Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

200 fcr sorc help

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by GalenDoUrden, Aug 31, 2006.

1. GalenDoUrden

GalenDoUrden IncGamers Member

200 fcr sorc help

I dueled against one of my friends tonight. He used my 200fcr light sorc, which is his specialty and I had troubles keeping up with him or mind blasting him to get a stun. Anyone have any advice on this type of sorc? I use a ww/trapper hybrid.

2. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Dragon Flight comes into its own in matchups like this.

However, I hope you put two points into Mind Blast so your shadow uses it more often, elsewise you will have even more trouble getting a lock. Drop Traps, play defensively. You should be able to dodge most shots from off-screen and if they land onscreen, Dragonflight to Whirl. Your traps will be negligable in this matchup unless you can get a lock, so use Wake of Fire as your main trap, with LS as backup if you can get that much desired lock.

Laz

3. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Running 65% FCR?

Rack up 174%, makes it a walk in the park. I usually kill 100% with DF vs 7 frame sorc's. Tele around at 9 frames, avoiding their projectiles, as soon as you get near them (which with good predicted teles you will), switch to DF, let OW do it's magic.

Light sorcs are actually easier than FB sorcs in that they don't have splash damage, so you're minion stack should be much more effective. When OW's done its job (2 to 3 connecting DF's usually), tele around and wait for the MB from the SM.

Lame? yes.
    Easy? yes.

But as I assume you won't be able to get 174% FCR, try 102% (usually achievable with a 32% FCR or above spirit from a normal WW Sin's setup), and do pretty much the same, just play more defensively and actually use some traps.

4. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

I'd need to know a little more about this. Does she run about 95% of the time and fire aimed spam back at you? If this is the case, you can certainly bleed her with Dflight, but if she is 200 FCR her FHR is generally less good. You should be able to land a WW after a solid kick. If you can land a WW, you can land a triwhirl. Thus, you can kill her like any other sorc. However, if she mixes it up with you, try scattering the area with WoF and getting a mind blast hit on her. She'll run into a wake and get tripped for a second, which is when you MB lock her and place 1 trap, then MB, then build the lock.

Finally, Lightning is a pretty weak spell vs. WWsins, since it takes so long to cast, you can just tank her if you catch her.

5. GalenDoUrden

Okay, I should give a little more info. He was one of the best lightning duelers on East NL on jsp and I'm in my first week of dueling with my ww/trapper.

I am meaning to lvl her to 90 to get an additional point into mind blast for my shadow, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll do that first tonight when I'm uber lvling.

Dragon flight did help me out a lot against her, one of the main problems I ran into is him not standing still long enough for me to df him. Should I try to anticipate when he is going to cast and df him then?

I am running 65% fcr and I don't have troubles dueling against 105 fcr sorcs and I would imagine most pub 200fcr sorcs wouldn't be too much problem as they aren't in control of the teleing (I know I wasn't at first). I could switch my maras and fools claw out for 102% fcr break point.

Yes he does tend to tele 95% of the time, never staying on my screen for more then a quick shot and gone. Most of the time he tends to send back some spam my way, which is surprisingly accurate. The fhr on the my sorc is only 86, I'm lucky it wasn't his old one as it was 142. One of my main problems is I tend to get a df in then not hit the right key for ww (yeah I know I need more practice on my hotkeys, just trying to get used to using so many). I'll try the WoF trick on her and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

6. order

order IncGamers Member

eh just play defensive. its not worth using all your mana pots chasing after the sorc. try not to run since you claw block can help u tank her attacks. try and use tele whirl after a successful mb hit. a triwhirl afterwards may stun her enough to take out all her mana leaving her immobile to finish off (if she uses es) with 1-2 mind blasts.

7. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

You mentioned that you are using a Fools agaisnt her, this is a bad idea, use a Fury against defensive sorceresses. You will find the open wounds to be very, very useful.

8. GalenDoUrden

Okay, I just have to find my stupid +3ls, +2 venom claw that I was going to make my Fury out of.