Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2 questions: How do I search forum? What is the rule of thumb for Holy shield?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Snarlin Stef, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

2 questions: How do I search forum? What is the rule of thumb for Holy shield?

there is no word search engine on tihs forum? how do i search for posts?

how many points is required for holy shield? Is it necessary to have any points in it? why do some poeople insist that 5 points is the break point? can some1 link me to an old post i saw a while back on holy shield discussion?

i hate repeat posting .. i know there is a holy shield post already... but i dont know how to find it

thnx
    stef

2. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

ok i found the search engine :D
    but now i cant seem to find the holy shield post :(

i know i saw it... it was named something like "is holy shield necessary?" errr something like that

3. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Its not nessecary but is extremely useful. There is no reason to not put a point into it(unless your not using a shield of course). Alot of poeple say 5 points because holy shield has diminishing returns. With + skills 5 is usually enough.

4. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

In my case with my Zealot. I maxe Fanaticism, Sacrifice, and Zeal. That left a nice number of skill points left over. I went and maxed Holy Shield for the defense bonus seeing how everyone is saying how important defense is. Next I brought up Defiance for the synergy to Holy Shield. That brings me to almost 20k defense with Herald, Templar's Might, and Crown of Thieves.

5. DrSeuss

DrSeuss IncGamers Member

Holy Shield is very useful, given the bonus affects you entire defense, not just your shield's defense. But, most importantly, it makes it easy to get to max block without having to put points into dex (although you'll probably want to for the AR).

What you'll find, though, is that 1 minute goes by really quickly. The big benefit of a high HS isn't necessarily the def bonus, but the fact that you can go 3-4 minutes without having to recast it. The length of it doesn't get any diminishing returns.

Something to think about.

6. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

The reason u cant find anything is cuz the forum got wiped a few days ago

7. Zidane0927

Zidane0927 IncGamers Member

So for a Zealot, what level of Holy Shield would be best? I've heard people say if you don't put much points in Dex, then you can't hit anything. So should I max Holy Shield and put a bit in dex to have 75% block? Or have a low base level Holy Shield and put dex until it has 75% block? (And use the remaining skill points in another skill like Vengence?)

8. Zidane0927

Zidane0927 IncGamers Member

Bump! Bump! Bump!