Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2 questions for true experts

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by VitisVinifera, Mar 13, 2004.

1. VitisVinifera

VitisVinifera IncGamers Member

2 questions for true experts

1. I have an 83 Necro, who is your typical summoner. I have maxed only 3 skills: Summon Skelly, Summon Master, and CE. I have a point or two in all the golems, summon resist, bone armor, and decrepify. At this point I have almost 20 unused skill points. Where should I put them? Work on a stronger golem, give myself bone spirit, start on the poison nova/lower resist thing?

2. I spawned Diablo Clone few days ago in a private game with that necro, and I could hardly stay in the same screen as him, and I had no chance, so I went into a channel and got some strangers to help, knowing I didn't have a shot at getting the charm. I decided I'd start a barb whose only purpose is to kill DC. So how should I build a DC-killing barb?

Thanks a lot for the advice.......

2. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I'm not an expert, but here's what I think.
    1. Prison and wall are synergies for bone armor that should be maxed, or at least get 10+ points, or none, depending if you have the unique boots that give the + skill (I forget which). If you have the boots, don't put any points in, and you'll get the synergy for the level of skill given by the boots.

2. Barb isn't the best DC killer, from what I've read here. While I'm sure it can be done, a sorc would be better. Just get a weapon with charges of lower resist on switch.

3. Maximus

Maximus IncGamers Member

I'm no "expert" but I've played this game since it came out. I'll give a shot at answering:

1)
    Hmmm... maxed CE? Can't go back but I'd rather put 5 pts max and put the rest in bonewall and get a 1pt in bone armour.

Now with your remaing skill pts I can probably suggest getting 20 in bonewall and getting bone armour. Or alternatively you could go for a higher risk allocation of 20 in bone spear/spirit.

2)
    Make a concentration barb. Check the barb forums. There is a good guide. THe key to DC is OpenWounds/PreventMonsterHeal. I've killed DC 5 times with my Conc barb at various lvls... killed him at lvl 75. My merc has Tooththrow (unique Sharktooth armour) and it helps alot with the open wounds. I've never had PMH to kill DC with but open wounds worked well enough.

Hope that helps,

/max

4. Omni-Nub

Omni-Nub Banned

1)Maybe pump revive? or start pumping bone wall

2)I heard hammerdins are VERY good at killing clones

5. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

If you are not going to use marrowwalk, pump bone prison. As for the CE, I think it is good to get it maxed.

For a barb, just use frenzy/double swing. You need to have:
    1) Good resist (Nokozan Relic + Tgod + Raven Frost)
    2) Good crushing blow (Fleshrender x 2, Guillaume's Face, Gore Rider)
    3) Prevent Monster Heal (Hwanin's Blessing, or Nature's Peace)

See, it is not expensive at all. The most expensive item here is Tgod.

6. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

A few comments:
    1. Maxing CE wasn't necessary. A total of around 15 pts with + skill items is fine.
    2. The reason that Dclone is owning you is that your summon res needs to be pumped. Get it to around 15 +/- so with +skills, it starts to level out after that.
    3. Pump Bone armour/wall. Add pts to Bone Prisonif you aren't going to use marrowalk.
    4. A few pts in golem mastery helps your golems tanking ability.

Remember that you are primarily a summoner, not a bone necro. So concentrate on skills that are related to summoning! A few pts in Bone Armour/wall are needed to get a decent Bone Armour for survival, but you aren't going to have enough skills to get anytype of decent dmg on bone spear or bone spirit. With marrowwalk all you need is one pt armour and wall to get a good bone armour.

As far as dclone killing goes, any elemental charcter can kill with lower res wand on switch, and any melee can kill with cb/ds. So take your choice, just make sure you have max res, some light and fire absorb, cbf and pmh. Summoners are lousy clone killers since he eats skellies like popcorn!
    Prez

7. VitisVinifera

thanks a lot for all of your advice (everyone)

For my necro, I'm putting my points into summon resist and golem mastery.

But now I have this question: I have one point in every golem. Should I put points into one specific golem?

8. Kar-Karuk

Kar-Karuk IncGamers Member

Sorry but i beg to differ, i was MFing last night when the Soj counter started going nuts. So i hung around in game and sure enough 5-10 mins later he walked. I quickly changed to my Summoning Necro (No mages/revives) took wp to cold plains to gain my 13 skellies then went to look for Bishiboshi. 1 1/2 mins later one Dead Dclone, with 7 skellies lost. The trick is to use a Fire Golem in the situation, because of his Holy Fire Aura, D tends to concentrate on him (I had to recast about 5-6 times). I have no Bone Spells to speak of and i contributed nothing to the kill bar casting Amp on D.

Kar. :drink:

9. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

u seem like a pretty well off player so try and get a pair of marrowalks

make sure u have NO points into bone prison

then pump and combination of bone wall and bone spear....this will give u great protection with bone armor and upwards off 1000 pure magic damage to use whenever u want

10. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

1. Maxing CE was a mistake, 1 point in bone armor, 19 in wall or 18 in prison, 1 in wall. Or, 1 in bone armor, 10 in bone wall (sort of weak but better than nothing) and 9 in dim vision (for crowd control, it works wonders). Don't pump revives, 1 point is enough, for the most part revives are useless. Not saying always useless, just most of the time and +skills should give you about as many as you can really manage anyway.

2. I don't know.

11. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Golems are a waste of points. One point in Clay and Mastery is plenty; sometimes Fire is also useful. My friend maxed all the Golems and was rather disappointed in the result. Plus, you've already got 10+ beefy skeletons and a Merc tanking for you. Even an indestructible Golem on top of all that is completely pointless.

If I were you I'd listen to the advice the people are giving you in this thread and throw some points into bone synergies.

12. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

1 pt in each golem is fine. Pts in Golem Mastery are not a waste. Pts in bone armour, etc. are valueable.

I have a lvl 92 summoner with 13 skellies. I have killed the clone with him a total of three times. Its possible, but if you say u did it in 1 1/2 minutes, I'll have to call u a liar.

I have c2a on switch, golem, uber merc, etc. Also 13 mages and usually have 10+ revives. It generally takes 5 minutes + and at least one reload of skellies. LVL 36+ on Skellies and Mastery. A clay golem is much more useful in killing the clone as it slows him down. Amp is required to do any real dmg. A good merc is required.

So plz do not exagerate the killing power of the summoner necro in regards to clone killing. There are a lot of builds that are much faster and can be achieved much easier.

Prez

13. Kar-Karuk

*Yawn*

Why would i lie? I'm not here to impress, i read the thread, saw your inaccurate post and replied with what only happened just yesterday. It may of taken 2 mins but definatly no longer than that.

I too have a Cta on switch, use a Beast weapon, HoW on Wisp, obviously a might merc (Wears bramble Armour and use Superior Eth Cresent Moon Thresher for a total of pushing 10k with all auras active and the D Clone went down in 1 1/2 - 2 mins max.

Just because it takes your Uber lvl 92 Skelliemancer to do it in 5 mins dosn't mean it cannot be done in less. In future, i would a) Obtain all the facts about the feat in question and then B) Obtain a very similar setup and conduct an experiment before accusing anyone of being a liar.

14. VitisVinifera

my necro is 84 now.........I'll look into the Marrowalk (anyone have an extra for trade?)

I'm on hardcore ladder us west, acct is *vitenol96

but my next question is: what is cta/c2a?

15. Kar-Karuk

Cta is short for the Call to Arms runeword.

c2a is obviously 1337 speak and is teh sechs, but i assume it means the same as the above.

16. VitisVinifera

am I right in assuming that people are recommending Call to Arms for DC killing because of it's prevent monster heal? If so, that means getting up and whacking him, which for a Necro in hardcore, is a pretty risky proposition

17. stemis516

prvent monster heal is nice, but im assuiming more people use it for the BO it gives instead to boost thier own life as well as thier minions

18. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

Ahh..yes.

So...your summoner didn't kill the dclone, your duped runeword merc did. He asked if a sumoner could kill the dclone, not a merc with unrealistic weapons and armours. The trick isn't to use a fire golem as you mentioned, the trick is to accumlate as many duped runes as possible?

Try doing it with a SUMMONER..that means without the duped runeword armours and weapons.

Plain and simple, I doubt that you could do it in 1 1/2 minutes without all your duped up rune crap, and probably coudn't do it at all since you obvioulsy rely on that crap heavily.

You probably never really figured out how do to much other than beg for runes or even worse were involved in the rune duping.

So as far as I'm concerned, you can take your bramble armour and shove it where the sun doesn't shine...and I hope that the thorns aura is working!

Prez

19. Kar-Karuk

Yet again you show your inaptitude to take things at face value, just because YOU havn't found any decent runes then obviously no-one else could possibly find them (I admit i traded for the Ber but everything else was found or cubed up from Gul (Ohm is only 4 Gul's after all). I must obviously loose the title of summoner because i have decent equipment, i guess the same must go for a Tals Set Sorcie, they become what prey tell?

Just for your information a "Cresent Moon" runeword consists of Sheal/Um/Tir and i could safley assume that everyone who reads these boards have had these runes at one time or another.

I refuse to post on this subject anymore, i cannot have an ADULT conversation with someone that resorts to accusing other's of duping/boting/cheating becuase they themselves have not been able to do such things. You have demonstrated to everyone here that for you to win an argument you have to SHOUT loud and try to BELITTLE your conversee. I would like to point out that that path seldomly wins arguements. Thankyou Prez for your insightful input, i'm sure the community as a whole were impressed with your articulate display.

20. stemis516

maybe its just me, but i think Prez just got pwned