Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2 years gone

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by darben, Oct 24, 2010.

1. darben

darben Diabloii.Net Member

2 years gone

Thinking about installing d2 again and was wondering if I could get some advise on a starter character that will be untwinked of course and I will be playing SP only.. SOLO no LAN. I really don't like summoner type toons like the necro skele summoner. The last toon that I played and enjoyed was a pure trapsin but not sure how much that has changed.

Just looking for advise on untwinked solo leveling/farming toons in the game now basically. Thank you in advance.

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Re: 2 years gone

Pure trapsin works very well. Also, a LF / PJ zon is a lot of fun, and you can make it through with a javelin you find in ACt 1 normal.

3. Hector

Hector Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome back. I'm coming back, myself, from quite a break as well - not as long though. :)

My recommendation would be biased towards Amazon but Noodle already said it, so I'll go ahead and suggest Sorceress for a nice start untwinked.

4. darben

darben Diabloii.Net Member

What exactly is a kicker/trapsin build and how well do they work? I've also heard "rumors" that fire traps are better now than the lightning... is this true?

5. Arkardo

Arkardo Diabloii.Net Member

A Blizzard sorc is probably the best choice, as you can run Mephisto (for both starter and end-game equipment) Pindle (rare set/uniques), Ancient Tunnels (same), and LK (for running special chests for high runes) with her. You may have some problems getting through Hell with her, but it is far from impossible.

I don't know about the fire traps being better, but I'd say it's unlikely; there are far more fire immunes then lightning ones. Though it is useful to have some fire as backup.

6. ancalagon the black

ancalagon the black Diabloii.Net Member

Whoever said fire traps were better was misinformed, unless they were talking about PvP or something. If you want a way to deal with lightning immunes as a trapsin, fireblast is very good.

Kick/trap sins pump dragon talon (which kicks several times in quick succession), load up with CB (each kick can do a CB, so bosses go down quick), and invest in traps. Killing one monster with kicks is fast, so you can set up a few traps, kick a couple of monsters to death, and then watch DS clean up for you.

7. Pär

Pär Diabloii.Net Member

Hardcore Barb or Werebear/wolf for something with TONS of health as you move into Hell.

No shield, though - they're OP imho.

Or Bowazon Strafer - for that soothes-your-soul beauty and grace and deadly deadliness.