Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2 people pure pvm builds?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by playlikeai, Sep 17, 2006.

1. playlikeai

playlikeai IncGamers Member

2 people pure pvm builds?

Hey me and my friend are starting new with out any items. Now we want 2 builds that will do very good in pvm. He wanted to make a wind druid so I am wondering what would go good with that or if there is any better. No hammerdins though

2. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard IncGamers Member

What type of character do you like to play? Melee, spellcaster?

If you like melee characters a zealot does very well untwinked and you and your friend can stick close together while fighting the monsters. Plus you would have beneficial auras to help both of you out.

Lightning/fireblast trappers do well untwinked.

If you like spellcasters you could chose any dual element sorceress.

Whatever character you chose, you should both use different act 2 mercenaries to take advantage of their auras.

3. Orion241

Orion241 IncGamers Member

Summoning necros also do well untwinked.

4. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Amp = more wind damage.
    I'd go with a summoner. Not to mention Amp + CE in two player games = carnage.

5. playlikeai

I actually started summoner before reading this so looks good, thanks guys. I am still thinking of mages or CE though so we'll see.

6. §Hex Vex§

§Hex Vex§ IncGamers Member

If your thinking of the skeleton mages, don't bother. They probally won't do enough damage to kill fast enough, or even kill...

7. Orion241

Orion241 IncGamers Member

Mages aren't too good from experience. Check out this guide for some good info, even if you don't follow it exactly:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=349093

8. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Do zealer/skelly summoner; or zealer/bowazon.

Also barb/sorc is a cool old school combo. Wind druid/summoner wouldn't workas well, because wind is cold damage, and that crushes bodies.

bowzon/assassin trapper would be a cool combo, the zon valk doing the tanking.

9. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

The hurricane is cold damage, but the tornado is pure physical - and later on hurricane will just be chilling (not freezing) monsters while nados kill.
    The summoner should not need to summon often - particulary if he is backed up but a second char - so the occasional cracked monster will not be very noticeable.

In addition the hurricane gives a good defensive element so rather than decrepify you can use Amp, and use might/blessed aim mercs, or might/prayer (with insight). i.e. you won't need a HF merc for the cold.

The windy will be able to do massive single target damage to quickly take down monsters (with amp it will be very quick!) which the necro can then CE to oblivion. The windy will be up front, but largely protected by the skellies and also protecting the skellies with hurricane.

I reckon it would be a very fast team.

Or a summon necro with a single element sorc (blizz?) for tele and bosses while the necro handles the occasional cold immune.

10. playlikeai

Hey guys, I am back because I actually have another friend joining us. So.. yes what would go with a summoner and a wind druid? He is new so anything would be good.

11. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

You've gots lots of physical and a little cold with damage sources that can be a bit unpredicitible, so I'd go with a single target character like.. an avenger. That will be nice for the skeles too.