200fcr pvp fire sorc, advice please

Stevomoo

Diabloii.Net Member
200fcr pvp fire sorc, advice please

hi all i have read the guide and am making 200fcr fire sorc.

my equip at the moment is
3fire 20fcr helm with 2 sox
skin of vipermagi
spirit
hoto
aracknids
magfists
2 fcr rings
15+ fcr ammy with soso skills (hopfully my best so far is 10fcr so i may have to use wizz spike)]
eth treks
how does that sound, most of it is fixed but what should i fill the holes with, i wass thinking res jools (hopefuly with fhr) would anything else be better?

also es or vita, there is alot of descusion of this in the guide, but i am undecided. if anyone has a 200fcr sorc with or without es please tell me your skill layout what u prebough with and how effective it is.

Huplet

Banned
Re: 200fcr pvp fire sorc, advice please

I have a 200/142, gear as follows:

2/20/str/life (Shael)
2/20 Sorc Ammy
Vipermagi
Spirit
Hoto
Spider
Magefists
FCR/STR rings
Etreks

I'm pure vita. Charms are 5 Lifers, 4 FHR GCs.

Your res will probably be a bit low. If you want to shael your vipermagi, that leaves you the option of 2x 15/7's in the circlet.

Skills:

Max FB, Bolt, Meteor, Mastery
1 point prereqs, teleport.
Rest Hydra

I think my FB damage is 20-23k, and it works beautifully.

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

How does dual spirits work in the field of 200 FCR? You will need a 2/20 circlet and amulet, but with treks you get 130 FHR, so 142 FHR is gotten with just one FHR GC, rest can be vita which gives you more life than Hoto?

Huplet

Banned

Yeah, actually, I'm considering swapping from hoto to spirit, allowing for more life.

The all res from hoto is the only real reason it's not an easy switch. Depending on your res (which might not even be that important to this kind of character), you could go either way.

Stevomoo

Diabloii.Net Member

thanks for the advice people my fire sorc is now up and running, not sure how i managed but with all my kit on i had max resists so i have shael'd all my holes and have 1 fhr skiller with the rest life.

What is good life i hit just over 2k with bo is that ok?

and for pvm which merc is best with fire sorc with my tele speed i think holy greeze is a waste, so i was thinking either might to speed up killing of immunities or defience for survivability. hit kit will be andys face eth fort sacred armour and infinity,

Will infinity without any -fire res on my char break immunities?

Edit: and thanks mephiztophelez but i alrady read that quality look at fire sorcs, that was what got me making one. i have been trying your cloud of fire and dam its hard i just end up spraying them everywhere i need some practise i think

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

What is good life i hit just over 2k with bo is that ok?
thats a pretty solid effort. hitting 2k with this build isn't easy.

my sork just scraps over 2.6k (and thats at lvl97...)

and for pvm which merc is best with fire sorc with my tele speed i think holy greeze is a waste, so i was thinking either might to speed up killing of immunities or defience for survivability. hit kit will be andys face eth fort sacred armour and infinity,
hmm, i like holy freeze myself, but i suppose a Might merc would be the next choice if you don't want a holy freezer.
Edit: and thanks mephiztophelez but i alrady read that quality look at fire sorcs, that was what got me making one.
:highfive:
booyakka!

i have been trying your cloud of fire and dam its hard i just end up spraying them everywhere i need some practise i think
try with 2 fb's when you start, i go 2-3-2 these days. seems to keep 'em together better.

but yes, it takes a little practice.

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

Infinity won't break much fire immunes. But for the ones who aren't immune, you'll absolutely waste them.

Stevomoo

Diabloii.Net Member

i have found that infinity is wasted, anything not fire immune goes down in seconds anyway, has anyoine tried tomb reaver on merc it had no aura but i think it would be a sick merk stick (but my wolf will be sad)

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

If infinity is wasted then I would go for a Reaper's Toll, holy freeze + decrepify makes them nice and slow to be slaughtered by FB.

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

my sorks merc kit:

poker: e-Obedience or e-Insight (mine happen to be Cryptic Axes)
armor: gladiators bane
hat: vamp gaze

that merc can solo it's way through 8-player Lister & Co (with some judicial Static and Glacial Spiking from mah sork obviously)

while levelling from 95-97, i borrowed a mates infinity stick. it does help a bit, but isn't the "free-ride-ticket" that it is for lit sorks.

Niklet

Diabloii.Net Member

Why not infinity over obedience?

I've seen your sorc, it's not like you can't afford it.

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

Why not infinity over obedience?
partly because i dislike using duped runes and try to avoid it where possible. partly because i find the e-obedience does a nice job on the fire immunes (with some static and glacial)

I've seen your sorc, it's not like you can't afford it.
and it's partly because i'd rather spend my supposed e-wealth on better charms for pvp than on a PvM item.