Baal, I've forgotten any other number!