Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2 lidless in one run

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jaredmlh, Feb 5, 2004.

1. jaredmlh

jaredmlh IncGamers Member

2 lidless in one run

Oh my luck, yesterday i found 2 unique Lidless shield in A1 while running to the Tower to due countess runs. I found one in each run to the tower from dark archers.

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

You didn't find them both in the same game did you? I'd assume they were games one after the other. If it they did drop off different monsters in the same game, there may be some questions to be raised.

3. Nobbler

Nobbler IncGamers Member

Your post says "2 lidless in one run" and then you go on to say you found one in each run. Which is it? One run or two runs?

4. UselessOne

UselessOne IncGamers Member

I thought I just read in the new Pit guide in this site that 2 of the same unique can drop in the same game if one monster drops both of them. If that one monster does not drop the two identical uniques, then that unique won't drop again in that game.

5. Alexsc25

Alexsc25 IncGamers Member

I got a unique something normal item, and a failed rare same item one off mephisto once, i checked durability.

6. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Precisely, which is why Nobbler and I have raised our questions. I think he most likely found them one run after the other.

7. jaredmlh

jaredmlh IncGamers Member

oops

yes, one run after another, so it was 2 runs, but only took like 10 mins of actual time to find em both.

and i do have one for sale hehe...

8. Alexsc25

Alex is awesome

One time i found 3 jade talons within the space of 5 minutes, 2 non eth 1 eth, all from meph.

There was a time where my friend found ik armor AND then tal armor in 2 pindle runs. Just funny... bastard!

Does the unique rule apply to rings and amulets? or items like ls/azure where one item can be either one?

9. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

It applies to each and every individual unique item. That one sentence tells us that it includes rings and ammys. It also tells us that a Lightsabre and an Azurewrath can drop in the same game, as they are each individual uniques. If you find a Lightsabre in a game, the next unqiue phase blade to drop in that game (if a second one drops at all... and it can!) will be a guaranteed Azurewrath.

It's kinda funny that in a situation like this, if you kept that second unique phase blade from the same game unidentified, you would know which kind of unique phase blade it is. Imagine betting with your friends that you can tell which one it will be before its id'd :)

Edit: this Phase Blade situation also applies to rings and ammys, as there are multiple different uniques of each as well.

10. Alexsc25

So you are telling me it is predetermined for those items. Intresting. How about if an item fails, say ml too low or something similar, does that apply?

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

IMO that's a myth. I will belive only in first-hand information from a trustful person, i.e. he must have witnessed it himself.

However, set items can drop more than once in a game, and it happens twice to me that two equal set items were in a single drop from Meph. Once 2x Isenhart's Chest (what else ?) and once 2x Berseker's Axe. Perhaps that phenomen evolved into the above theory.

12. cleanupguy

cleanupguy IncGamers Member

This is not surprising as I have found two set Colossus Blade in the span of 3 minutes doing Pindle run. They both are in my mule currently.

13. phillup

phillup Banned

last night i found two dracul's off meph, one run after another
    tonight, i found two mara's, one run after another

something is up :|