Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2 quick questions

Discussion in 'Classic' started by morrie, Jun 14, 2005.

1. morrie

morrie IncGamers Member

2 quick questions

I'm reasonable new and have read quite a few posts...
    Awesome way to get info

2 things that people mention that I don't know how to do

1. People mention muling. How do you transfer eq from one char to another?
    2. People talk about going to Cata lvl 2 and teleporting to lvl 4? Is this possible in classic?

Thanks again

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

The obvious way is with 2 CD keys, but it also works with just one (although MUCH more dangerous): create a game with the receiving char. Wait for 5+ minutes to ensure the game stays. Leave game, come back with the "giving" char --- this verifies that the game is indeed permed. Drop items, leave, and come back with the receiving char. Quest completed.

Don't switch chars too often, or you'll get realm down. Your game will time out if you can't get in, and your items will be lost. Your items will also be lost if the game crashes, or from other problems that can prevent you from logging in (like bnet randomly kicking and realm-downing you).

What they mean is they use a char that can teleport, and teleport around until they find the stairs to Catacombs 3, then teleport around again to find the stairs to Catacombs 4.

3. sculpen

sculpen IncGamers Member

One faster, but much more risky, way to solo mule is to create a game with your giving char, drop the item really quickly and leave immediatly. If you did it fast enough, you can return with your recieving char. Note this only works once per game, so when the recieving char leaves, the game is gone.

4. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

You can also join any game that is 5 min old and do this. Since ur mule will probably be less than lvl 15, u will likely want to avoid act1 games, trade or cow games. Never drop in town, as some ppl have programs to detect any uniq or rare items around. I have done this to mule any items which arent all that great, and have lost items from being stolen maybe 2x in 4 years. Ive lost items from realm down many many more times, and from games crashing so many times,I cant count. If u have a godly or essential item, finding a trusted friend is best.

In terms of avoiding a realm down....If u join the game that I describe above, there is an excellent chance that after the 5-10 minute ignoramous supposed anti-dupe 'penalty', the game will still be up, and ur items will be saved. If u create a passworded game and get realm down, the items will certainly be lost, unless u have a second computer on another cd-key, or a friend u can call. The best way to avoid realm down: dont drop items on the ground during heavy lag moments. When u get any lag: PANIC, pick up all items and mule later. Also, and this is MOST important, the game monitors possible dupers in 2 ways: first, dont exit game within 5 seconds after having dropped an item on ground, and second, after u exit game, WAIT 5 SECONDS before u exit the character. Now thats the stone gray screen where u can enter chats and games. It doesnt matter how fast u get a char into a game, only how fast u exit.

Teleporting: we are confused as to what u mean here. A sorc can teleport in classic, and ONLY a sorc. Barbs can leap over most obstacles. A sorc can teleport directly to andy without going thru a single door, or fighting a single monster. A sorc can get to andy probably 3x faster than any barb and 6x faster than most other chars.

5. morrie

morrie IncGamers Member

Sorry about the confusion. I have a sorceress. But when I use teleport, I can teleport as far as my cursor goes? Maybe I am doing it wrong
    Like can I teleport back to a place I have been by using the map? I haven't tried that
    Thanks for all the replies

6. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

You can only teleport as far you can point on the screen. You can't click on a position on the map and teleport, unfortunately.