200 fcr fire sorc questions?

200 fcr fire sorc questions?

What shall i choose (If I can afford)

+3 fire skills tiara with 2 open socks (JahJah?)

or

+2 sorc skills tiara with mods and 1 open sock?

What gem/rune shall I put into my upgraded Viper? (Or musn't I upgrade it?)

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
how are you going to reach the 200 fcr bp without 20 fcr in the helm?
Both helms mentioned can have 20fcr, so let's assume they have. (first one being magical, second being rare)

I'd say like this. If the mods on the tiara are good (str/dex/life/mana/res/somethinguseful), go for the tiara. If you have no need of the mentioned mods, you might as well go for damage. Though, make sure you have resists etc elsewhere.

The viper, well... If you have enough strength to wear an upgraded, there is no reason why you shouldn't upgrade. More defense is never wrong. Though, in my opinion it is not worth having to add extra strength just for being able to upgrade it.

I always socket vipers with either 15%res jewel (or an Um rune), or a Shael, depending on what I need most. Fhr and resists both are useful.

Dahmer

Diabloii.Net Member
What shall i choose (If I can afford)

+3 fire skills tiara with 2 open socks (JahJah?)

or

+2 sorc skills tiara with mods and 1 open sock?

What gem/rune shall I put into my upgraded Viper? (Or musn't I upgrade it?)
upgrade the viper because you'll have enough str for it since 200fcr pvp sorc really needs spirit

with spirit and sandstorms you've got a total of 75% fhr so you're pretty close to 86 fhr bp

choosing what to socket into your stuff depends on you, you need max res, 86 fhr and high life so look for yourself whats easiest to get from your sockets, the fhr you can get with 1 shael or 1 fhr gc, res you can get with um's or res jewels so if you have enough res and enough fhr jah's wouldnt be such a bad idea :)

ps :
another thought, jam remaining skillpoints into since teleport it lowers mana cost and around lvl20-24 (dont go over 24) your mana goes up while teleporting, even with 1 point warmth :grin:

Hmm kay im doubting about Energy Shield..

I played Diablo 1 for many years and from that moment i hated mana shields.. I played Diablo II with a noob sorc and got Energy Shield and again I didn't liked it.. Maybe it was because my eq was not 1337 enough whatsoever but anyway is it usefull or not?

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Hmm kay im doubting about Energy Shield..

I played Diablo 1 for many years and from that moment i hated mana shields.. I played Diablo II with a noob sorc and got Energy Shield and again I didn't liked it.. Maybe it was because my eq was not 1337 enough whatsoever but anyway is it usefull or not?
If you are prepared to spend points and equip for making it good, it also becomes damn good. WIth the right gear it rocks. Least painful for lightsorcs though...

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
ES is only viable IMO if you have the currency to support it with life/mana scs and most important are fire lifers.

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
At some point i were in love with ES, now im not.
Maybe on a light sorc where you have the +9 from skillers,
But never on a fire sorc.

Ps. i play on europe where there is no Bugged mana scs, with those
it might be another story.

crb806

Diabloii.Net Member
off topic, but summer fun i love your sig, i was reading that thread a few weeks ago, funniest thing i have seen on these forums

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
off topic, but summer fun i love your sig, i was reading that thread a few weeks ago, funniest thing i have seen on these forums
Yes, i know! i still wake up sometimes laughing.
How can you say something like that?