2007 draws near: How far or close are you to getting what you hoped for in 2006?

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
2007 draws near: How far or close are you to getting what you hoped for in 2006?

With just a few weeks left until the new year, how far or close are you in getting what you hoped or aspired for in 2006?

In January 2006 I prayed so hard that this year I will have a breakthrough in the "enlightenment process". I got a curveball in the shape of a marital separation, and now I'm starting to see that it has been the greatest wake up call that I know will bring the best of times ahead.

Please share with us the aspirations that you had hoped for this year and if you've actualized them or not.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
I hope to get into college on December 15th.. or else i will have unleash my other applications on the 31st.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
continue wandering aimlessly in grad school hell looking for motivation to do something with my worthless degree

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
I had sincerely hoped to find direction concerning where I wanted to work in the church. I'm closer in the sense that I've discovered more and more of the church world in which I do not want to work, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think it was about resolutions so much as hopes.

I had sincerely hoped to find direction concerning where I wanted to work in the church. I'm closer in the sense that I've discovered more and more of the church world in which I do not want to work, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.
I hear the Holy Office of the Inquisition is a sweet job, Ratzinger seemed pleased with it anyway...

Lord Nyax

Banned
I began this year hoping that Google would take over the net (the first step on their eventual plan of World Domination)...they barely even started...:disappointed:

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Let's see...in 2006: I graduated from college, spent 5 months interviewing and applying for jobs, finally took a job as a wireless engineer (WiFi) in Burlington, VT, found a great and affordable condo on the lake with solid roommates, and as of 3 months at the job I'm already looking at my first raise/promotion. The only thing I haven't got around to doing is taking my CCNA and CCDA tests, I've just been too busy at work.

Not bad, I'd say. Maybe with this much of my life in order I can start cutting back on drinking, and starting up the workouts I haven't done since I left the free gym at college. Then maybe I can try to find some friends or even lady friends in the area.

ael

Diabloii.Net Member
I didnt realy have any specific expectations for 2006, but '05 was straightout horrible. '06 was definately an improvement as far as my personal and public life goes.

Lazer LXXVII

Diabloii.Net Member
I hoped that i could drastically improve my grades in my senior year of high school. I did improve just a little bit, not what i was hoping for...

Talga Vasternich

Diabloii.Net Member
With 26 days to go, my one hope for 2006 is going well... and that was to see 2007.
:fortuneteller: 2007 will have the same hope, (except +1).:fortuneteller:

Empired

Diabloii.Net Member
2006 was the best year of my life so far.

I graduated from high school, went to South America for three weeks, spent a month in Senegal attempting to learn French, turned eighteen, started my freshman year at McGill in Montreal, and met some of the closest friends I've ever had.

The only downsides are: 1) my grades leave a lot to be desired, even after putting in at least fifteen times the effort I ever did in high school, and 2) between Senegal and massive amounts of (legal!) alcohol, I have almost no money left at all.

caddad

Diabloii.Net Member
With 26 days to go, my one hope for 2006 is going well... and that was to see 2007.
:fortuneteller: 2007 will have the same hope, (except +1).:fortuneteller:
Same here. Nearly there.

I also hope for lots of sex, but I don't think I need to actually mention that.

-D2netDad