Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2 build questions

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by FrustratedNecro9500, Feb 3, 2004.

1. FrustratedNecro9500

FrustratedNecro9500 IncGamers Member

2 build questions

i had a couple build ideas, probably already out there but maybe u guys can give me some insight into the viability of these 2 builds.

1)

static field - 8
    Telekinesis -1
    Teleport - 1

Warmth 15

Blizzard - 20
    Glacial Spike - 20
    Cold Mastery - 20
    Frost nova - 1
    Ice bolt - 1
    Ice blast -1

thats about 87 skill points, i would dump the rest into synergies for blizzard or maybe warmth. it pretty much makes the character one dimentional, but at least she'd be able to help out with static field, which at level 8 hopefully she wont have to get too awfully close to use. basic idea being cast blizzard slightly ahead of oncoming monsters, then cut loose with glacial spike, so they are stuck in the blizzard.

2)

Charged bolt - 1
    Lightning - 20
    chain lightning - 20
    lightning mastery -1
    telekinesis - 1
    teleport - 1
    static field - 8

warmth - 15

frost nova -1

i have already started building this character, shes about level 22 now. not too much killing power yet but she only has chain lightning at level 1 or 2. the build is sort of 1 dimensional, thats 85 skill points so far. the idea with frost nova is just to use it when guys get too close, then once they are slowed static once or twice, retreat, and fire off chain lightning. seems to work fairly well so far, the static weakens them and once that has happened the chain lightning seems to cut them down fairly well.

my other idea for a sorc build revolved around hydra, not cuz i think its the most powerful spell, but cuz i thought it would just be fun to try. doesnt seem to do much damage tho and the synergies dont amp it up a whole lot. plus hydra seems more of a PvP spell, and im pretty much strictly PvM. i dunno maybe max hydra and fire mastery, then frozen orb and cold mastery? maybe i could also have some points in static and have my 1st tri elementalist.

just as a side comment here...wouldnt it be great if there was a conviction act 2 merc? hehe.

2. HazardFC

HazardFC IncGamers Member

Your cold sorc is similiar to my build but let me suggest a couple of things

First.. an assumption.
    You need to assume you will get several +Skill items.. so you should somewhat plan that way.

1 - Static. You really only need 1 point. I have +12 from items and this range is fine. Even when I had +5 it was fine. I put 3 in static and wish I had the other 2 back

2 - Warmth. Again, I suggest only 1 point. Mana regen and such can come from other items and +Skill will help here too. That is a lot of points to spend on just mana regen

3 - In the cold tree, I maxed Blizzard and Glacial. I did NOT max CM. Again, I was going for 17 total so I put in 8 natural. There is agreat explanation somewhere as to why 17 is a sweet spot.

4 - With those points you could add a second tree. I also have FW maxed a few points in FM. Again, the +Items gets my FW to a respectable level to help with Cold Immunes.

5 - At lev **, I have even started adding to blast to get even more synergie on my cold tree.

Hope this helps. I have no experience on the lightning tree so cannot really comment there.

3. prion

prion IncGamers Member

yah

I remember my 09 orb/meteor sorc. I put too many points in warmth (like, 5). my blue ball never drained, but I wasn't able to salvage her for the patch either.

socket your gear with skulls for regen. Get +mana stuff. Craft caster gear. whatever works.

4. FrustratedNecro9500

FrustratedNecro9500 IncGamers Member

thanks guys

i'll just keep warmth at say 5 points, i think i already put 3 into static, but with the lack of a cold armor spell that increased range might actually help a little. with those 10 extra points i could maximize some cold synergies, i want that blizzard to really pack a wallop. so i will have to settle for using cold and static exclusively i suppose.

anyone else have any other thoughts regarding the other build and the possible tri elementalist?

5. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Was it not then clairified that if your going for a pure blizzard build you should max cold Mastery anyway to get full benefit.

Therefore the general route was to max blizz, max cm and the synergies behind that for pvm.?