15800 life-is that possible?

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
if they're both naked then how u get lvl 30?

and do u realize the increasing point in werebear wont increase %life? only lycanthropy increase %life. werebear always stay 50% life boost, wont increase further skill pts investment.

so i doubt that the difference 25% and 50% will make the ur life 1k apart.

with no gear, i believe druid has higher life. but with gear, barb's life is higher.
ok at lvl 30, same match:

at lvl 20, druid will have 3723 life, while barb will have 3281

Bigrob

Banned
Paul barbarian said:
MAN, DUDE, :p YOU MADE ME SO HAPPY, NOW A WORK ON BEAR BARBARIAN WILL START, THANK YOU, THANK YOU :)

:D
,NOW i'LL MAKE BARB WITH SO MANY LIFE :lol:

wolfbarb is better than bear barb.

i never like bear cuz of lack of ias and ar.

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
yes, they will stack.
one more question, will barb's weapon mastery be usefull in this situation?

or any barb's skills? (will Battle command increase lvl of shifts and other druid abilities?)

or any druid's skills

will block on shield work?

and what will work at all

thank you

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
wolfbarb is better than bear barb.

i never like bear cuz of lack of ias and ar.

I like bear, becasue of stun, life and DAMAGE, now I'll make huge bear barb. WIth HUGE life leech and LIFE, pure Kodiak bear LOL

I don't really care about ar and speed I just want insane damage and life, ar and speed for me is secondary.

Bigrob

Banned
Paul barbarian said:
one more question, will barb's weapon mastery be usefull in this situation?

or any barb's skills?

or any druid's skills

will block on shield work?

and what will work at all

thank you
barb mastery will work

block on shield will work

but once u shift to either bear or wolf, u can no longer be able to use the skill from barb. (like ww or concentrate) u can only use norm attack, rabie, or feral rage.

read the zero-unit's wolfbarb guide, which it will answer almost all ur questions.

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
barb mastery will work

but once u shift to either bear or wolf, u can no longer be able to use the skill from barb. (like ww or concentrate) u can only use norm attack, rabie, or feral rage.

read the zero-unit's wolfbarb guide, which it will answer almost all ur questions.

NICE very nice.

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
barb mastery will work

OH GOD, I just calculated it, let's assume that barb has lvl 30 BO from some items, and nothing gives to life, so basically he has his base life of 1755, well, this helm plus beast runeword in weapon will give him the following:

He shouts battle orders, gets 3808 life, turns in to lvl 9 bear, gets +110% additional and gets incredible 5738 life WITHOUT ITEMS GIVING TO LIFE.

Valvolux

Diabloii.Net Member
Hunger doesn't stun by itself Paul, only if charged with maul first.

Werebears have to many weaknesses compared to barbs to therefore will most likely have less life. Poor Fhr, no natural resists, limited weapons etc.

Speed and AR is far more important than damage on a werebear aswell, 15k damage with a t-maul isn't killing anything if your dead in 2 whirlwinds.

No Maul bear is gonna beat a average whirlwind barb sorry.

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
update us on your bearbarb, it seems interesting.

USE THE EDIT BUTTON ><|||| DONT DOUBLE POST

also bear barb= crazy life and crazy defense

i suggest you max bo, shout, iron skin, sword mastery, and natural resistance. You'll be the ultimate tank. you haev to watch your AR and damage though but max/ar/life charms should help along with mastery/life charms

botd phase blade will get you to 5 fpa accordign to dragonns calculator and that thing is pretty accurate

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm i have long fiddled with the idea of a bearbarb too :p The huge problem is basically obtaining a decent amount of AR to land hits in PvP :( With +skills werebear gives dmg/def while lyn more life. Standard bear attack grants no AR and the only way to attain it are the usual suspects: ravens, angelics, hsarus combo and weapon mastery. Think Demonlimb prebuff is compulsory for this build. I agree : maxed shout + ironskin + decent lvl werebear = insane defence but i have not calculated exactly which type of bear could attain higest defence : this or the palabear with maxed holyshield+defiance :p But life = bear barb If bear barb actually uses beast as weapon fastest is 6fpa bear attack with Beast Warspike and 29 skill_ias from slvl 9 fan aura. Fan aura grants AR/ed as well. I agree with Tor somewhat but maybe 5 into Nat Res and Increased Speed (and use high def light elite class armor) would suffice as there are diminishing returns so let +skill boost em? Pity standard bear attack does not stun but a recent thread @ the statistics forum have shown that two items having ctc of the same slvl of a skill stack so in theory to 'impersonate' stun one could equip 2*carrion rings and have 16%ctc lvl 13 twister :p Also wolfhowl may not be the only option - a barb delirium with +3bo/shout/x boosts all skills and ends up having +5bo/shout hehe. Do keep us posted though on this bear barb project and wish you sucess :D

p.s If one could not afford a botd pb then an upped Crainte Vomir Legend Sword shaeled or ed/ias and shaeled Horizon's Tornado Scourge will also hit 5fpa bear barb attack :p

Paul barbarian said:
Look, Ebotd Thunder mallet, irght? 1700 damage of maul itself, lvl 31 Werbear and Maul, I'll show it to you on usuall damage calculator:
Maximum Damage = (Weapon Maximum Damage + (+x To Maximum Damage)) * (1 + StatBonus + (+x % Enhanced Damage) / 100)) * Modifier

look, I assume that we have +117 max damage from charms, 200 strength, from werbear we have 260% ED, from Maul 360% ED, from steelrends 60% ED, so in total it is: +690% ED, good huh?

(1700+117)*(1+2+(690/100))
1817*(3+6,9)
1817*9,9
~18000 damage in oone hit, good :D , I llike this number, plus don't forget, Maul stuns, shock wave stuns and hunger stuns.

after PVP penalty and all else we have 18000/12=1499 damage, in ONE hit, now you belive? it IS possible. As I said two LUCKY hits=no pally.

Dude this is only with charms, steelrends, Ebotd thunder maul, and skills, nothing else.
Go for average damage, not maximum damage, you really can't count on your luck in duels.

You forgot blocking, 1499/4 would be your actual pvp damage per hit, if you hitted maximum damage every time. :uhhuh: ;)

EDIT: Is this char intended for dueling, monster killing or just life bragging? Since I can't see how you'd be able to complete hell or kill any decent char with it. It'd be like if you were in a war and made all your offensive objects into one big wall. Afterwards you'd just sit back and wait for the enemy to slowly destroy the wall. :p

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
with some amount of oias, a bear barb can hit 4 fpa with a wolf caddy (3xed/ias and Lo rune). that would be my weapon of choice, especially over a botd phase. also, a robo zerker can hit 4 fpa with some oias (not sure the exact amount, again), and thats a range 3 weapon over the typical range 2 weapons used by normal bears. if you lower once to 5 fpa, then you can use a great deal more weapons (potentially even a grief phase, but not sure here) that a wolf barb CAN"T use. bears will get more ed/life/defense, but have less ar and often less speed than a wolf barb, mainly because of no attack. however, they can be done.

--welt

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
Weltkriegpally said:
with some amount of oias, a bear barb can hit 4 fpa with a wolf caddy (3xed/ias and Lo rune). that would be my weapon of choice, especially over a botd phase. also, a robo zerker can hit 4 fpa with some oias (not sure the exact amount, again), and thats a range 3 weapon over the typical range 2 weapons used by normal bears. if you lower once to 5 fpa, then you can use a great deal more weapons (potentially even a grief phase, but not sure here) that a wolf barb CAN"T use. bears will get more ed/life/defense, but have less ar and often less speed than a wolf barb, mainly because of no attack. however, they can be done.

--welt
no it cant, to get 4 frame the barb would need 4 ias jewels in caddy and 20%oias.
Also the robozerker would have to be non eth and have at least 3 shaels in it with alot of Oias.
Grief is 6 frame.

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Valvolux said:
Hunger doesn't stun by itself Paul, only if charged with maul first.

Werebears have to many weaknesses compared to barbs to therefore will most likely have less life. Poor Fhr, no natural resists, limited weapons etc.

Speed and AR is far more important than damage on a werebear aswell, 15k damage with a t-maul isn't killing anything if your dead in 2 whirlwinds.

No Maul bear is gonna beat a average whirlwind barb sorry.
DUde you haven't read all thread, read first messages, werbear is gonna have up to 3-4 times more life, and more damage

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Tor said:
update us on your bearbarb, it seems interesting.

USE THE EDIT BUTTON ><|||| DONT DOUBLE POST

also bear barb= crazy life and crazy defense

i suggest you max bo, shout, iron skin, sword mastery, and natural resistance. You'll be the ultimate tank. you haev to watch your AR and damage though but max/ar/life charms should help along with mastery/life charms

botd phase blade will get you to 5 fpa accordign to dragonns calculator and that thing is pretty accurate
Thanks for support, but I will not be able to take ebotd, I'll take Beast, obviously becasue I'll not turn in to bear with ebotd, beast will grant werebear ability, but about skills and masteries thank you for advice, I actually want to max axe mastery isn't it better? beast zerk Is gonna be better, isn't it?

But now all I'm doing is calculating life with different gear variations, I'm thinking on going steelrends for better damage, highlords ammy and gores for deadly strike, but what you guys think, is it better to go with angelics or amulet of whale, or mara's?

Vitality bonus from Verdungo gives to life, does this life gets multiplied by BO BEAR and LYC?

And one more, does my Battle command increase my werbear and lycantrophy abilities?

thanks for support again, that was my point to create ultimate tank, by the way I wanna use shield, stormshield

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey guys, I have a question, if I put on Verdungo's belt, it gives 40 vita, which means for barbarian 160 life, will this life be multiplied by BO WEREBEAR LYCANTROPHY.

One more question, + to skills from anihilus and enigma boost my werbear skils and lycantrophy?

Paul barbarian said:
Thanks for support, but I will not be able to take ebotd, I'll take Beast, obviously becasue I'll not turn in to bear with ebotd, beast will grant werebear ability
Take beast on, switch to bear and change weapon ;)

If you want to create the ultimative tank I'd say defence and res >> life. Have you ever tried to stand in a mob of monsters on Hell with 10k of life, no shield, about 0.2k def and -50 all res? You sure die fast ;)

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
+vit is not multiplied by BO/lycan

just shift into bear and press w to switch weapons and have an ebotd phase/ss as the switch

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Tor said:
+vit is not multiplied by BO/lycan

just shift into bear and press w to switch weapons and have an ebotd phase/ss as the switch

I can do like that?, that would be great, and question, my battle command, does it affect my werbear or lycantrophy skils, anuhilus charm, does it affect werbear and other +to skills, do they affect werbear form?

And even one more question, If I take beast weapon and runeword in shield that gives +2 to skills, switch to bear, shout, summon OAK (nature's peace), than I switch to ebotd weapon, will my life go down because I will not be using shield?

So far, I duked out only 11000 life for barb, lone barb:

If I use:
Wolfhowl with perfect ruby in it(+38 life)
Beast and hoto (+3 skills), then switch to grief scourge and stormshield(perfect ruby in stormshield) for fighting
dwarf star (+40 life) and nature peace (for lvl 5 oak)
Enigma (+2 skills)
+3 to warcries and +100 life amulet
Arachnid mesh (+1 to skills)
Bloodfists(+40 life)
waterwalk(+65 life)
anihilus charm
BO-lvl 31 - 122% life
Werbear lvl 9 - 110% life
Oak-lvl 5 - +50% life
barb-bear will have 11062 life in the end, assuming that enigma's, anni's, hoto's + to skills don't affect werbear or lycantrophy.

I need more info on gear, I don't know how some tricks work, I don't know if + to skills affect werbear skilll or lycantrophy skill.