Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

20 Tele for a Classic Blizz Sorc?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by LiftedUp, Oct 10, 2010.

1. LiftedUp

LiftedUp Diablo: IncGamers Member

20 Tele for a Classic Blizz Sorc?

I've been doing a lot of mf'ing with my orb sorc this season. She has 20 in tele, and it's helped a lot when moving to Andy/Meph. Hell Meph is still a bit of a challenge, though, and I'm considering respec'ing to a blizz sorc to just use the moat trick.

Anyway, if I go blizz, could it still be worth it to max tele (and sacrifice the damage)? Also, based on the mana price of blizz, should I place some points in energy? In an ideal world, I'd love to be able to CS and mf with this sorc.

To be perfectly honest, this could be my first blizz sorc ever...Classic or LoD. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

2. Krupa

Krupa Diabloii.Net Member

Re: 20 Tele for a Classic Blizz Sorc?

i don´t think its worth it, just drink some mana pots. ur blizz damage will be enough to kill meph, but in cs u will struggle imo

3. LiftedUp

LiftedUp Diablo: IncGamers Member

Thanks for the feedback, Krupa. I expect I will struggle a bit no matter how I slice it in a CS run. That said, with a full run with dins and barbs, I won't be the only one fighting, and since I'm not fighting solo anyway, I figured the ease on my mana globe from maxed Tele wouldn't hurt.

4. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

For a CS blizz I would use a potion to get to CS, for a andy/meph sorc I'd probably not even use a blizz.

5. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

huh why not :shocked: it s the perfect skill for those places

6. Krupa

Krupa Diabloii.Net Member

if u´re in a game with a hdin and only tp at the boss packs anyway, u won´t rely on ur blizz really anyway. max tele max warmth max glacial would be my choice for that :crazyeyes: , but u wouldn´t have any killing power on ur own
    the problem is if u have to kill something on ur own, u don´t want to spam 4-5 blizzards over them till its dead, u will want it gone as quickly as possible - specially in cs. so rather chug mana pots for cs

to farm meph and andi make a glitch sorc and run them both in cs runs or something like that, u´ll get far better drops

i´d use an orber for those as well, as i don´t like the moat trick and i´ve tried with both my orber and my cs-blizzer, from entering to exiting the game, i´m faster with my orber than my blizz sorc and its safer (altho the cs-sorc had the far superior equipment and lvl)

7. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Standing next to Meph, he will only attack with his tentacles and rarely cast. So high block + some poison res, rather then massive cold+lightning res.
    Static+Orb is so much faster for me to kill Meph then me using Blizz.
    Blizz uses far too much mana. many static + a killing Orb costs far less for me.
    I absolutely need 20+ teleport, because I tend to teleport all over Durance 2 before noticing the stairs are actually right next to the waypoint. And one cannot bring enough potions to compensate for that amount of teleporting.
    Yes, I know Durance is left turning, but that doesn't actually help you locate the room. :)
    For Andy, I need the 20+ teleport to find it too.

So for me, Static+Orb+tele are the perfect skills for Meph+Andy.
    But I can understand that for you, Blizz is the perfect skill for Meph and Andy.

8. QoKe

QoKe Diabloii.Net Member

1pt tele for a blizzer, if you want to max tele.. make an orber.

Orb > Blizz for meph running. 1pt tele is enough to tele CS fine.

9. cakemountain

cakemountain Diabloii.Net Member

if you have absolutely nothing for gear, and I mean nothing, would orber be viable for meph runs, or do you need a certain amount of gear before you can do anything but moat trick?

10. Lorg

Lorg Diabloii.Net Member

U do need some gear, but its easily farmed from nm diablo. And mostly dirt cheap. Just not at the biginning of ladder. Maybe 1-2 weeks more and u can buy each of them vs 1 million (game gold) per item, if not less...

Even basic beginner memph runner set = irathas,, twich, shard , ward, 2 fcr rings with res and half deacent boots will be good enough for the job. If nm diablo is too hard you could harvest em frmo normal cs too. Start with these and uppgrade into better rares as u find them frmo andy and memph. Just remember to have high pr and teleport on top of the memph. then orb static static orb static static orb static static. Ezy. Thisofc if you are doing it in Soft core. If u plan this on HC i would gather little better gear on nm cs before i would start running hell memph.

11. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan Diabloii.Net Member

go back and do normal or nm Diablo (or whatever act boss/super unique) and get some gear :D

Orber's skills:

max: Frozen Orb, Cold Mastery, Ice Bolt, and Teleport
    rest of sk pts: Firewall Wall or Nova
    1 sk pt: Static Field, Warmth, Lightning Mastery, Fire Mastery, Shiver Armor, and Energy Shield
    Prequisistes (1 sk pt): Frozen Armor, Ice Blast, Frost Nova, Telekinesis, Inferno, Blaze, Glacial Spike, and Blizzard

Orber's Stats:

STR = enough for gear
    DEX = enough for gear
    VIT = rest of stat points here

Orber's Gear:

Full Iratha, Hotspurs, Darkglow, Wall of Eyeless/Rare Shield (15/30/20, Resists), Spectral Shard/Rare Staff (20% FCR, +2 sorc skills, more +skills, Resists), Rare Rings (+10% FCR, Resists), Thawing Potion, and Antedote Potion.

95, 95, 90, 95 (F, I, L, P) Resists

------------------------------------------------------------------

Blizzard'ers skills:

max: Blizzard, Cold Mastery, Ice Blast (for bosses/single targets), and Teleport
    rest of sk pts: Firewall Wall or Nova
    1 sk pt: Static Field, Warmth, Lightning Mastery, Fire Mastery, Shiver Armor, and Energy Shield
    Prequisistes (1 sk pt): Frozen Armor, Frost Nova, Telekinesis, Inferno, Blaze, and Glacial Spike

Blizzard'ers Stats:

STR = enough for gear
    DEX = enough for gear
    VIT = rest of stat points here

Blizzard'ers Gear:

Full Iratha, Hotspurs, Darkglow, Wall of Eyeless/Rare Shield (15/30/20, Resists), Spectral Shard/Rare Staff (20% FCR, +2 sorc skills, more +skills, Resists), Rare Rings (+10% FCR, Resists), Thawing Potion, and Antedote Potion.

95, 95, 90, 95 (F, I, L, P) Resists

12. Lorg

Lorg Diabloii.Net Member

Its either 10 or 17 fhr not 15 ;)

13. cakemountain

i have iratha's ammy from cows and nightsmoke, and crappy blue items. just lvl 30 now with a firebolt,ball, meteor build.

Plan on respecing when I get items worth respeccing for. Been running cows but cant do chaos santuary or I die too fast, even norm. Thinking of doing glitch nm meph with moat trick once I get lvl 40 for a while, since I won't be able to legitly kill any other bosses.

so far also picked up a bloodrise and deaths sword but nothing really useful for me.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  14. cakemountain

what about 3 socket shield with diamonds if you cant get the rest of that gear? thought you were using twitch for block and hit recovery

15. jona

jona Diabloii.Net Member

I'd say its a decent temporary solution. Get a tower shield if you got the str req, if not, use a kite or large shield.

You can also get a Ward for pskulls or game gold if I remember correctly. This would be even better solution than a 3d shield until you get that sexy rare boneshield :p

16. Lorg

Lorg Diabloii.Net Member

U got 3 respecs. Don't worry about stats as u can respeck later into full life sorc if u want. Just chance into orber asap and nm feels suddenly much more easier. Use 3 sock tower if u can find. If not then buy 3 sock large shield from normal act 2. Takes about 2 mins. With that and orb u can farm nm cs from 40 lv onwards even with blue items if u have to.

17. cakemountain

can you earn further respecs like you can in LOD or is 3 the max?

18. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

Orb actually has a lot of trouble in NM cs if there are other people in the game. It doesnt have enough "meat" to it to cut down the herds of mobs, even when going for seal bosses only. Meanwhile Blizz cuts them down like nobody´s business(and continues to do so in hell). 3 sock towers are a very dangerous choice, easy to get block locked with them. IMO bone shield of deflecting is better even if it means you can only max out lr and fr

19. Lorg

Lorg Diabloii.Net Member

Hms maxed cold mastery and orb has always been good 4 nm to me. But maybe its because i do it almost always in 4 ppl priv games. Besides Its just far more easier for newbie to use than blizz.

Anyway, what comes to killing memph in hell. Blizzer can also tele on top of memph and sacrify 1 point into static to static between blizz = this is faster than orb. Still i like 20 tele on meph killer. Especially on Hc when u can 'instantly' teleport even after been hit by mana burn (provided that u got nice fhr).

20. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan Diabloii.Net Member

if you want to do (item) runs, or (quest) rushing, 20 into teleport is really important, and can't be expressed in words... especially with 70% FCR (50% shard + 10% ring + 10% ring) and full iratha+hotspurs+darkglow+thaw potion+antedote potion for 95 95 90 95 resists...

seriously, this sorceress can NOT die via pvm

(the only thing that can kill you is physical/magical damage, but with 1 pt shiver armor, high life~VIT, 1 pt ES, and FCR teleport, you can teleport right out of a mob of hard hitting physical damage monsters, grins, and your teleporting ablity never stops, teleport all over the place like crazy, anywhere you want to! hehe

best all purpose sorceress, epsecially if "glitched" for getting quest drops from hell diablo