Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

200fcr barb possible?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by DIEnamic, Sep 16, 2006.

1. DIEnamic

DIEnamic IncGamers Member

200fcr barb possible?

while browsing one of the warcry barb guides I noticed that he mentioned 200fcr while not sacrificing tele from enigma, but he never explained the gear setup required for it. how is this possible?

unless caster amulets go up to 20% fcr I dont see how he did this.

100% x2 wiz spikes
    20% x2 fcr rings
    20% arach
    20% circlet
    10-20% amulet?

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

You forgot gloves, 20%fcr. (magefists/trangs).
    Amulets can give up to 20%.

3. DIEnamic

whoops yeah gloves for sure, but are you sure about amulets reaching 20%? are they expensive? cause I have never even seen one over 15%

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I'm quite sure they can reach 20fcr. I've seen at least with 18, and I've heard of several 20's. They'll get really expensive if you want one with +2barb/good stats, thats for sure!

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I've had a 200 fast cast singing barb - a lot of fun, he could tele to the throne like no one's business, though his damage even with skillers struggled to get over 1.5k. But that's just singers.

I've since scrapped him, as I needed his gear for other chars, but I do still have his helm if anyone happens to want to trade for it. 2/20 with resist all, on east nonladder.

6. DIEnamic

I'm assuming you had a 20% fcr amulet then, how much did you pay for it?

7. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Likewise. I used a duped amulet on mine (Armageddon Fletch) because a legit one will cost you nearly three times as much as a dupe.

It's very funny seeing a barbarian teleport faster than a sorceress...unfortunately, most of his equipment (including a +2 barb/20 fcr/15 all res circlet) got stolen a while ago.

8. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I made it myself, with the caster amulet formula. However, it wasn't a very good one - it had one minor resist (like 14% fire... like you're worried about that on a barb using dual wizzys though!), and 20-something mana. Possibly +1 passive zon skills or something equally pointless. It was purely for the fast cast.

::Edit:: For those who are curious, caster amulet formula is ral + pamethyst + jewel (any jewel works) + magical amulet. To get the end level of the amulet, you do this :

Take the item level of the amulet, divide it by two. Drop any remainder.
    Take the level of the character crafting the amulet, divide it by two. Drop the remainder.
    Add these two numbers together for the final level of the amulet.

Now, the item level of the amulet is the difficult part - if you find a blue amulet with +2 to a class's skills (the whole class, not a tree), you know it's at least level 90, because that's the level an amulet has to be to get that mod. Meaning any character of level 90 or higher can craft that amulet into a caster amulet, and end up with level 90 on the final craft.

Why is level 90 so important? The final amulet has to be level 90 to be capable of getting +2 to class skills, that's why! Anything less than that and you can't get +2, which cuts into the potential money you can make off of these. There are two relatively easy ways to ensure you have a 100% chance of getting a level 90 craft.

#1 - Find a +2 class skill blue amulet, and get a level 90 character. Craft that amulet on that character.
    #2 - get a character of level 93 or higher, gamble an amulet with him/her. Craft that amulet with that character.

Using either of these methods will guarantee a CHANCE at +2 skills. Any crafted amulet can get up to 20% fast cast, because of the natural 5-10 and the ability to get the level 1 mod "of the apprentice".

9. DIEnamic

thx thats really gonna help me out :thumbsup:

does a level 90 char have chance of getting a decent amulet with 20% fcr? I'm not sure I can keep myself sane baaling to 93.

10. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

as said above if you use method 1 then 90 is all you need (this way is rubbish in reality tho imo)
    if you use the gamble method then not all have a chance of +2 skills (half as many as with 93 and you dont know which ones) but still all have a chance for 20fcr (20fcr is a very low level)
    if you have a friend at 95 then you could always get them to gamble amulets for you and you can craft them on lvl 90 that would work too.

11. comicalflop

comicalflop IncGamers Member

I myself am making a MF barb on ladder that combines a BvC style with typical whirlwinding. He'll have arachnids belt and on switch a wizardspike and a hoto, so that he reaches the 105% FCR. with an insight merc he'll teleport anywhere as fast as a normal sorc without mana problems, while having a more durable character and arguably faster killing speed with classic barb MFing.
    gear: (took me awhile to figure this out)
    Enigma
    Last Wish BA
    beast BA
    Wizarspike/Hoto switch
    Dracul's
    Arachnids
    War Traveler
    Imb Brow (mana leech needed, this ammy the best)
    Ravenfrost/SOJ (not 100% sure, but raven needed and other ring undecided)
    Barb Torch, Anni, Gheeds

Last Wish/Beast is I guess th best combo for PvM/MFing, vs. Grief/Beast or Grief/BotD because Last wish's might aura, Crushing blow and slight MF make it better. and reaching ias BP's is not as important because it's not pvp.

Skills
    20 BO
    20 Whirlwind
    20 Axe Mastery
    20 Concentrate/War Cry(undecided)

you can kill monsters fast with high damage, CB, and war cry to stun, kill bosses very easy with high CB, reaches MF very eay with teleporting, Find Item skill si good, and the common MF areas don't have many (any?) phys immunes

12. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Never, ever use LW on a BvC. It's too slow. EBotdZ + BeastZ will do WAY more damage over time, and EBotdZ will let you use 2* ravens and a Highlord's wrath.

Lw frames: 8, 16, 24, 32, 40.
    Damage: 10229.3625

EBotdZ frames: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40
    Damage: 31740.0937

GriefZ frames: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40
    Damage: 46121.8

Only counting in DS and CS in case of GriefZ, as it has 20% DS on it's own. Now, EBotdZ does 210% more damage than LW (meaning triple) over a simple time of 1.6 seconds of constant whirling. Now, if you multiply that by 10 to be 16 seconds. Then the difference is already 200 000s.

13. comicalflop

I am not using LW zerker for the damage. I am using it for the weapon's stats. You keep having a pvp frame of mind- keep in mind, PvM and MFing= different needs, using Botd is overkill LW gets the job done while providing more effects that help my build

60-70% Crushing Blow-essential for beating bosses
    lvl 17 might aura (combined with Beast's Fanaticism, makes Merc stronger who has insight, one of the weaker damage polearms with LW might will make him better I could use a might merc but then I don't get Holy Freeze) more party friendly with 3 auras for party members
    MF% (0.5% per level? I'm not sure but this barb will have more than 200% MF but the MF on LW helps)
    CTC Life tap make draculs useless, but unfortunately draculs is the best because of it's other mods, but this makes life tap occur very frequently.
    CTC Fade- DR, resists, as opposed to builds relying on the prebuff with treachery armor this CTC occurs more frequently and no change of armors
    IAS I'm not caring too much about to hit last BP this is not PvP Holy Freeze +Ravens +War Cry makes monsters slow already, I'm not trying to deal most amount of damage in least amount of time

14. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Not needed and is overkill. I've done PvM with very low Crushing blow. If you worry about CB, get Goblin Toes.

You can use a might merc with a Doom polearm? Or a Doom on your barb.

Draculs is good enough.

Neither is essential for your PvM survibility.

More damage over time -> more monsters killed in a shorter time -> more chance of getting a good item in your case.

15. comicalflop

I don't have crushing blow in any of the rest of my equip, nor do I have the room for it. Beast has 20%- I thought at least 33% is needed for PvM.

Holy Freeze and meditation is better on merc than relying on a might merc with Doom- that means no meditation, and I want the merc to benefit from two of my offensive mercenaries rather thand spend on him for one of them. Doom on my barb- Doom really will not help wearing it. actually... I'll look into it, but the cold damage is negligable, there is some OW and DS on it... and 45%ias... but No CB... If i really choose to not use LW than it will be a tie between Grief or Doom. Doom has 45% ias-Beast has 40% plus fanat- is this enough for last BP on whirlwind? better than hoping for 34+ias on grief

Draculs is enough- but I've noticed a life tap CTC happens more often with LW, and is a higher lvl casted.

My gear has only 10% dr from shako- DR is needed, and resists stack because I don't know if I'll have full resists (only when switched to wiz/hoto). Plus a faded barb never looks bad

Yes, however I was making the point that you're making damage/speed comparisons as if I was playing PvP. I care about speed in PvM- but not the full mechanics of it. LW, from what I've seen in PvM is fast, fine, does the job, and has the mods I'm looking for. I will look at Doom as a possible replacement, or grief (more likely Doom) but Botd I'm not considering because I just changed imb brow to something other and am picking up a mana leech/MF ring Beast Circle instead.

I could put Duress and Guillames face on my merc- then he loses 65 resist and LL% and DR.maybe just Guilammes, but still no LL..

16. drachedrache

drachedrache IncGamers Member

i think i'ma hafta agree with ce olba on this one (not that i'm real qualified or anything). last wish is just wayy too slow for whirlwind, even for pvm. while it has some sweet mods, lifetap doesn't trigger off whirlwind (for the record) so i don't see how it's relevant, unless you're stopping to doubleswing/frenzy some guy...anyway it's entirely possible to rock pvm with just 10% ll. since botd is way faster (and similar damage per hit) you'll end up leeching more during whirls and stay alive longer.
    but i can't leech bosses, drache! so use pots, it's pvm.
    good luck with the build, though, either way i'm sure you'll have fun.

17. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

Or take a griffons eye and a 15fcr amu

18. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Use a Guillaume's face instead of Arreat's. And Goblin Toes. Then you got 60% CB on BOTH weapons.

Beast and Doom hit the LWBP in a BA. I will show you something:
    See? Both Beast and Doom do more damage than your LW. And I'm counting perfect items and lvl 91. Heck, even a DeathZ does more than a perf LW.

Even EBotdZ does almost triple LWs damage.

EBotdZ gives you ~10-15% LL, which along with Dracul's is by far enough for all your PvM needs.

Your barb does not need DR% in PvM. If you worry about getting owned via physical opponents, use Howl, it makes them run away so that you can beat or not beat them up. As for resistances: Natural resistances. Also, you do not necessarily have to have all resistances 75. I suggest Fire and Light 75, others can be made up via gear (ravens>cold, poison is not a threat anywhere outside of Lilith, and lifetap>Lilith).

I'm NOT comparing PvP damages. There's no .17 multiplier there. And the comparison I quoted into this post is over 1.6 seconds CONSTANT whirling, which is almost never done in PvP, but is more common in PvM.

2* Amn eth Bonehew and your own lifetap. With taunt your merc can be godly. My own PvM wolfs merc has like 50 all res, 2* amn bonehew and he survives in travincal due to my wolf's lifetap. And my wolf is pretty unkillable there. Oh, his gear:

Wolfhowl *flawless ruby*
    Enigma AP (a mule character)
    +15 all res jewelled Azure
    Stormshield 38% ed jewelled
    Goldwrap or arachnid's
    draculs
    infernostrides or goreriders
    dstar
    rfrost
    highlord's wrath
    2* ali babas

He is packed with +gf% GCs. He also has 2* life/ar GCs and a wc skiller. He is a GF barb.

19. comicalflop

I'm agreeing with a few points here, and disagreeing with others. I'll address some/most.

Keep in mind- MF character, I am keeping MFing in mind as well as some general PvM play

I am switching to Doom, and using a might mercenary. I am totally in agreement with this. I'll not have as much CB as I initially wanted, but with Doom, Beast, and whatnot it's prolly overkill and MFing im prolly gonna do 1 player most of the time.

whirlwind does not trigger life tap? I thought it did, I may dump a few points in frenzy or concentrate against bosses but I like War cry (I made a singer in 1.10 he was terrible) Maybe war cry is overkill for stun if so then points in frenzy or concentrate?

Griffon's +fcr ammy= bad idea, griffons offers nothing besides 25 fcr and 1 skill and my FCR needs are met by arachs, wiz/hoto on switch to reach 110% FCR. Hoto instead of double wiz because of the extra 3 skill for prebuffing, I'd use another Hoto but i need 5% more FCR. since i switched my amulet maybe I could use a FCR barb ammy, with skills and good stats, but on ladder a good barb FCR ammy is surely VERY hard to find. if i can get my hands on one then 2xhoto it is. You might be on the right track, there are barb circlets that can get godly with FCR- i had one nl, mods would probably be 2 skill, FCR, life/mana, 2 os for topazs/ums +str not needed cuz of torch, anni, and enigma

Guillames- I need shako for +2 skills, mana/life and 74% MF. I don't have MF weapon switches, so this is a little change in barb tactics meaning I can't load a good portion of MF on switch, meaning I have to use shako, enigma and gheeds and war traveler for good MF over 200%. (228ish% with those 4 I think?)

The Merc NEEDS insight. Teleporting without it is going to be near impossible otherwise. I'm going to be pumping vitality and maybe some strength, with 1 pt. per energy only a singer benefits from points in energy. I am going to not have a sorc's warmth or high mana pool, so insight is essential for the teleporting i'll be doing in PvM and MFing. Any BvCers know of how many constant teleports they can do in PvP before running out? The merc's insight means gaze is essential for LL. I might have him wear Guillames, but he'd die quickly which is no good.

I'll not wear GF items at all, I know GF is helpful but I do not find it profitable seeing as when I MF in hell i find items that sell for 35k all the time, and once I reach max gold amount in stash and max in inv, i gamble until my inv is dry and then do more MFing to fill it up.

I'm relle looking foward to this build, it's relle unique a few months ago I posted about a BvC doing MF and everyone laughed at me, now that I have ladder acces to better gear it seems more feasible and possibly a fun MF build, I might write up a guide for it and see other ppl's opinions, but maybe i should play it first before writing a guide but it'd be a change from all the cookie cutter stuff

20. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Whenever you need to lifetap, use conc to trigger it.

You can get the MF from your switch (why not use one?) or your charms. +2 Skills does pretty much nothing. The +life/mana does not get multiplied by bo, so it's useless.

ML>insight. I've been teleporting a LOT with my Zealot. He is completedly geared towards ubertristing with no +mana, but he has some little ML, so he can just zeal once and have full mana again. Same with WW. 1 ww and that's it.

Oh, and just to point out: I played PvM for 2 years, mainly Hammerdin and Barbarian. WW barbarian that is.