Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2/3 frame strafe?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by tydon, Feb 3, 2004.

1. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

2/3 frame strafe?

I am making a mf pitrunner, and am wondering if 2 frame strafe is needed.

I use Or will

Stealskull
    Skulders
    Goldwrap
    20ias kb gloves
    Upgraded lycanders
    War travs
    dual leach ring with +12 str
    ravenfrost
    Ammy= Completely depends on 2 or 3 frame strafe...

I can 15 ias socket the helm, and armor, and use highlords and hit 2 frame strafe.

OR

I can hit 3 frame strafe with just 15 iasing the helm, and leaving the ammy open to atmas, sacrens, or a rare ammy, and ptopazing the skulders ire.

I will be using a might merc, and will have ~3xx dex.

Is it worth it to hit 2 frames? I can easily do it, but I will give up at the least, 24 mf, as well as either more mf, resists, or more damage.

2. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

I would personally stick to 3fps, since safety-wise there is not that much of a difference from strafing IF you have your character under control. Since you are using knockback already and probably a valkyrie and a mercenary I would say you're pretty safe.
    Killing-speed you could make a calculation for about how much damage you will put out per second, but even then 9/3fps will do just as well as 9/2fps. The differences will often start to show when you get to 7/2fps.

3. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

9/2's fun to get to. My wife would never go back to 9/3 with her WF. Don't forget to shael the bow..

Instead of using Stealskull, get Andariel's visage and 15 IAS jewel it. 35% IAS > 25% IAS from Stealskull.

Also please don't IAS jewel Skullders. At least get something like a Black Hades or Griswold's armor and triple IAS jewel that. Or IAS jewel a (upgraded?) Twitchthroe.

Another very good choice is M'avina's helm (30% IAS).

Ammy = Atmas if you want to murder with amp, Highlords if you want DS and have a good merc with reaper's toll.

4. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Also, the next-delay cancels some of the benefit of reaching 2 frames Strafe. Go for the extra mf and amp.

5. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

Considering this is a mf zon, skulders is the best choice.

I think I will go with 3 frame strafe and continue onwards.

Thanks for the input yall :)

6. brackk

brackk IncGamers Member

I have to agree with frenzie. You may as well ditch the WF and use a buriza at least a buri freezes archers and heck a buri easily hits 3.5

Everyone talks about 1 frame like if its nothing but on a strafe cycle of 10 arrows it looks like this.......

NOTE 25 frames = 1 second
    9//2 29 frames full strafe cycle
    9//3 39 frames full strafe cycle

Every 4-5 seconds roughly 9//2 puts 10 more arrows in the air. All of this is for illustrative purposes I am not talking real figures or recycle delays because that only muddies things up. Just remember that 1 frame when you're talking about strafe is HUGE.

7. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

A, not using a wf :)

B, You argue that a frame is huge, yet suggest the use of a crossbow...

c, I hate ballistas, always have..........

D, The bow is not in question, I could easily afford a better bow than this, but I am doing this simply for the love of the bow, lycanders has always been my favorite bow, but now, with the upgrade possible, it is a viable choice.

E, I really dont wanna step on toes, but I think I will go with the Amazon goddess's advice here

8. brackk

brackk IncGamers Member

Your original post indicated that you would have to forfeit 24 mf (at least)to gain 9//2 over 9//3. While you would never consider dropping 1/2 frame to strafe a xbow i cant imagine myself giving up twice that to gain 24 mf....

If you need ias gear to borrow for comparison purposes and are on east id be happy to loan you some gear so you can try for yourself.

edit ..
    as to toes i generaly have shoes on so step away :p

9. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I know that speed is good and all, I had a strafer in 09, and never really liked her, regardless of using wf, eagle, or ballista at any framerate. Now that strafe seems to work better, I am going to do it with my long time favorite bow.

Kirsty has been around these amazon forums for along time, and although I may not agree with her 100% on kuko being the best bow, I do acknowledge she does know a fair, actually, huge amount of things about zonz.

I am on west ~

10. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Since the posters interest is in doing mf runs mainly (that part should be very clear), I suggested the 9/3 fps. The difference between 9/2 is noticable but in my opinion it does not make a huge difference in killing speed since his weapon and gear setup looks good enough already. I don't think it will notably make mf runs faster, at least not enough to sacrifice good mf gear possibilities for.

11. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

Using a Buriza to do Pit Run might be better. There is always this Shaman that keep reviving the Fallens from far off the screen and you would not know where the hell is he, adding that is kind of dark there as well. It is really frustrating as you will have to spend quite sometime to clear the section. While Buriza will shattered them very often.

This even worse in World Stone, where those mummy keep reviving those skele warrior and black soul.

12. Aron Figaro

Aron Figaro IncGamers Member

Personally I'm probably just going to use Buriza on my Strafezon for the flavour of it. Sorta like FF6's Autocrossbow. I might try a few rare elite repeaters too, if I can imbue a really, really good one with lots of IAS. I'm hoping to hit 3 frames, maybe even 2 frame strafe...

13. brackk

brackk IncGamers Member

Max on a xbow is 11//3 to reach that a 10 class xbow(ie: buriza) needs 215 ias. So with shael in burry you still need 115 ias in gear. 12//3.5 only needs 138 total so with gloves and highlords you could still wear shako and skulders.

14. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I have stated I understand that other bows may be better, but I have also said:

"D, The bow is not in question, I could easily afford a better bow than this, but I am doing this simply for the love of the bow, lycanders has always been my favorite bow, but now, with the upgrade possible, it is a viable choice."

Thanks for your input guys.