Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2 person team one skelemancer one...

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ter, May 20, 2005.

1. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

2 person team one skelemancer one...

what...

What would you consider to be your ideal compliment if you were planning a skelemancer.

A friend and I are going to play through Hardcore and beat the whole game from beginning to end with whatever the game gives us...

He wants to play a necro with skeltons...

What should I pick to go with him and why would that be good?

2. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

Hammerdin.

Conc will give skeles a huge damage bonus.

You could also play as a bone necro. Or maybe even another skelemancer...

3. Beneathnoise

Beneathnoise IncGamers Member

hm

Any kind of Paladin would help immensely. the auras will help the skellies, especially once you both have act 2 mercs. skellimancer should use might merc, pally can use, say, defiance or holy freeze.

Then skellies have (for example) concen/might/and frozen enemies. or fanatiscism and might *drool*

IN case you dun wanna go pally, barb is also nice, since BO and BC helps for prebuffing him. and his amp will ensure that there are very few things you won't be able to kill in one go. (high melee+ -100% phys resist=dead monster)

otherwise, since he's skelemancer and not psn mancer, sorc might not be the best, unless he wants to toss pts into lower resist for you, and be a good friend, and then also, you will pwn mightily.

Two skelemancers SOUNDS good in theory, but may not be the best idea, since you guys will be amping over each other, and fighting for CE, and also pure phys immunes that can't be broken by LR will be a hassle for you.

</my two cents>

4. Forlorn

Forlorn IncGamers Member

A druid might be nice, get holy freeze and might merc a bunch of pets and a how aura again normal mobs and a hp boost against the particularly hard ones..

5. FooSoft

FooSoft IncGamers Member

Hammerdin. My friend and I did hell solo on players 8 completely untwinked with few if any MF runs. Very fast killing speed and completely safe.

6. corax

corax IncGamers Member

fire dr00d. benefits from amp dmg. and can kill unbreakable PI's. also provides either life or damage to the skellies.

use dire wolves, carrion vine and a hf merc to REALLY annoy your mate.

7. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

i think a barb would help a lot..you can bo and his amp will help you out w/o spendin extra points to reach lower resist. the amp helps his skeles too.

i dont think you should be a skelemancer as well though. what beneathnoise said is right, also you 2 will be fighting for items as you are teh same build, and playin with just what the game gives you.

8. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

A fireclaw bear sounds interesting. You get either Oak Sage for extra life, or HoW for extra damage. Don't get a creeper - your necro will want the corpses himself.

A well synergied fiewclaw bear can either stand back and cast spells, or go melee. Useful against those pesky physical immunes. Damage over 10k is not difficult to get, and with a 6socket phase blade, you can shael it up to reach 4 frame attack speed.

Merc wise, I would avoid a HF merc, as too many bodies shatter. Common choice would be normal offensive (for extra AR - goes together nicely with the might merc). However, as skellies (and probably bear) are melee types, maybe a ranged merc would help.

Hope that helps

DelBoy

ps - did do some partying with my skellimancer and a lite javazon. That was fast as well, but 'm not sure exactly how the amazon was built.

9. SharnMes

SharnMes IncGamers Member

A paladin with fanatism as his main aura will make the skellimancers skellies godly. And he can be a HUGE help in taking the skelllmancers worst enemy namly Diablo out. Its the perfect partnership.