Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2005 NBA Finals Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mhl12, Jun 14, 2005.

?

Who uses the hole in the front of mens underwear?

1. Yes, i prefer to pee through the hole

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, i would rather not mess with the hole and whip down my pants like the best of em'.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. There's a hole in the front of mens underwear?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

2005 NBA Finals Thread

Well, I'm quite surprised that no one posted a thread about this yet especially what happened last night in game 2 when the Spurs totally owned the Pistons the whole game.

So who do you people favor in this series? And do you think that the Pistons have a chance now since they are going back to their home court on Tuesday? Post your thoughts and ideas here.

...yay!! Go Spurs.. lol

2. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

i haven't watched basketball games for a long time now and i have no idea who are the leaders now. anywho i voted pistons cause i liked them more than spurs before.

3. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Spurs, but one way or the other its boring and ugly. I would rather watch wnba than pistons brawlball.

Garbad

4. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

No one's posted anything because no one's watching the snooze fest that is the Pistons vs the Spurs. Ugh, what a horrible series.

I'm not saying they aren't good teams, I'm not saying defense isn't a good quality, I'm just saying that both teams are so goddamn BORING.

My kingdom for a Suns vs Heat final.

5. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Let's just say that the whole Pistons team had better have had bad suchi or something before those two games to make them perform so badly, or else they're looking at a good chance of getting sweeped...

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i would've said pistons before what happened.

now i say spurs. ^^

7. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

Well I don't really see how this series is so boring. I mean the Spurs and the Pistons are both ranked as the top defensive teams in the league (althoug the Pistons have not been showing that lately). True, the Pistons may be hotheaded but they proved that can play ball as seen in last year's finals when they ended the Laker dynasty.

8. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

what he said. =o they are doing the 2-3-2 series now right? i think it'll be intresting to see how things turn out back in san antonio in the last 2 games if detroit can hold out.

9. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Again, I didn't say that either team was bad or that they didn't deserve to be there. They're just two boring teams because they have no exciting players (Duncan is good, but so goddamn plain and boring), they grind games to a halt in the halfcourt, and while their defense is so strong (I definitely never said it wasn't), it just makes for a snoozefest of a game.

I've been following just to see who comes out on top, but I won't be watching any of the games.

10. piff

piff IncGamers Member

My favorite team is the Pistons, but I favor the Spurs. I actually love this series for the low scoring; I think defense in bsaketball is much, much more exciting than offense. Blocks > Dunks; Steals > 3 pointers; ect.

11. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

This sums up my feelings on the NBA season nicely.

12. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Uh how about Parker and Ginobili?

Parker attacks the rack nearly everytime he tries to score and he is lightning fast. Manu moves in such strange ways, he looks awkward but I guess that's partly why his game is so effective. I love watching him play since whenever he drives it's a circus shot at the rim he somehow manages to finish. When he's on D he gambles like crazy which either results in a wild steal and fast break or a wide open dunk for the other guy.

Also how can you not appreciate the way San Antonio was moving the ball in games 1 and 2, that was just beautiful stuff to watch.

13. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

Zzzzzzzz...ummm...championships going on??? Zzzzzzz...

14. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

I always enjoy watching players get their shots blocked, I'm not sure why.

15. bobmarley

bobmarley IncGamers Member

SPUUUUUUURS :thumbsup:

16. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

They did great in game 2 but they will win because wade was injured in game 6 and 7 of the eastern conference final...

Spurs whould never beat Miami

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Wheres the 'i dont give a damn / durf' option? Dont get to see much baseketball, but i saw 1 fothe quarter final matches on late night TV, and i do enjoy watching the game, so if this is on TV at a ok time, i'll probably watch it.
    I want the referees to win.

18. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

Liverpool!!! Liverpool!!! Liverpool!!!

Oh, hold on, wrong sport... *cough*

Um... I vote Spurs.

KnightFall

19. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

They do.

Please, please, for the love of god start calling more fouls for grabbing, pushing, etc especially on the perimiter. And increase the penalty and frequency for breakaway fouls. Make fouling actually a bad thing rather than a good defensive response.

Garbad

20. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Ginobli's eccentricity is easily countered because he loves to flop and try to draw fouls in such an unapologetic way that it's laughable. If anyone has ever seen Diego Serna play soccer, it's the exact same thing. Parker and Ginobili penetrate, but every time off of half court sets, after 15 seconds plus has gone down on the shot clock, and with the same motion offense. It isn't them beating their man one-on-one, it isn't exciting fast break play, it's a routine. And it's boring. I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm saying it's boring.

And to Piff (I think) who said that defense is more exciting, I half-disagree. Blocks and steals are very exciting when they actually do something besides turn the ball over into a half-court offense. The Suns were so goddamn exciting because even made shots could be turned into fast breaks the other way. Steals and blocks were a big deal because it could be 2-3 points the other way, and because people like Amare Stoudamire play with such emotion that a block IS exciting. Same thing with Zo playing for the Heat. But Duncan? Wallace? Prince? No way.