Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

19 Days to go Fridaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

RL: The 2016 Circulating Biomarkers Conference is in 19 days, and I am nervous! It should be fun though, and awesome networking opportunities. In case anybody wants to come along haha
    https://biotexcel.com/event/circulating-biomarkers-2016/

D2: Hopefully do something today, but a lot of coursework to do, and as my Mum decided to clatter dishes around at 6:30 this morning, my chance to a decent night of sleep has not worked out, so pretty grumpy.

OVG: Pokemon Y is still being neglected :(

2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

RL: the new Marillion album will arrive today, so nothing else really matters !!! Listening to Marillion all day at work to celebrate this great moment.

D2: quite undecisive lately as to what to do with my Sorc. Finally did some more CS runs to gain some xp after a very long time, but already reverted to LK to find that Sur or Ber, so I can make Infinity. I don't have a good base for it yet though.

OVG: same as last time.

Kitteh likes this.
  3. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

RL: I applied for the position my boss has at another location. I know I did well, one of my friends works at this other location and got the scoop for me, she's friends with the interviewer. Said it was going to be a tough choice between me and this other guy. I really hope I get the position and I'm very qualified. It would just be cool to be boss.

D2: been half heartedly playing 1.09, mfing a bit here and there on my sorcy. Trying to round out my mf gear for 1.10a to find a beta bkwb.

OVG: game called Alto on my phone. It's a polished little game for Android only, I think. You snowboard down a hill and collect llamas and coins and stuff. It's pretty dece

Kitteh likes this.
  4. Kitteh

What is the job ND?

5. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

Residential coordinator. I work with adults with special needs and have for my entire adult life. Nearly 6 years now. I guess I'm sort of giving away my age but whatever

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  6. Kitteh

Ah nice :) I did a bit of that when I was a care worker, difficult work. Rewarding though.

7. Zenigma

Zenigma IncGamers Member

RL: had a decent date on Wednesday, we'll see if anything comes of it. Getting excited for the Oktoberfest event in Belegarth. I need to repair my blade covers for that first, we'll probably do that this weekend or next. Special project at work is going, so that's good.

D2: inching along with the untwinked throw barb. Made a critical mistake which I'm going to post about in my next update, but doing my best to recover until he's back to form.

OVG: the usual, a touch of hearthstone here and there.

Kitteh likes this.
  8. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

RL: Now that I am in full-time job, I've learned to appreciate Fridays a lot more than I used to, so enjoying Friday to the fullest. Also, 2 weeks since I decided to stop drinking, I know not a big achievement, but I was drinking way too much so it's best this way. Not sure if I'm going to quit for good, but let's see how having a break for the rest of the year looks like and I'll go from there :) Also, booked flights for me and my girlfriend to go back home, it's been a bit over year since we last went home, so nice break coming up next month.

D2: Fury/Rabies untwinked 99 char started, wandering around in Act 2, trying to gather gold/gems/runes and exp, hoping to get some decent weapon to use. It literally took me 24 levels to find my first item with +mf and it's only +6mf ring. So, probably just keep playing him and occasionally do random MF runs with my Blizzsorc to have a break.

OVG: Haven't played No Man's Sky in ages, but unlike everyone else, I haven't completely given up on hope with it. I mean, I like the base game already as it is, I like playing the role of a space photographer :) Just need to get myself out of D2, but it's proving more and more difficult. Also, need to find some time to play Starbound, my boss plays it A LOT and he keeps asking me all the time have I made any progress and when I start talking about D2 stuff, he just gets bored :D

@Kitteh just a visitor at the Conference or do you have a paper/project to present? My project was presented about a year ago at this one Abcam event in Germany, I was so excited but University wouldn't pay for the fees/flights for me and I couldn't afford it myself, so my supervisor (who was attending there anyways) presented it for me. Annoying as hell, but there's was nothing I could do then, it all kinda fell onto our hands and we had like a month to prepare for it and try to get funding to travel.

Zenigma likes this.
  9. Kitteh

I haven't had a drink for a LONG time, feels great, keep at it! Also, NMS keeps getting suggested to me, but no time :(

Sort of. I'm on the committee for the Abertay BioScience Society and we host it each year, so organising mostly. It is a great networking opportunity however, so I'm really looking forward to it, although I will miss the first half of both days due to lectures. Obviously I don't have to pay haha The lowest entry cost (for students only) is £192, £228 for academics and £396 for industry. Then dinner as well, which is £42. Plus travel etc. I can't wait to have to find a way to go and present my papers :p Money is a nuisance huh?