Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

-15% light resi on thunderstroke - how does it work?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Jedi, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

-15% light resi on thunderstroke - how does it work?

there are a few more items with the same mod for cold etc. i jsut picked the thunderstroke because i remember the name ;)

so how does it work?
    i assume all monsters in the area and who get hit by any attack of the char that has this mod will have -15%resi like COLDMASTERY.

if i consider a lightning fury java - will just the first monster that gets hit by the main bolt have -15% light resi or does it also count for the bolts that spread after the "starter"?

thx for clearing that in advance

regards
    jedi

2. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

is that question too silly? ;)

sorry :yep:

3. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

it counts for all lightning skills used by your character on all monsters you hit, the bolts from lightning fury count as hits.
    monsters cannot go below -100% resist though. And it will not work on lightning immune monsters, that are still immune, and not reduced down by conviction or lower resist to remove their immunity.

4. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

No, it is a sensible question.

All the minus to target resistance effects on equipment and facet jewels work the same way. They reduce the effective resistance of the target to that type of attack from the player and not from his Merc, minions or other players. So a -15% to lightning will affect all your own lightning based attacks, it can be thought of as way to boost the damage.

Bear in mind that -% resists can be very effective when used against high resistance monsters (but not immunes) and are much better than simply boosting the damage by the same %. The curse Lower Resistance and the Paladin's Conviction aura will stack with the -% resist to fiurther increase damage. There is a -100% lower limit to the amount resists can be lowered by a any combination of methods.

5. Rava

Rava IncGamers Member

Jedi, was wondering the same thing .. so if it were a silly question you wouldn't be alone =)

I was considering using T-stroke instead of titans as well for that feature ..
    along with a crescent moon weapon on my merc for it's - Light resists mod.

6. Magos

Magos IncGamers Member

Does the neg to resist from a merc attack stay in effect for your own attacks; will it stack with your own resist reduction for your own attacks ?

7. Makhlath

Makhlath IncGamers Member

I wonder about this too. If it stacks with the merc-weapons -%, would also the -% from partymembers also be applied? My first thought was that it was only applied to the monsters beeing hit by the person with the -% items.

8. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

No. Your attacks use your -% to resists and your Merc uses his. And all party members use their own.

The only way to "share" the ability to lower the resistances of monsters between you and your Merc or minions and / or the rest of the party are

A) Be a paladin with Conviction aura
    B) Use the Lower Resist curse which Necros cast and others can get as charges (I think maybe) and as a mod on some weapons (e.g. PussSpitter).

9. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

See above answer. Everyone, including mercs, uses their own -% to resist. So your first thought was right. :)