Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

200 FCR CB/FO sorc: where to put remaining points ?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by DarthLeader, Apr 20, 2008.

1. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

200 FCR CB/FO sorc: where to put remaining points ?

Hi all,

I made a 200 FCR CB/FO sorc (lvl 90) with infinity on her merc, and I have a 5 remaining skills points. I might level up to 95, but not higher than that. Currently, I have :

1 warmth

1 telekinesis
    1 teleport
    20 CB
    20 lightning (CB synergy)
    20 lightning mastery (dmg boost)
    1 static
    1 nova (TS's prerequiste)
    1 chain lightning (TS's prerequiste)
    1 TS

1 frozen armor
    1 shiver armor
    1 chilling armor (this one owns.)
    1 ice bolt
    1 ice blast
    1 ice spike
    1 ice nova
    1 blizz
    20 frozen orb

I thought of :
    TS
    Ice bolt (dmg boost on FO)
    CL (dmg boost on lightning)
    Maybe a point into ES ?

I use this sorc for keying and up to date, I really really don't need frozen orb often... so few often that I might remake a pure light sorc if FO doesn't show his utility soon.

However, I think it's important to mention that I didn't play her for long, maybe there is more lightning immunes than I saw ?

TS would be passively useful. Ice bolt would boost the FO that I don't use often. CL would boost lightning, which I use a lot for booses.

I heard that a pt into ES could be good, but I don't believe it... however I am opened to all facts and opinions !

Thanks a lot for your help guys !

DarthLeader

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: 200 FCR CB/FO sorc: where to put remaining points ?

If you use Infinity, you might as well ditch FO and make a pure-lightning Sorceress. But then you need some good -light res equipment (Griffon's and a few light facets are the obvious choices).

If you still stick with a CB/FO sorc, I suggest putting points into CM. If you have to use FO once in a while (unbreakable immunes etc), you might as well make it stronger. I advice against IB, since the +2% damage increase is literally worthless compared to the bonuses CM gives.

With lvl 90, you must not expect to lvl much higher than that, and then those 5 points are the only left ones. As I see it, your main spammable skill is CB, and not Lightning/Chain Lightning (or it would become a CL/FO build instead :rolleyes:). Anyway, focusing on CL this late into build is one step too late, I'm afraid.

I dunno what you find good in Chilling Armor, unless you PvP. Shiver armor is much more favorable, since it chills the oh-so-dangerous Melee monsters.

Do not pump TS. It is worthless in 1.10, even maxed and with maxed LM.

Anyway, don't forget, Infinity might break 99% of immunities, but their resistances still stay in the 90+ department, and are hard to kill without good -light res. Thus FO is good for those monsters. And if you have good -light res, you are better off with Pure Lightning anyway.

3. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

Re: 200 FCR CB/FO sorc: where to put remaining points ?

Well, I am currently trying to key in full baal runs and I find it very hard to do. I die pretty often.

Here's what I use:
    low griffon, 20 fcr amy with 14 all res, p up'd viper, 38 hoto, 35 fcr spirit, magefist, arach, 10 fcr ring with some res and 15 mf, nature's peace, treck, anni, torch, 1 light gc and a gheed.

I got 75 all resists and 200 FCR, around 1k life and like 500 mana. I don't have a cta and I'll try to get one.

However,I saw that my merc's infinity breaks nighlatak's light immunity when he is. Then, it's slower with lightning, but still makable.

With a few more skillers and a cta, would I own nighlatak in full baal games with infinity on my merc if I went PURE lightning ? or would pure lightning be enough if I didn't had more skillers ?

I calculated with d2skills planner and it says that, for a pure light sorc, I do 20 k lightning with +13 all skills, 32k with 20 all skills.

DarthLeader