Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2016 Winter RFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Gripphon, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

RFO is back! Welcome to the Travincal RFO, Winter 2016. In this thread players sign-up and talk about RFO related stuff. Anyone can compete, it is not important are you HC, SC player or do you have or don't have trade profile. However if you don't have trade profile, you won't be able to get prize if you win (if there will be any).

What is RFO?
    RFO stands for Rune-Find-Olympics. As name states, here we hunt runes, the more the better! For Um+ runes you get points and winner is player who has most points.

When is RFO?
    Starts in monday 25th January at 00:00, ends in sunday 7th February 11:59pm.

News
    No more 1.07 Travincal. Reason? It is very imbalanced and is definitely NOT target for rune finding. Single drop can make you the winner, or most likely you won't be even a challenge for 1.13 combatants. So I've decided that everyone runs same target for better competitiveness.

Rules and info

1. Area we run is Travincal, in 1.13 version. Monsters we kill are known as Council Members: 3 bosses and their 8 minions. You can use any player setting and run at any way you like. This means you can combine running with more characters during same batch, you are not limited to only single character.

2. Running time is limited to 20 hours of playing (when you mule to stash or in ATMA/GOMULE, you can pause clock/counter/online stopwatch or whatever you use). However, when you finish your 20 hours of running, you can start a new batch of running which is again limited to 20 hours of playing. There is no limit to how many batches you can run, but no one did more than 3 so far (with total playing time of 60 hours).

3. You are not allowed to start a new batch as long as you don't finish full 20 hours of previous one.

4. Every batch is scored individually and will be included in final scoring.

5. Screenshots of runes are not required, however I assume you will take screenshots of runes for trading purposes anyway.

6. Cubing runes into higher ones is not allowed. In other words don't cube Pul runes into Um to get score.

7. Please please please don't reveal your qualifiers (Um+ runes) at duration of RFO. You can annoy and even demotivate other contenders. After RFO ends there will be thread about results of RFO and everything you found will be there. You may however talk about non-qualifiers all you want and you can give a hint how are you doing, but no concrete claims that everyone knows what you found.

Scoring

Scoring is based on rarity of the rune, so don't be surprised if lower level rune brings more points than some higher level rune. I took Mal rune worth as 5 points, so scoring of all other runes is based on that.

1.13 Travincal:
    Mal 5.0
    Um 5.1
    Gul 7.1
    Ist 7.5
    Ohm 10.1
    Vex 10.6
    Sur 13.7
    Lo 15.1
    Jah 18.3
    Ber 20.5
    Cham 27.5

All Um+ runes you find will be scored for the final score. So, if you find 10 Um runes in 20 hours of running, your final score will be 10*5.1=51.

Prize
    Eternal glory! There might be some symbolic prize though.

Lets see how many people are interested in RFO to get it going at the first place. You have 2 full weeks and 2 full weekends to run. Also below are links to previous RFOs.

Participants:
    -------------
    zticazzy
    Kitteh
    maxicek
    Grape
    bodry
    XyleneCyanol
    Noodle
    Thyiad
    Friiser

2015 Spring RFO Sign-UP and Running Thread
    2015 Spring RFO Results
    2014 RFO Sign-Up and Running Thread
    2014 RFO Results

Results of this RFO:
    2016 Winter RFO Results

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  2. Gripphon

To sign-up, put your name below Sign up brackets and copy it into your post.
    As for myself, I'm gonna just host RFO this time around and play some other time.

-------------

--------------

3. zticazzy

zticazzy IncGamers Member

-------------
    zticazzy

--------------

Not really into rune hunting lately, but RFOs are always fun, so I'll gladly join.
    Edit: my pc is now up and ready to start :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  4. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

-------------
    zticazzy
    Kitteh

--------------

5. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Good luck

6. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

-------------
    zticazzy
    Kitteh
    maxicek

--------------

Grip found all the runes he ever needs last time. I had better get map rolling, may try a sorc this time.

7. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

-------------
    zticazzy
    Kitteh
    maxicek
    Grape

--------------

Now I just have to decide the char and roll some maps.

8. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

I could probably burn 10 hours on this... The week before it starts. After that I have no time again. Good luck everyone.

9. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I am going WW to vaguely try and offset the fact that I pick up a lot of stuff :p

10. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

-------------
    zticazzy
    Kitteh
    maxicek
    Grape
    bodry

--------------

Zeal paladin this time, i'm bored with whirling.

11. zticazzy

zticazzy IncGamers Member

C'mon you thread lurkers, stop slacking around and sign up! :p

12. XyleneCyanol

XyleneCyanol IncGamers Member

-------------
    zticazzy
    Kitteh
    maxicek
    Grape
    bodry
    XyleneCyanol

--------------

I won't have enough time to complete one batch, but it is time to put my fresh new Death's Fathom in use:p

13. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

Is it possible to have decent runtimes on a Blizzard sorceress without Death's Fathom/Nightwing's Veil? I was thinking about a sorceress for the runs instead.

14. XyleneCyanol

I haven't really done proper comparison, as maps/gears keep changing. I remember with HOTO + Shako, I used to get 30 (35?? cannot remember) seconds at p3

Currently, I'm using a 14CDS Nightwing's Veil with +5/-4 facet + a plain 24CSD Death's Fathom + Snowclash + 6 skillers

Blizzard damage slightly over 10k, and ice blast damage 5k+

Run time is around ~23 seconds at p3.

There is still space for improvement by rolling a better map and using beta BKWB, which I don't have.

Maybe +3 Blizzard Ormus' is nice, but not sure about survivability, anybody tried it?? My current setup does not reach 105FCR, and using Arachnid gives 105 FCR and probably will be better, but I need to find time to sit down and do the test.

Reaching 18 seconds per run like Gripphon (if I remember correctly, his run time is ~18 seconds) is just impossible .......

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  15. XyleneCyanol

From last RFO: http://www.diabloii.net/forums/index.php?posts/8706092/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Gripphon

My runtimes are in 20 second range, last RFO 12k runs were in 20-20.5 second range (17.5-18 being pure running without visiting stash, and that shouldn't count). My absolutely best 100 runs effort was 19.127 seconds on 100 runs, and that is not maintainable over thousands of runs. So, ~20 is as good as sorc can go on a longer run, unless someone don't pick gems and stuff, he could go a second lower than that. But that is the limit. 20-23 seconds is excellent top tier playing of sorc.

Equipment is not that important, you could do ~22 with Hoto and stuff. Map is most important thing and if your minions are not all together to hit them almost all at once, you will lose several seconds just because of that. It's that simple, really. And that is most annoying thing about sorc, rolling her tier Travincal map takes time. Not too much, but could take over an hour-two (if it takes like 15 seconds to reroll a map. I'd suggest you check only maps with teleporting path south of "magical line" instead of checking everything since that particular path is superior to all the rest). Or 10 hours if your name is Maareek.

I've tested plenty of things with sorc, so just go ahead and ask stuff if you'd like.

EDIT
    magical line is explained in post below the post Xylene linked post up.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  17. Gripphon

Ormus could be used, but it is pretty much option only for Fathomless players, and even then I'd say it is inferior to CoH/Vipermagi/1.07 Ark. As tests show, blizzard damage is really not THAT important. There is literally no difference between 9k and 14k blizzard damage in speed of running (surprisingly).

I'd go 105 fcr over damage anytime, since 105 fcr is both speed and dps (static field and blast, right?). So if you don't have 105 fcr, but can reach it with using Arach, then use Arach. Overall it will be better in both dps and higher life/mana.
    Survivability is mostly about resistances and life, but resistances are more important. They are not hard to reach max anyway.

18. Gripphon

More info on sorcs. On each link is different equipment for sorc and some explanations. I think 1.07 Arkaine variation is missing. Early variants could be improved. Video of sorc is in fourth link.

Rising sun variant

Vipermagi variant

DPS sorc variant

AAAAND final and "ultimate" form of sorc

Importance of damage? Check this sorc out.
    That is goldfind sorc, but even with that kind of gear (click and chek out) she can do sub 22 sec running (tested) if not picking up gold. So, wazzup damage and resistances and everything! Her video is on next page of thread.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    XyleneCyanol likes this.
  19. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

(17.5-18 being pure running without visiting stash, and that shouldn't count).

lol

20. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

That "ultimate" variant is indeed so much sturdier than full dmg build. Running with it is way more enjoyable.

Without 2/10/@ amulet I used Mara's and one FCR ring. Works like a charm also.

So the best map for a sorc seems to be one where they all spawn on the very left side of the "balcony/terrace" or whatever it is called? That's good to note as I've usually run with a map where they spawn in the middle of that. That spot may sometimes let one or two loose even if you cast blizzard immediately when you arrive.