18 years late to the party

Popoliem

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello all,

So I have been meaning to play Diablo 2 for such a long time, however kids etc had put that on hold, now they are grown up I have a lot more time to invest :)

Is the £8.99 from Blizzard site the whole complete game ? I don't see any expansions.

I had a little dabble with D3 and enjoyed it, ARPGs with loot drops are by far my favourite games!

I know graphic wise D2 isn't going to wow me, but I am more into gameplay than graphics anyways.

So…..as a complete newbie do any of you have any advice for me, a complete novice.

TIA

Ghonn

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello!

Diablo 2 consists of two parts: The main game (Diablo 2) and its expansion set (Lord of Destruction). They are separately available at blizzard.com and I recommend you get them both.

Welcome! I'm sure some of the veterans will soon chime in. I'd still recommend exploring the game by yourself a bit first :)

Popoliem

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello!

Diablo 2 consists of two parts: The main game (Diablo 2) and its expansion set (Lord of Destruction). They are separately available at blizzard.com and I recommend you get them both.

Welcome! I'm sure some of the veterans will soon chime in. I'd still recommend exploring the game by yourself a bit first :)

Thanks!

Yeah just found the expansions and bought it (Only let me click it when I searched for it)

4 minutes to download, I'm damn excited! lol

Ghonn

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, that is absolutely ok :D
You should be! This is the definitive Diablo-experience, and the game has dragged me back every now and then since its release. It's my all time favourite.

Be warned, though. This isn't exactly as fast paced and flashy as D3 tends to be, if that was your first touch to the series.

Popoliem

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, that is absolutely ok :D
You should be! This is the definitive Diablo-experience, and the game has dragged me back every now and then since its release. It's my all time favourite.

Be warned, though. This isn't exactly as fast paced and flashy as D3 tends to be, if that was your first touch to the series.

Thanks for the advice, I had kinda knew what to expect as I had watched some videos, 4 hours in and its safe to say I'm hooked, although my bag isn't big enough and going back to your dead corpse isn't fun lol everything else so far tho is thumbs up :)

Ghonn

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're playing single player, try GoMule. It will solve your stash space problem by adding infinite stashes and easy muling between characters without altering the game itself in any way. If that's the case, you should also check our single player forums. It's a bottomless source for D2 information.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game :) May your drops be green and golden!

Last edited:

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Yes the post above is good advice. The best way to enjoy D2 today is through the single player function. You can still play with others via TCP/IP but you won't have the spam bots to deal with. You'll be playing with others from here who want to help. Go on over to our single player forum, introduce yourself, download Go Mule and start playing.

What character do you think you'll play first?

and welcome to our little community!