[Build] 134k Lightning Sorc Build

Pentecostal

Diabloii.Net Member
Bold Impressive Attention Grabber: My Light Sorceress doms. With a whopping 134k damage per second what more is there to say? We Zappin'!

Theme: Lightning + Lightning Mastery + Conviction Aura

Intro: Pure Light Sorceresses are no mystery and they're probably considered the most effective PvM characters in Diablo II when you factor in Teleports affect and the overall Damage of Lightning and the Crowd Control of Chain Lightning. I will create the build providing Rich, Mid, and Poor Options for your budget. Let's not spend too much time talking about the build and get straight into it.

GEAR:

Helm:
1. Rich Option:
Magically Enhanced Tiara - 3 to Lightning Skills, 20%FCR, 3 sockets(Light Die Facets)
2. Mid Option: Griffin's Eye Diadem - Add Socket and Light Die Facet
3. Poor Option: Harlequin Crest Shako or Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest (Set) - Add Light Die Facet

Armor:
1. Rich Option:
Chains of Honor Runeword (Dol + Um + Ber + Ist)
2. Mid Option: Tal Rasha's Guardianship Lacquered Plate (Set)
3. Poor Option: Ormus Robes, Skin of the Vipermagi Upped with Light Die Facet

Shield:
1. Rich Option:
Spirit Runeword (Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn)
2. Mid Option: Visceratuant Defender with Light Die Facet or Monarch with 4 Light Die Facets
3. Poor Option: Sigon's Guard Tower Shield (Set) with Light Die Facet

Weapon:
1. Rich Option:
Rare Eldritch Orb - 2 Sorceresses Skill Levels, 3 Lightning, 3 Lightning Mastery, 3 Chain Lightning, 20%FCR, 2 Sockets (Yes this exists. I have one socketed with 2 light facets. Very Very expensive.)
2. Mid Option: Eschuta's Temper Eldritch Orb - Light Die Facet
3. Poor Option: The Oculus - Light Die Facet or Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye (Set)

Gloves:
1. Rich Option:
Magefist - FCR and Mana
2. Mid Option: Magefist
3. Poor Option: Magefist - Easily Found very cheap.

Belt:
1. Rich Option:
Arachnid's Mesh Spiderweb Sash - 1 Skill, FCR, Mana
2. Mid Option: Tal Rasha's Fine Spun Cloth (Set)
3. Poor Option: String of Ears

Boots:
1. Rich Option:
War Traveler's
2. Mid Option: Sandstorm Treks
3. Poor Option: Anything Magic or Rare with Stats, Res, and/or FRW

Ring #1:
1. Rich Option:
Crafted Caster or SOJ
2. Mid Option: Anything With Stats, Res, FCR
3. Poor Option: Anything with Stats, Res, FCR

Ring #2:
1. Rich Option:
Crafted Caster, SOJ, or Ravenfrost for CBF
2. Mid Option: Anything with Stats, Res, FCR
3. Poor Option: Anything with Stats, Res, FCR

Amulet:
1. Rich Option:
Crafted Caster Amulet Skiller with Stats, Mara's Kaleidoscope,
2. Mid Option: 3 Skill with Stats
3. Poor Option: Any Skills with Stats or Tal Rasha's Adjunction (Set)

Inventory:
Grand Charms:
Skillers w/ 45 Life (HSP)
Medium Charms: Hellfire Torch (HSP)
Small Charms: Annihilius (HSP), 20Life/5AR

Stats:
Strength:
None - Enough to Wear Gear
Dexterity: None - Max Block
Vitality: All Here
Energy: None - Energy Shield

SKILLS:
Obviously put 1 to all prerequisites.
Charged Bolt - 20
Nova - 20
Lightning - 20
Chain Lightning - 20
Static Field - 1
Teleport - 1
Warmth - Rest Here
Shiver Armor - 1

Merc:
Act 2 Defensive Normal or Hell for Defensive Aura.
Helm: Andariel's With Ral or 15/40
Armor: Ebugged Fortitute Sacred Armor
Weapon: Eth Infinity Giant Thresher

Damage Notes:
Let's talk about damage and how I calculated things. I managed to get Lightning to level 52 which i believe is the highest possible. My Lightning Mastery is also level 52. All of my synergies are 49-50. Lightning Mastery adds 662% Lightning Damage. I have 5 Light Die Facets installed for 25% Pierce and Increased Damage. After Battle Command and a Skill Shrine my display damage is 8-67k. There is no possible higher Lightning damage on a Pure Light Sorceress. If someone is claiming to have higher they are lying. At 125 FCR(Past break 117 for 12 frames which is half a second per shot. 25 Frames = 1 second) and 67k Damage through 32+ skills there is truly no higher possible damage that Lightning is capable of. There is no nees to raise FCR from 125 since the next breaking point is at 194 and it would only reduce your frames from 12 to 11. You're still only getting two hits per second and the sacrifice to damage wouldn't be worth it. This build balances maximum Damage with Maximum relevant FCR providing one shockingly high damaging Hermoine. If there are holes feel free to mention them in the comments. I will correct them and give credit.

Damage: 67k or 134k per second

Putting It Into Action:
As soon as you put this build into action you fall in love with slicing through mobs like warm table butter with a buster blade. Everything is mushy. Zap! Zap! Zap!

P.S. Typos may be included. Fight me.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
A few points. Having maximum damage does not make the character better than a lower damage build by default. The level of your synergies is irrelevant. I believe that the Jeweller’s and ‘Powered’ mods are both prefixes for the circlet? Also, Griffon’s still beats it for the -lres. The only time a circlet would be potentially better is if it was a juicy life/mana/res/str combo on it, and even then it would be difficult for that to realistically beat Griffon’s. You don’t have a skill shrine 24/7, so don’t include that in your damage calculations. You’re better off with a rare ring rather than a craft.

Honestly, I don’t mean to be rude, but this is not a character build for utility, it seems to just be a ‘I have a big damage number build’. It’s a flashy thing, but mostly unnecessary to do.

Like the fire Sorc that you posted, what is the purpose here?

I hope that you understand this is meant as critique, not offence :)

Last edited:

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
@Kitteh is correct, that combination of affixes on a circlet is impossible:

These are all prefixes and magic only affixes and thus cannot spawn together on a magic item:
Powered [+3 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress only)]
And either Artisan's [sockets (3)] or Jeweler's [sockets (4)]