2 CoAs from Baal in 45 mins, early christmas?

ZackulDiablo

Diabloii.Net Member
2 CoAs from Baal in 45 mins, early christmas?

yea, i got 2 Coas within 45 mins doing baal mf runs, do i smell early christmas?? Both 166 def ( max possible, potential to be perfect!!) before id. After IDed, they turned out S**ts haha, only one of them has 2 sockets. But that's pretty lucky no? What's the drop % for Coa?

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, any unique armor has maximum possible base defence unless it is upgraded unique.

2Coas are very rare especially if they drop from Baal himself.

Nilaripper

Diabloii.Net Member
CoA is one of the items i never selffound in this game.Baal dropped me my first Fathom last week,but Coa remains a mystery,i doubt it really exists...:laughing:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Hey, any unique armor has maximum possible base defence unless it is upgraded unique.

2Coas are very rare especially if they drop from Baal himself.
Only items with %def have maximum base defense (max+1, to be precise). That includes superior, magical, rare and set items, including those with %def as a set bonus.

A CoA has 50%def, so its base defense is max+1, but e.g. a shako or a Giant Skull hasn't, so their base defense is random.

kuafu

Diabloii.Net Member
They must have raised the drop rate of Corona, I found 3 Gris Helm in the past 25 baal runs...
Edit: and not a single green bp:smiley:

DamianM

Diabloii.Net Member
thats awesome for you, 2 in 45 minutes??? i found one three days ago from a champion storm caster in hell chaos mf runs. the stats were something like 372 defence, 24 resist, 13% damage reduced, and 2 sockets. i traded it for 20 hrs and it helped me a load in finishing my hammer pally. though one of the hrs poofed. oh and also yesterday i found a perfect bk ring.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice winning streak ! This week-end, I've found 2 Herald of Zakarum in less than 1 hour on Hell Mephisto :grin:. The first one turned out to be a 175% one, and the second a 160% ethereal one :badteeth: !

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
I saw a CoA drop around 3-4 days after ladder 3 started, back when I played USEast. It got snapped by someone, and sold to the barb in that party. I think it was Colenzo that dropped it, not entirely sure.

On the realms, my best unique drop is probably eth HoZ 192%

TheRisingX

Diabloii.Net Member
My best "drops" are actually rolling grief runewords. so far I have:
30-399 Grief PB
34-400 Grief Zerk
and...
40/400/-24/14ed Grief PB (sup)

arcticknight

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow good job finding 2x Coas. I've only found one of them, and it was very very low 1 os 10% dr 23 resist so I would be happy with what you got. I've found almost every unique except Tyreals, Templars might, darkforce, boneflame, death cleaver, earth shifter, heavens light, astereons, azurewrath, and warshrike. Memorable ones I've found are 26 Fathom, 20/15 Griffons eye, and a Random Mang Songs staff off a baal run (damn that thing is rare, only thing I think that is rarer is Tyraels)

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Never really had a good drop streak, but I'm atm in the middle of a good rolling streak - Hoto39 in the beginng of the week, enigma774 yesterday and today a bramble 50/20...

Still haven't figured what char to make of the hoto+eni, or if I should sell them :scratch:

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
I have never found a CoA.

I've also never found a Griffon, Tyreals might, Death Cleaver, one of the unique necro heads (can't remember which), HoZ, Fathom, Steelrends, Grandfather, Windforce, Cranium Basher, the other thunder maul, Gris Caddy, Nat's Claw, Tal's Armor, Leviathan.

I found an eth stormlash my first ladder when I didnt use forums and charsi'd it because, of course, who the hell would want an eth weapon that would break!

Sigh...

So basically, if it's really good, I've never seen it or I did see it and blew it =P.

LordApophios

Diabloii.Net Member
My question is, how much mf do you guy running Meph have? I've been running 30-40 runs per night, for 2 months, with 500mf on a 3rd bp FB sorc, and I have NEVER even got a Shako from him. My first self-found shako was 2 nights ago, with my zealot (total mf 43%, from LW), in hell baal, and it was a 198, eth.

I never get nothing from him.

*pout*