Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1pt enchant 20fm, bonus damage for merc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Forcefeedback, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

1pt enchant 20fm, bonus damage for merc?

Quick noob question.

I have a "untwinked" (im poor) lvl 79 MeteOrb sorc and I was wondering if having a point in enchant is worth it.

My hf merc has Meat scraper and his listed damage is like max 600 so how much lvl 1 enchant would help? I know meteors damage blows 1pt enchant into nothing but still its only a point and it might be good for the occational multiplay (i play single player).

Sorry if this question has been answered in another thread but im really a beginner in 1.10 sorcs (had orb sorc in classic)

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

8-10 lvl enchant * (1+1.63) = 21-26 added fire damage.
    Which is crap ;) So its not worth it at all! Certainly not 1 skillpoint that would benefit one of your spells.

Upgrade Meatscraper if you are on Ladder or get a better Merc weapon. on lvl79 that would not be enough/optimal damage for your HF-Merc. He's basically scratching monsters in Hell, not even want to talk about super unqiue act bosses where damage form Merc is reduced.

EDIT: Ah, forgot about +skills ;) *points to sasjas post* still not worth it.

3. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Assuming +5 skills, one point in Enchant will mean slvl 6, giving an average of +20 fire damage. Fire Mastery at slvl 26 will boost that by 205% to the minghty total of 41 damage. In other words, no it's probably not worth it.

Edit: damn, too late! :p

4. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Quick responses

Thanks for the responses

melianor especially hit the spot: My merc is barely scratching(sp) the monsters when I try doing The Pit. I guess I have to play defensively (like im not doing it already;) and hope for some unique polearm to drop (the scraper was a gift).

On a sidenote: If I lose my sanity in reviving my merc after a normal pack of devilkin (yes im sp /players 8 player) where do you think would be best place to look for a weapon drop? Nighmare Mephisto?

Again thanks for the extreamly quick responses and bowing down to replying to a stupid question!

5. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

NM Mephisto is a good run, but if you can handle Durance 2 in Hell, the Meteorb does the moat trick very well. Hell Mephi can drop all the coolest merc weapons.