Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2014 NFL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by TheDarkSide, Dec 28, 2014.

1. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

So it looks like the playoffs are set and we'll use this thread to bitch, bragg, cry, etc about your fav team winning or losing..

Here is the playoff picture as it stands right now:
    AFC
    1. New England Patriots (12-4)
    2. Denver Broncos (11-4)
    3. Cincinnati Bengals (10-4-1)
    4. Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
    5. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-5)
    6. Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
    Though the No. 6 seed was decided, there's still plenty on the line in the afternoon games. The Denver Broncos will try to secure the No. 2 seed with a win over the Oakland Raiders. Cincinnati can take that seed if it beats Pittsburgh and Denver loses. New England is locked in as the top seed, while the Colts would need a tie between the Bengals and Steelers to move into the third seed, so they're essentially locked in to No. 4.
    The loser of the game between Pittsburgh and Cincinnati will take the fifth seed. The winner will clinch the AFC North title when the two rivals face off on Sunday Night Football.
    NFC
    1. Seattle Seahawks (11-4)
    2. Detroit Lions (11-4)
    3. Dallas Cowboys (12-4)
    4. Carolina Panthers (6-8-1)
    5. Green Bay Packers (11-4)
    6. Arizona Cardinals (11-4)
    Still alive: Atlanta Falcons (6-9)

The Panthers vz Atlanta game is still going and the winner get in, loser goes home....

=====================

Im hoping as a Cowboys fan that the Packers win and force the Lions to come to Dallas for our divisional playoff game...

2. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Nice to see another Cowboys fan. Definitely a good look for our game next week with the Lions falling apart yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how Rodgers' health develops as we may have to play the Pack eventually.

3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I didn't see the Lions falling apart yesterday. Special Teams had a bad game, they gave up a TD and kept giving the Packers good field position. They need to play better than they did yesterday to win a road playoff game, no doubt about that.

I think Rodger's calf can definitely be an issue, but he's still pretty good even hobbling around on one good leg.

4. TheDarkSide

Sure didn't see the arse whopping the Panthers threw on Atlanta coming so they are in and the Falcons go home. Was REALLY hoping Ndumbakong Suh was going to be suspended for smashing A Rogers leg yet he won his appeal and pays 70k BIG DEAL and he gets to play vz Cowboys..

so here we go, let the games begin !!!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/scoreboard/

5. TheDarkSide

6. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Pretty crazy weekend. One thing I noticed (didn't watch or follow the Colts/Bengals game) was that all of these games looked pretty sloppy. A lot of mistakes and bad handles (especially on special teams) and penalties that made it possible for either team to come out on top.

Cowboys escaped and of course there will always be questions about that picked up flag (it was definitely pass interference), but on we go. Next weekend ought to be fun. There was a great statistic thrown out that all of the teams that had byes have championship winning QBs at their helm.

7. TheDarkSide

Yea the flag they threw on roughing the kicker was BS too but that didn't happen. I saw so many flags that should have been thrown, the refs were horrible.. Alas it is what it is.. ON to next weekend, I was worried I was going to be putting Detroit vs GB today. Sorry Zappa, Im betting you are mad at the game results today...

Afc
    1. New England Patriots (12-4) vs 6. Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
    2. Denver Broncos (11-4) vs 4. Indianapolis Colts (11-5)

Nfc
    1. Seattle Seahawks (11-4) vs 4. Carolina Panthers (6-8-1)
    5. Green Bay Packers (11-4) vs 3. Dallas Cowboys (12-4)

8. TheDarkSide

IM using my Mojo early to see if we can get a win !!!

YAR !!!

Attached Files:

ZappaFan likes this.
  9. ZappaFan

Actually that was a good call when they called the Cowboys for running into the kicker. It was the 5 yd. version, roughing the kicker is 15 yds. The one they missed is that it should have also been called on the Lions later in the game, almost exact same play and they didn't toss a flag on it. You can get that called just by being on the ground under the kickers feet when he tries to land after punting the ball unless you were there because you were blocked to the spot by the kicking team.

Aahzmadius likes this.
  10. TheDarkSide

That's what I was trying to say but I was in a drunken stupor I think and I wasn't clear. The Cowboys got called for it and the Lions didn't. I wanted to watch the game again but erased it from my Dvr...

11. TheDarkSide

12. ZappaFan

That article doesn't say only 2 that helped the Lions... (don't forget the missed unsportsmanlike call on Dez). There were a bunch of missed calls both ways, it wasn't "7-2". Water over the damn, spilt milk, blah blah blah. Cowboys advance Lions go home. I'm ready for Pitchers & Catchers (although suddenly the Pistons are hot maybe they've be worth paying attention to soon).

13. TheDarkSide

I feel for ya Zappa the Loins have sucked as much or more than the Boys have and its a crazy feeling I have again about this weekend. With Rogers bum wheel, our ability to get a lead or come back, and the whole Wefense thing happening in Dallas, Im really pumped for this game Sun. I cant wait to watch all the games, somehow when ya have a team in the hunt it does make football more interesting. Just cant wait really - GO COWBOYS !!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  14. TheDarkSide

Is it SUNDAY yet ????

Attached Files:

15. TheDarkSide

16. TheDarkSide

Pathetic call just came in for the Cowboys. That was absolutely a catch by Dez and we should have won this game.. Guess payback from the Detroit game was in full force... Fking retarded NFL , what ever !!!

17. TheDarkSide

Congrats NFL you blew another crutial call this time on the Cowboys.. was absolutely a catch at the 1 yard line// F the Packers and hope they get destroyed at Seattle next weekend,,,,

18. ZappaFan

Have a tough time seeing how that's not a catch... but then again I felt that way when that happened to Megatron, too.

19. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

""If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."

When you review what happened on the fateful play at Lambeau Field, you see that Bryant leaped over Packers cornerback Sam Shields to grab a 31-yard pass from quarterback Tony Romo. Bryant took two steps toward the goal line as he stumbled to the ground.

After he landed on the ground at the Packers' 1-yard line, the ball moved as it contacted the ground. Bryant rolled over, regained control after it had touched the ground and stood up. As referee Gene Steratore saw during the ensuing challenge, the play precisely mirrored the rule. By definition, the ball touched the ground before Bryant regained control. With depressing clarity, the pass was incomplete by NFL rules. "

20. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

According to the rules, it clearly wasn't a catch. Sorry.