Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2015 Spring RFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Gripphon, May 6, 2015.

1. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

Oath also gives +attack and +damage vs demons, so once again the LCS will deny the truth. Running a lot of +skills helps too, I noticed swapping one of my Steel GC's with a skiller gave a net bonus. Diminishing returns on that, can't just run all skillers but swapping one helped.

2. zticazzy

zticazzy Diabloii.Net Member

One batch completed, quite good score. Yes, I would've won previous RFO once again.
    Here's the haul pic:
    [​IMG]
    Double Eld drop ftw.

Btw I got what I wanted from council, so I'm outta here. Good luck to the rest of you guys! :)

pharphis likes this.
  3. bodry

bodry Diabloii.Net Member

OMG, we have a winner here!

P.s.: seventh continuous hour without a freaking qualifier. This weekend sucks, and my batch hopefully ends today. I'm sure as hell, I won't start another one.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  4. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

I thought Zticazzy is like sure thing to go with at least 2 sets of running! So far I'm pretty certain for only 3 people that will actually do 2 sets.

5. zticazzy

The council has been kind to me, only one set was needed :) I will send results to maareek later.

6. Gripphon

Good good. Congratz on your find.

Speaking of finds, I get ridiculous amount of facets, found 11 of them in first set already, and 2 dropped in 1 hour of second set. If this keeps up, dis is gunna be gud!

7. Cyrax

Cyrax Diabloii.Net Member

Ok i'm curious. Who did you have in mind for 2 sets?

If you find that many facets you have too much MF! I have 5 so far. Unfortunately not the 1 facet i'm looking for.

8. Gripphon

LiquidClear, Zylo and me.

9. Cyrax

Anyone would've guessed you. ;) And sorry to disappoint you, but i just finished mine and i'm gonna try a second batch as well. Not sure if i'll be able to finish it, but we'll see.

Right after posting my 12,5 hr mark i hit another dry streak. So with 2 dry streaks it should be possible to beat my first session even without finishing a full second batch.

@People that finished their 20 hrs: How many runs did you do? I finished at 1.589 runs (50% hork). If i finish the entire second session i should be able to do a few more as my start was pretty crappy (didn't practise beforehand).

Also can we ban zticazzy? For having too much luck or something. :p

10. bodry

FInished my one and only 20 hour batch, managed to do 1763 runs. Will be sending the email to the grand jury. ;)
    Also my goal hasn't been reached. I'm burn out though, no more Travincal for me.

11. zticazzy

Made ~2080 runs, 34.5 avg time, 45% hork.

12. Cyrax

Holy smokes! o_O How on earth do you do that? I was feeling pretty good about my number and you just go about 1/3 over that. And where my average is 45 and change you shave off over 10 seconds on average?! After i got the right run counter i think my best run was 35.5 (couldn't tell after a while since i had to do a quick S&E which counted as fastest run). *faints*

13. zticazzy

Some hints:
    - find a good map where all the monsters are at the very end of the external left area, so they can't scatter around when you start to whirl;
    - 110 fcr on switch to teleport/hork faster (dual wizzy + fcr ring);
    - I didn't kill everybody! I made sure that at least 80-85% of them were down. Don't waste your time killing PI Ismail or those who weren't on ww path and still have full health, it's not worth it;
    - I was only after runes, so very little time was spent looking at non-orange stuff on the ground. I was just collecting blue jewels, yellow rings, golden jewelry, and some SCs;
    - monitor item drops while fighting, not after. I intermittently press Spacebar (more comfy than Alt key) when whirling, for example;
    - always go back to Pandemonium Fortress.

It's not rocket science, really. And remember: no Griefs were harmed during the making of this RFO! I used Beast + Rune Master instead.

14. Gripphon

I don't think leaving stuff alive is good idea for WW barbs in general, unless map is rather bad and minions are scattered around. The fact is you are not killing things and you deny hork to yourself by not killing them, so you lose a lot more efficiency than say sorc or something that doesn't have hork when they leave minions alive. Also I don't know did you ever experience dual Grief, but you kill everything with 2 or 3 WW pass, literally (ok ok, it's more like 4-5!). Idea is simply to roll map where minions are together in a way merc can curse majority of them immediately. Just WW pass through them back and forth and dual Grief will already kill like 80% of them. Another WW pass to kill remaining things alive.
    Skipping PI Ismail I can understand though, barb who is freezed could lose considerable amount of time to get rid of that thing.

@ Cyrax
    I'm not at all disappointed, I'm actually happy there are more people who go for second set.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  15. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I'm a little over 8 hours with 487 runs, pathetic haha
    I am enjoying the character though, so I'm not too fussed that he is far from competitive. A few facets for me too, but mostly crappy skillers... Plenty of amethysts though :D

16. zticazzy

@Gripphon Yeah I remember the uber power of dual Grief, but with less powerful weapons I prefer to leave Trav intead of spending my time trying to catch and kill the rest of them individually, this solution proved to be more enjoyable for my gaming experience. I don't know which weapons Cyrax is using, so I included this hint as well.
    And btw I was playing with ravenfrost on, so I am not exactly obsessed with efficiency at all costs.

17. bodry

So I'm the only one here whose barb wears a Cham'd Arreats? PI Ismail must feel the Berserk. :D

18. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I'm still only 5 hours in. oops

19. dave

dave Diabloii.Net Member

I just passed the 10 hour mark. Had a pretty good start but needless to say it didn't last and I have been having a long dry streak. Today has been a bit better, so my goal of not finishing last is hopefully still realistic, even though i might not have time to complete the 20 hours.

20. Cyrax

Let's see:
    - They're all in the upper room, unless i make a wrong teleport and don't go in a straight line
    - Dual wizzy, but no FCR ring
    - Everything dies
    - Not exactly the same list as yours, but i'm picking up very little as well
    - I'm checking while horking, not while whirling
    - Doing so.
    - Also using ravenfrost

Using dual BA griefs (ATMA bugged). No rocket science maybe, but still a very large gap. Perhaps i'm just not good enough. :(