Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2 different questions:

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by zooply, Oct 14, 2006.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

2 different questions:

ite first question is resists. how much in resists should i have stacked for dueling? got a novamancer with max block, so he's more oriented to melee as opposed to a vitamancer for casters. i'm not looking to completely over-absorb, just wondering what would be a good amount to shoot for in resist all so i don't get completely pwned by every sorc/druid/sin that i see.

2nd question is a definate noob question lol. i can't seem to get the hotkeys to work. either my computer sucks, or i just don't know what i'm doing. i'm guessing that like for example assigning 7 as the 2nd key for skill 4, by hitting 7 i'll switch to that skill. doesn't work though:sad2: i'm probably doing something wrong or expecting the wrong outcome:tongue:

2. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

75 res is always good to have. With that in mind 105 is better to have because of the anya bug. The anya bug removes the res gained from all three anya quests when you die, and it doesnt show up on your screen. Ofc more res is always nice vs casters who can wear facets or mastery such as a cold sorc. But if youre oriented towards melee that probably isnt such a problem.

No idea on the other problem,

3. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Press:

Esc, Configure Controls, there use the Skill 1 = X (example) . Get back to the game, press S to make the skill section come up. After that, hover over the skill you need and press X. That is now youre hotkey.

4. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

thnx for the help you 2. =)

pedu: ok 105 sounds pretty obtainable. didn't think i'd need so much vs. melee though lol. about how much would i need to duel decently with casters then?

rabbitz: ah ok. i couldn't find out on google (though i guess i could have searched harder) i even tried checking the manual lol. it didn't even mention what you said about hovering over & hitting the key. that makes playing so much simpler now lol (well, it will when i actually get some skill in using the hotkeys)

5. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

No problem :)

6. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

You dont need res vs melee. Just with general duels you would need 105 to be comfortable. Theres always a silly sorc/assa/javazon in pubbies that attack you... But if youre ok with that, then even minus res would be good vs melee.

edit: It feels like im making a simple thing complicated...