15800 life-is that possible?

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
batuchka said:
Wow i like what i am listening but i have some thoughts to share :p

If you are using CTA then i think some more calculations are needed to confirm what optimum gear for respective slots would be in order to attain max life.
Options like +2 druid/whale, +3shapeshift/whale and mara's/seraph's for ammy slot during *prebuff* (highlords for battle mode) have to be calculated. Also other than cerebus a shako or delirium druid pelt (+3lyn/oak) could be other avenues.
For battle mode a ebotd Thundermaul would give you 10fpa maul @35 oias. Since we are going 2-h and no block i may be wrong but even with 15800 life in PvP and that slow of an attack its gonna be hard :( I would go for a range 5 big boy as at least it offers an advantage for PvP w/o block. A ebotd Great Poleaxe meanwhile has range 5, hits 7fpa maul @30 oias :D Dex requirements aren't too steep either hehe. I hope you pull off a high life bear though :D
I don't care about range or anything else, ok?

I calculated, that with lvl 31 Werbear and maul I will do 1400 damage to other char's life, including PVP penalty and max damage resist, so, 2 hits=no pally, 3 hits=no barb with 4k life, plus I'm calculating now life leech and mana leeche of hunger, one bite and I think I'll restain considerable amount of life
 
Paul barbarian said:
I don't care about range or anything else, ok?

I calculated, that with lvl 31 Werbear and maul I will do 1400 damage to other char's life, including PVP penalty and max damage resist, so, 2 hits=no pally, 3 hits=no barb with 4k life, plus I'm calculating now life leech and mana leeche of hunger, one bite and I think I'll restain considerable amount of life
Your first post is way to long for me to read it, but I can't believe you can deal 1400 damage after pvp penalty, physical resist and blocking.

Beside I don't know if this feature still works, but if you use some specific item from .08 or something you can get negative amount of life, in that way I think you'll have 250k life.

Most bears use fireclaw for damage and then they obtain a phase blade for a very fast attack. You would of course not be able to get maximum life if you spend 100 skill points on fire. Then there's the shockwave/bear bear, if it's still as good as it was in .09. Basicly you just stun the opponent with shockwave while a bear you summon does the damage. :)

Though the bear damage might be to low versus meeles and you won't catch up with casters.

Btw. Having above 10k of life in duels and using full rev potions can make you into a real pain ;):D
 

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Verdungo, it has +40 to vita, it gives +40 vitality, which means +80 to life and this life get's boosted by all OAK and Werbear

And question about usuall + to life bonus: let's assume I have amulet of whale, it give + 100 to life, this life will be boosted by OAK and bear form, right?
 

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
MonsterSlayer said:
Your first post is way to long for me to read it, but I can't believe you can deal 1400 damage after pvp penalty, physical resist and blocking.

Beside I don't know if this feature still works, but if you use some specific item from .08 or something you can get negative amount of life, in that way I think you'll have 250k life.

Most bears use fireclaw for damage and then they obtain a phase blade for a very fast attack. You would of course not be able to get maximum life if you spend 100 skill points on fire. Then there's the shockwave/bear bear, if it's still as good as it was in .09. Basicly you just stun the opponent with shockwave while a bear you summon does the damage. :)

Though the bear damage might be to low versus meeles and you won't catch up with casters.

Btw. Having above 10k of life in duels and using full rev potions can make you into a real pain ;):D
Look, Ebotd Thunder mallet, irght? 1700 damage of maul itself, lvl 31 Werbear and Maul, I'll show it to you on usuall damage calculator:
Maximum Damage = (Weapon Maximum Damage + (+x To Maximum Damage)) * (1 + StatBonus + (+x % Enhanced Damage) / 100)) * Modifier

look, I assume that we have +117 max damage from charms, 200 strength, from werbear we have 260% ED, from Maul 360% ED, from steelrends 60% ED, so in total it is: +690% ED, good huh?

(1700+117)*(1+2+(690/100))
1817*(3+6,9)
1817*9,9
~18000 damage in oone hit, good :D , I llike this number, plus don't forget, Maul stuns, shock wave stuns and hunger stuns.

after PVP penalty and all else we have 18000/12=1499 damage, in ONE hit, now you belive? it IS possible. As I said two LUCKY hits=no pally.

Dude this is only with charms, steelrends, Ebotd thunder maul, and skills, nothing else.
 

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
1st.Ebotd tmaul doesnt have 1700 dmg its more like 1300.
2nd. With 10 fpa attack, u wont be able to even start it as u will be interrupted, and killed extremely fast without a shield by any knowledgeable melee dueler, dont even get me started on casters. I suggest u listen to ppl who have some idea of dueling, this will save u the frustration of wasting runes on ebotd tmaul ( a complete waste imo), and building a char to use it which u will scrap after dueling 1 or 2 times and seeing how pathetic it is.
 

Bigrob

Banned
the answer is yes, u can achieve the life that high.

but u cannot achieve by urself. (which mean no help from teammate)

only barb can get the life that high.
 

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
lCE said:
1st.Ebotd tmaul doesnt have 1700 dmg its more like 1300.
2nd. With 10 fpa attack, u wont be able to even start it as u will be interrupted, and killed extremely fast without a shield by any knowledgeable melee dueler, dont even get me started on casters. I suggest u listen to ppl who have some idea of dueling, this will save u the frustration of wasting runes on ebotd tmaul ( a complete waste imo), and building a char to use it which u will scrap after dueling 1 or 2 times and seeing how pathetic it is.
COME HERE, MY FRIED AND LET'S BRING ALL THESE discussions to an end:


http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=340848&page=1&highlight=charger



it is not ebotd, I'm sorry, but still even better, 1775 damage, look my friend:

(1775+117)*(1+2+(690/100))
1892*(3+6,9)
1892*9,9
~18730 damage in one hit, good :D , I llike this number, plus don't forget, Maul stuns, shock wave stuns and hunger stuns.

after PVP penalty and all else we have 18730/12=1560 damage, in ONE hit, now you belive? it IS possible. As I said two LUCKY hits=no pally.


About this char, I wanna make the largest possible char with life and damage, I don't care now about speed or something and one thing to you, you should know facts better, thunder mallet has normal swing speed on druid, dude, before posting something check it.
 

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
the answer is yes, u can achieve the life that high.

but u cannot achieve by urself. (which mean no help from teammate)

only barb can get the life that high.
Druid can have the highest life of all chars if taken one, it is simple, a lot of + life stuff, I don't think barb can get it that high, even with gear.
If they wil be one on one, bear druid will have unmatched life.
 

Bigrob

Banned
Paul barbarian said:
Druid can have the highest life of all chars if taken one, it is simple, a lot of + life stuff, I don't think barb can get it that high, even with gear.
If they wil be one on one, bear druid will have unmatched life.
remember, barb can shift to bear as well. and the bo from cta cant compare to barb.

barb has a teammate with lvl30+oak. lvl50 bo + lvl30 oak + beast+ 4life per vita = awesome. while bear only get 2life per vita. :p
 

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
I have one question for you guys:

Look at diabloii.net's item prefixes, in there you can see, rare items can have up to 3 prefixes, but only one from one prefix family, down there you can see, + skill TABS, and + skill POINTS, are they different families, if yes, we can assume that there might be an amulet like this:

prefixes:
+2 to druid shapeshifting
+2 to druid sumons

suffixes:
+100 life (whale's, it can appear on rare items)

this would be a good item for big guy druid.

one more question:

can there appear armor of whale, than you make in it 4 sockets, and put 4 perfect rubies +38 life each, you will have 252 life in total, it would be a good armor, huh? Is it possible?

And one more, in the game it writes, Werbear receives bonus fro mlycantrophy, at lvl 20 you got 115% life from lycantrophy and +165% life from werbear, do they stack, I mean when I count life % should I include both or only one?
 

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
remember, barb can shift to bear as well. and the bo from cta cant compare to barb.

barb has a teammate with lvl30+oak. lvl50 bo + lvl30 oak + beast+ 4life per vita = awesome. while bear only get 2life per vita. :p
Battle Orders isn't what makes a Barbarian have much higher life than a druid. Compared against each other, Battle Orders falls very far short of the massive +%Life that a druid can get from werebear + lycanthropy + Oak. Lv50 BO = +182% Life/Mana. Lv40 Lycanthropy + Werebear + lv40 Oak = +490% Life.

Barbarians will have more life only because they have better life/vitality.
 

Bigrob

Banned
aznbboi16 said:
Battle Orders isn't what makes a Barbarian have much higher life than a druid. Compared against each other, Battle Orders falls very far short of the massive +%Life that a druid can get from werebear + lycanthropy + Oak. Lv50 BO = +182% Life/Mana. Lv40 Lycanthropy + Werebear + lv40 Oak = +490% Life.

Barbarians will have more life only because they have better life/vitality.
which i stat in my message. :D

but ur right on the bo part.
 

Bigrob

Banned
Paul barbarian said:
I have one question for you guys:

Look at diabloii.net's item prefixes, in there you can see, rare items can have up to 3 prefixes, but only one from one prefix family, down there you can see, + skill TABS, and + skill POINTS, are they different families, if yes, we can assume that there might be an amulet like this:

prefixes:
+2 to druid shapeshifting
+2 to druid sumons

suffixes:
+100 life (whale's, it can appear on rare items)

this would be a good item for big guy druid.

one more question:

can there appear armor of whale, than you make in it 4 sockets, and put 4 perfect rubies +38 life each, you will have 252 life in total, it would be a good armor, huh? Is it possible?
the whale suffix cannot appear on rare items, only magic.

the maximum +life mod on rare item is 60.
 

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
which i stat in my message. :D

but ur right on the bo part.
You stated that druids are disadvantaged because they lack a high level bo. I said Barbarians are at a disadvantage +%life-wise because they lack a decent lycanthropy, which makes a much bigger difference.
 

Bigrob

Banned
aznbboi16 said:
You stated that druids are disadvantaged because they lack a high level bo. I said Barbarians are at a disadvantage +%life-wise because they lack a decent lycanthropy, which makes a much bigger difference.
well in 1 on 1 situation how is barb still has higher life than bear + oak?
 

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
aznbboi16 said:
Battle Orders isn't what makes a Barbarian have much higher life than a druid. Compared against each other, Battle Orders falls very far short of the massive +%Life that a druid can get from werebear + lycanthropy + Oak. Lv50 BO = +182% Life/Mana. Lv40 Lycanthropy + Werebear + lv40 Oak = +490% Life.

Barbarians will have more life only because they have better life/vitality.

OK TO MAKE IT CLEAR, barb will have LESS life than druid in bear form with OAK, it is that simple.

OK, make it even more clear:

here stands lvl 99 barb with lvl 30 BO, 375 points are spent on vitality no items, he has base life is 1755, with BO he has 3808


here stand druid with same "setup", but with lvl 30 lycantrophy, lvl 30 werbear, lvl 30 oak, he has base life 955, but when he switches to bear, he has 3008 life, than he summons oak and has 4679 life, as you see, it is about 1000 life more than barb.

OK now people, DRUID has MORE life than BARB.

I'd like to see weaponless fight, what if both fight without gear :lol: My money is on druid, LOL, how do you guys think who would win?
 

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
AND nevertheless, I have a question, what if barb grabs wolfhowl AND beast, as we see beast grants +3 to werbear, and +3 to lycantrophy, and wolfhowl grants +6 to shapeshifting, if he gets these two items, does it stack? I mean will these werbear and lucantrophy have bonuses from wolfhowl's +6 to shapeshifting? If yes, than barbs can have astronomical amounts of life.
 

Bigrob

Banned
Paul barbarian said:
OK TO MAKE IT CLEAR, barb will have LESS life than druid in bear form with OAK, it is that simple.

OK, make it even more clear:

here stands lvl 99 barb with lvl 30 BO, 375 points are spent on vitality no items, he has base life is 1755, with BO he has 3808


here stand druid with same "setup", but with lvl 30 lycantrophy, lvl 30 werbear, lvl 30 oak, he has base life 955, but when he switches to bear, he has 3008 life, than he summons oak and has 4679 life, as you see, it is about 1000 life more than barb.

OK now people, DRUID has MORE life than BARB.

I'd like to see weaponless fight, what if both fight without gear :lol: My money is on druid, LOL, how do you guys think who would win?
if they're both naked then how u get skills of lvl30?

and do u realize the increasing point in werebear wont increase %life? only lycanthropy increase %life. werebear always stay 50% life boost, wont increase further skill pts investment.

so i doubt that the difference between 25% and 50% will make ur life 1k apart.

with no gear, i believe druid has higher life. but with gear, barb's life is higher.
 

Bigrob

Banned
Paul barbarian said:
AND nevertheless, I have a question, what if barb grabs wolfhowl AND beast, as we see beast grants +3 to werbear, and +3 to lycantrophy, and wolfhowl grants +6 to shapeshifting, if he gets these two items, does it stack? I mean will these werbear and lucantrophy have bonuses from wolfhowl's +6 to shapeshifting? If yes, than barbs can have astronomical amounts of life.
yes, they will stack.
 
Top