Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1pt uber trist smiter using conviction and fanaticism ifra

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by obeliskthetormentor, Apr 22, 2008.

1. obeliskthetormentor

obeliskthetormentor IncGamers Member

1pt uber trist smiter using conviction and fanaticism

Hi, I was just wondering if a uber trist smiter could max both conviction and fanaticism auras and just switch auras while fighting different ubers. For instance, you use conviction aura against meph so you wouldn't have to worry about ever stacking your resistance to match the penalty again. Then you switch over to fanaticism for diablo and baal. I was wondering if this build would work:

20 conviction
    20 fanaticism
    20 holy shield
    20 defiance
    1 smite
    1 zeal
    rest prereqs

Since I will have enough plus skills to put zeal at 5 hits and a ignore target defense weapon so i don't have to worry about attack rating, I was wondering if this build is more flexible than maxing zeal and sacrifice for the 1-pt uber trist smiter build. Also, just in case you were wondering what my gear is for running ubers:

Grief, hoz, coh, guillaumes, highlords, dual ravens, tgods, dracs, gores, anni.

I have enough more than enough plus skills to get 5 hit zeal and also have max resistance in hell.

Any thoughts or responses would be very much appreciated.

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: 1pt uber trist smiter using conviction and fanaticism

Why waste 20 points in Conviction when you can put 1 point in Salvation? You smite anyway, so elemental damage does not apply, and defense does not matter. So, instead of wasting your time with a needless aura (that also requires a hefty amount of prereqs), just use Salvation.

3. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Re: 1pt uber trist smiter using conviction and fanaticism

I would recommend against putting 20 points into conviction, 21 soft points is enough. Saves a few skill points. Forget about Defiance, all the crap in Uber Tristram is elemental. Max Sacrifice instead. I use my v/t to do uber trist, and trust me, 1 Zeal 1 Sacrifice = slow zeal. Your build might be better for party play, your party will just love conviction.

The thing is, it's not that hard to stack resists against conviction. Meph's is -125. Get max resists in hell, Fade + Salvation will be more than enough to cover his conviction. Use Treachery armor (ShaelThulLem), stand in the fire until fade casts, and you're good to go.

EDIT: owned.