dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
1337 [email protected]

We have seen alot of stupidity in naming of sequels. X2, windows XP, dumb and dumberererererer, and "Episode 1" seemed to lead the pack. I know some of you out there are thinking "but some good sequels have illogical names". to this I respond:

1. Stop talking

2. Good games can still have crappy names

3. Metriod Prime made sense since they named the game after the bad guy

But still you ask, what set off this rant? While, let me ask you a question, if you were to make a sequel to a popular unspecified game (lets call this hypothetical game "driver and driver 2") what might you call it? Driver 3 maybe? driver 7 since several versions of the game got released only in other countries? Driver: The Next One? Driverer? (ok, that last one would suck). Personally, I would whore my self out trying to gain internet gamers who can spot a n00b a mile away. I would name the game something vocally indistinquishable from the original (since those internet games don't have any real life friends and thus don't need to vocalize it).

I would make Driv3r

Yes, you read that right, the sequel to driver 2 will be Driv3r. It's cool cause it's 1337. I hope all the in game dialogue is pronounced so we can finally learn how to be a |-|><><0R in real life and Pwn english papers. Maybe they just think 1337 will be the next ebonics. This game, before it is even released, has angered me to no end. I hate this world.

Munch

Diabloii.Net Member
I think "Driv3r" is brilliant, along the same vein as "Se7en". It's extremely aesthetically catchy, and won't cause any confusion (people are just going to say, "Driver Three").

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
Munch said:
I think "Driv3r" is brilliant, along the same vein as "Se7en". It's extremely aesthetically catchy, and won't cause any confusion (people are just going to say, "Driver Three").
1. "seven" caused no confusion since on most of the posters I saw, it was spelled seven or just 7,
2. The number added was also the whole and entire name of the movie (a movie named "thre3" would have been fine as well)
3. It was not a sequel. They never came out with a movie "Se2en". Can we agree that "Se2en" would be a bad idea?
4. Despite all that it stil does irk me a bit when i see it spelled "se7en" instead of seven or 7.
5. for thinking this is aesthetically pleasing and catchy I'm forced to conclude you are one of the Haxxors that pwns n00bz on unnamed multiplayer games.
6. your momma dresses you funny.

Jonas

Diabloii.Net Member
OMG...are you serious, the sequel will be called Driv3r?

Man, it's going to be hard when I buy the game and say, "Hey guys, I just bought 'Driv-three-are,' it's freakin' awesome!"

LOL, "Thre3" and "Se2en" are the funniest movie titles of the year...

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
th5418 said:
Its not bad. Its not like its confusing. Even un1337 gamers would understand.
is your name supposed to mean anything? thsaib? what is a thsaib? until your obscure name is clarified I bite mine thumb at thee

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
I think they should make a sequel to "You got served".

The title of the movie should be "PWN3D!!!1"

Andy225

Diabloii.Net Member
dantose said:
We have seen alot of stupidity in naming of sequels. X2, windows XP, dumb and dumberererererer, and "Episode 1" seemed to lead the pack. I know some of you out there are thinking "but some good sequels have illogical names". to this I respond:

1. Stop talking

2. Good games can still have crappy names

3. Metriod Prime made sense since they named the game after the bad guy

But still you ask, what set off this rant? While, let me ask you a question, if you were to make a sequel to a popular unspecified game (lets call this hypothetical game "driver and driver 2") what might you call it? Driver 3 maybe? driver 7 since several versions of the game got released only in other countries? Driver: The Next One? Driverer? (ok, that last one would suck). Personally, I would whore my self out trying to gain internet gamers who can spot a n00b a mile away. I would name the game something vocally indistinquishable from the original (since those internet games don't have any real life friends and thus don't need to vocalize it).

I would make Driv3r

Yes, you read that right, the sequel to driver 2 will be Driv3r. It's cool cause it's 1337. I hope all the in game dialogue is pronounced so we can finally learn how to be a |-|><><0R in real life and Pwn english papers. Maybe they just think 1337 will be the next ebonics. This game, before it is even released, has angered me to no end. I hate this world.

I agree the whole world should be transformed to ub3r 1337 |-|4><0R language because it is pwnage.

Try going to google.com, and change the language preference to hax0r. It is quite a fun experience.

tarnok

Diabloii.Net Member
th5418 said:
The forums are red again! YAY! The OT feel has come back!
? I think they were blue or something when I first joined years ago, but they've been red for me for at least the past year.